1 month into studying: Help finding systematic approach to CARS improvement!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I'm in the practice stage myself and I can recommend my point of view on how to approach CARS. I read the passage as though they're trying to sell me whatever they're presenting as their argument or idea. This helps me get down to two possible choices usually and then I look back at what the passage for which one is better supported.
 
I'm one month into studying for late January 2019 MCAT. After a round of content review, I've been plowing through the UWorld question bank and a decent portion done.
  • Biochemistry: 98%
  • Biology: 95%
  • Chemistry: 95%
  • OChem: 92%
  • Physics: 100%
  • CARS: 79% ...
My deceased great-grandfather can see that I desperately need CARS help. I've been logging all the questions that I get wrong with the incorrect thought process. Looking through them, I do not see any distinct pattern, to make matters worse. Other subjects, I can systematically study and review to drive iterative improvement. But with CARS, I still feel like I'm reaching out in the dark.

Reading around, it seems some people just had some epiphany after grinding hundreds of problems, but that just seems purely luck-based. Is there a systematic approach to improving CARS when my error styles are not consistent? Other than grinding a truck load of problems... Thanks!
Can you please share your approach on other subjects? I can share my personal cars strategy. I'll just have to find it in Word.