$100 Deposits

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Circadian Man

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I thought that the $100 deposits that we pay to hold our spot when offered an acceptance were refundable until May 15. I gave up my multiple acceptances a couple of weeks ago, and yesterday I received an acknowledgement from the first of these schools but no check. I can't remember where I read this, but aren't we supposed to get the deposits back?

Members don't see this ad.

Circadian Man said:
I thought that the $100 deposits that we pay to hold our spot when offered an acceptance were refundable until May 15. I gave up my multiple acceptances a couple of weeks ago, and yesterday I received an acknowledgement from the first of these schools but no check. I can't remember where I read this, but aren't we supposed to get the deposits back?

the people that send out verification of your withdrawal are much faster at their job than the people who send you your $$ back. My MSU check came 2 weeks after they acknowledged that I withdrew from their school. Nothing is ever efficient...to get your check AND your acknowledgement at the same time! Impossible... :laugh:

Just wait and you should get it back soon. If its May and you haven't gotten anything then you should email them and let them know. Oh and yes some schools do NOT refund your check too.