*** The Official Tufts School of Dentistry Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry0023

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I didn't see one for the class of 2023 so I thought I would just start it. Did anyone get an application complete?? I finally did after 2 weeks of paying the supp fee lol :/

Link to interview prep: Tufts University School of Dental Medicine Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

*edited by staff to include link to interview feedback

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 3 users
Do they sent an email with a link to pay the supplemental fees? Because I don't see a link to pay on their website.

Do they sent an email with a link to pay the supplemental fees? Because I don't see a link to pay on their website.

yes they email you a link after they receive your application

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Are they only sending email to pay supplemental fee to the applicants they want to interview? Or are they sending the link to pay to every applicant?

Are they only sending email to pay supplemental fee to the applicants they want to interview? Or are they sending the link to pay to every applicant?

99.99% sure its everyone
one of my LOR isnt in yet and I still received one

do they usually start sending out invites in september or october?

By supplemental app you mean a secondary app, yes. That is invite only.

If you get a secondary app, is that via email? And if you get one, I'm guessing your chances of an interview are much higher than someone who doesn't receive a secondary app?

Also, my status on AADSAS is currently "Received/Waiting Additional Information" - anyone else? Is that normal or am I missing something? :unsure:

Also, my status on AADSAS is currently "Received/Waiting Additional Information" - anyone else? Is that normal or am I missing something? :unsure:
I have the same thing! I got an email a couple of weeks ago saying that they haven’t received anything (DAT, ADDSAS app, supplemental fee, etc.) but for the rest of the schools that I applied to, they all received my app. I guess it’s because Tufts takes longer to process apps than most dental schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you get a secondary app, is that via email? And if you get one, I'm guessing your chances of an interview are much higher than someone who doesn't receive a secondary app?

is that true for sure? that your chances of interview are higher if you receive your secondary app?

I have the same thing! I got an email a couple of weeks ago saying that they haven’t received anything (DAT, ADDSAS app, supplemental fee, etc.) but for the rest of the schools that I applied to, they all received my app. I guess it’s because Tufts takes longer to process apps than most dental schools.

What was the email's subject line?? The last email I've received from them was the "Order Confirmation" from paying the supplemental fee! My app is currently "Under Review" at pretty much every other school I applied to :lame:

is that true for sure? that your chances of interview are higher if you receive your secondary app?

I dunno! I'm assuming they only send the secondary to those they're more interested in interviewing. It helps them further eliminate who to actually invite for the interview (I have a lot of pre-med friends and that's how it works typically)..

Hoping someone else in this thread can confirm!! Like what even is the secondary app for Tufts??

I dunno! I'm assuming they only send the secondary to those they're more interested in interviewing. It helps them further eliminate who to actually invite for the interview (I have a lot of pre-med friends and that's how it works typically)..

Hoping someone else in this thread can confirm!! Like what even is the secondary app for Tufts??

I received it and it was just a link to pay a 90$ using their website.

What was the email's subject line?? The last email I've received from them was the "Order Confirmation" from paying the supplemental fee! My app is currently "Under Review" at pretty much every other school I applied to :lame:
TUSDM DMD Application Incomplete

I"m not sure if that's true! My application for AADSAS was complete 8/10, and I submitted to Tufts 8/18. I got an email titled "TUSDM DMD Application Complete" on 8/24, which I feel like is pretty fast considering it was all in the same business week! My status on AADSAS for them also says "Received/Application Complete." Hope that helps a little :/

I"m not sure if that's true! My application for AADSAS was complete 8/10, and I submitted to Tufts 8/18. I got an email titled "TUSDM DMD Application Complete" on 8/24, which I feel like is pretty fast considering it was all in the same business week! My status on AADSAS for them also says "Received/Application Complete." Hope that helps a little :/
Idk lol it's weird because I applied to Tufts through AADSAS along with 11 other schools and Tufts is the only school that said that my application is incomplete. My email says that they received virtually nothing lmao. I'll try emailing them about it.

Idk lol it's weird because I applied to Tufts through AADSAS along with 11 other schools and Tufts is the only school that said that my application is incomplete. My email says that they received virtually nothing lmao. I'll try emailing them about it.
yeah that is definitely strange then! I was really surprised how fast their turn-around was too since half of my schools still say "Under Review." I'd send them an email; good luck and hope they tell you what's going on!

Do you all think they review masters applicants applications AFTER their fall grades are in? So they give them post December interviews?

Reactions: 3 users
^ this is a great question.

Yes mine did. I’m assuming they have made a decision on our file with respect to an interview offer and/or rejection.

