1 Week Out - What did you guys do during the last 7 days before your exam?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Brutess

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
As the title reads, my exam is in a week. I still have a couple of things to learn but other than that, would you suggest going through destroyer again? How did YOU spend the week leading up to your DAT?

Members don't see this ad.

I did the destroyer again during the last week instead of doing more full lengths because in my opinion, that does a better job to help you improve. The ones that I got wrong/marked I wrote down and reviewed the last two days before the test. I also have my notes that I took while reading Feralis (or notecards if you made some) and went over those the two days before. I think that helped tremendously with my bio score because it helped refresh all the small details that I forgot in time for the test. Also no matter how comfortable you feel with PAT, RC and QR, do a test for the first two everyday and at least read for 30 minutes for RC. Make sure you finish strong, because the last week flew by for me.
Good luck!

Thanks for the response! I plan on staying away from Full Lengths until the 2009 test a few days before. I tried taking Bootcamp FL #1 and I hit backspace to try and clear my calculator...the exam went back to the beginning of RC. I stopped out of frustration. By doing a test for PAT & RC, you mean those section based tests on Bootcamp?

Read Feralis notes, went over every single question I got wrong on Destroyer and Bootcamp, and watched some MCAT prep videos on human systems for some biology reenforcement. Highly recommend going through Destroyer 2x and elucidating any answer choices/terms that you're not sure about. Good luck!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Read Feralis notes, went over every single question I got wrong on Destroyer and Bootcamp, and watched some MCAT prep videos on human systems for some biology reenforcement. Highly recommend going through Destroyer 2x and elucidating any answer choices/terms that you're not sure about. Good luck!!
'Preciate the advice and thanks!

To add, relax a little bit, you don't want to be exhausted mentally going into the exam, you want to be in a "prime" state of mind. not slow, and not drained at the real of information.

Thanks for the response! I plan on staying away from Full Lengths until the 2009 test a few days before. I tried taking Bootcamp FL #1 and I hit backspace to try and clear my calculator...the exam went back to the beginning of RC. I stopped out of frustration. By doing a test for PAT & RC, you mean those section based tests on Bootcamp?
I meant do a QR (Math destroyer, but if you're done with that finish the Bootcamp ones) and PAT test, I think if you are good on your strategy for RC, you should focus more on reading articles than doing an actual RC test

Reactions: 1 users
2 days going through all of the destroyer sciences, 1 day for bootcamp, 2 days for flashcards. The last two days I reviewed whatever I marked that week as stuff I still felt uneasy on. Solidified that and spent the rest of my last day going on a really big run bc pre exam jitters!

Reactions: 1 user