1) choice of elective rotations, and 2) california rotations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Peanuts

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I posted these 2 questions in Allopathic before I saw this folder. Oops. :p These are reposted, and maybe eventually I'll find a way to delete my other two posts.

1) Choice of elective rotations:
I've heard that we should round out our MD education by taking varied electives and not trying to repeat our internships. So I thought good, useful rotations for someone going into primary care would be things like dermatology and radiology.

The more I think about it, the less I feel like studying radiology for 4 weeks. This course called History of Pathology and Medicine is starting to sound more interesting to me, but... how applicable is that when I'm an intern?

Any thoughts to help me decide whether I should drop the radiology rotation I signed up for and sign up for this history class? (when will i have the opportunity to take a class like history again?)

Thanks.

2) California rotations:
Any recommendations for good elective rotations in Pediatrics in southern (or northern) California?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm interested in primary care also so I can relate- because we get so much prepartion in our core rotations for what primary care sees, it's really your choice, everything will help in the end and residency will prepare you for the real world. That history of path/med sounds interesting. I'd pull my hair out by the roots just thinking about a 4 week rotation in radiology, but hey, that's just me. You'll get enough exposure in residency to the core of primary care and you can pick up what you need about radiology during internal med/peds/FM etc so I wouldn't worry about it, just do what you feel interested in and enjoy your med school time while you can.