Did your decision ever change from “under review” to complete? Aka which one did it have first if it had both— I feel like I had under review first then it changed to complete

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did your decision ever change from “under review” to complete? Aka which one did it have first if it had both— I feel like I had under review first then it changed to complete

I don’t remember, it had one of both I know that for sure.

Did anyone else's status change from under review to none?

Mine did. I received an email that my application is complete now. It changed from "waiting for additional information" to "application complete" and now it says none! I'm so freaked out. What does it mean?

This was in the email! " The DMD interview process for the 2018 -2019 cycle begins in October 2018 and concludes in February 2019. Invitations for our earliest interviews were released beginning in September and will continue on a rolling basis until all interview slots are filled. We anticipate extending interview invitations into the month of February 2019."

Mine did. I received an email that my application is complete now. It changed from "waiting for additional information" to "application complete" and now it says none! I'm so freaked out. What does it mean?

This was in the email! " The DMD interview process for the 2018 -2019 cycle begins in October 2018 and concludes in February 2019. Invitations for our earliest interviews were released beginning in September and will continue on a rolling basis until all interview slots are filled. We anticipate extending interview invitations into the month of February 2019."

Yea I got the email end of July and looking now my aadsas says complete. Yea i agree we may only get invites in september.

My status finally switched from complete to under review... Hopefully they don’t troll me and switch my status back and forth o_O

My status finally switched from complete to under review... Hopefully they don’t troll me and switch my status back and forth o_O

Mine also changed from complete to under review!! Is that moving forward or backwards?

Mine also changed from complete to under review!! Is that moving forward or backwards?

It’s supposed to be moving forwards, but on last year’s thread it kept switching between complete, under review, and none :confused:

Hey guys, my app was verified/completed about a month ago, but I haven’t received any emails regarding the supplementary fee. Has anyone else had this issue?

I emailed them a few days ago but no response

Hey guys, my app was verified/completed about a month ago, but I haven’t received any emails regarding the supplementary fee. Has anyone else had this issue?

I emailed them a few days ago but no response
Tufts was the last school to send me a supplementary fee, so they take a long time to send it out...I wouldn't sweat it.

My application turned from waiting for additional information, to application complete, to under review and then to none. I freaked out that they were done with my application and it meant soft rejection. But, it went back to under review a couple days ago. I don't think these mean anything! I read all of the comments in the class of 2022 threat!!! YES! Multiple people got interviews with none status . I just can't wait any more longer !!! Tufts, please send your interview invites sooon!!!

is it true that if it goes from app complete --> under review --> app complete that theres no interview and its a rejection? I stalked last year's thread and pretty much if it changed from app complete --> under review --> none you get an invitation from the looks of it

I was looking at my AADSAS portal a couple weeks back and it showed my Tufts application "Received/ Under Review". Yesterday I looked back and say that it was changed to "Received/Application Complete" I thought progress was meant to go forwards, not backwards. Anyone having the same thing?

is it true that if it goes from app complete --> under review --> app complete that theres no interview and its a rejection? I stalked last year's thread and pretty much if it changed from app complete --> under review --> none you get an invitation from the looks of it

I looked at the 2022 thread again, and I believe there were applicants who got interviews with "under review" decision status. Last year, they sent out interviews around September 18th which is in 5 days. I think at this point we should just wait!

Reactions: 1 users
Last year I didn't get an invite but i was given a secondary.

Last year I didn't get an invite but i was given a secondary.

hmm, it's very weird. Well, that 90$ application fee is for everyone. But the supplemental/secondary application is only for those who are invited for the interview. I saw this on a facebook page too. I can be wrong though!
38234446_2048439081855856_397014901257666560_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm, it's very weird. Well, that 90$ application fee is for everyone. But the supplemental/secondary application is only for those who are invited for the interview. I saw this on a facebook page too. I can be wrong though!
View attachment 239733

I got the email to pay the supplemental fee in mid-July. Does that mean they already started making interview decisions then but won't send out official invites till late september?

I got the email to pay the supplemental fee in mid-July. Does that mean they already started making interview decisions then but won't send out official invites till late september?

I'm sorry to confuse everyone here. 90$ is the application fee. If you have submitted your application, you should get an email telling you to pay your application fee. If you have done this, then there is nothing else to do unless waiting for them to send interview invites. If you have not paid the application fee, you can try contacting them, but they are so terrible at responding back.

View attachment 239733
Oh maybe I was little confused. I thought that fee counted. THanks for clearing it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.