10 months Post ACL, What just happened!...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rhenspet

Reaction score
Hi, 48 y.o. dentist here who likes to snowboard and do jiu jitsu. I had ACL allograft reconstruction in May of 2018. Rehab went pretty well with some behind the patella pain while going up stairs. However, generally, I was basically pain free at the 9 month mark. Started back to Jiu jitsu at the 10 month mark and things went fine. A little bit sore, but O.K.
I was becoming a little bit frustrated with the inability of being able to sit back on my heel in full flexion. I had been working on it slowly but surely. Still, quite a bit of pain as I pushed back. One night I decided to put a l more of body weight on it than usual to try and increase my ROM for full flexion. As I finished the stretch (which was painful), I started to come back up and a great deal of pain hit my joint. It was maybe a 7/10. It really hurt to walk and especially to fully extend my leg.
It has been 3 weeks and I still have a lot of discomfort in the joint, especially toward the medial side now.
I am going to see my dr. in 2 weeks.. I am very fearful that I have torn my allograft! Well, just wanted some thoughts if that is possible to tear my acl allograft by going into full flexion considering the symptoms I am having?....

thanks, RH

Members don't see this ad.

O.K. Thanks for your response.
I figure I just have to wait and see what my Orth. Doc says in a couple weeks. It is just so frustrating to have a setback like this after so much time/ pain
spent in rehab/surg. etc.
Would a meniscus tear possibly due to a graft on the overly tight side of things, creating more direct pressure on the joint as the flexion reached its max?
(In no way implying surgical error on Doc's part)

RH

Status
Not open for further replies.