*** The Official Tufts School of Dentistry Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine went Complete -> Review -> None -> Under review (this morning) -> Invited for interview 4 hours later
Did you call already? I left a voicemail and was wondering how long it takes them to confirm the date.

Members don't see this ad.

I called this past Wednesday and they confirmed the date within 4 hours of the voicemail.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I just declined my interview offer. Hopefully one of you gets it

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone been able to contact the school? I've called the 6639 number several times because they keep sending automated emails about my fee not being processed but I can never connect to someone

I also just got an interview offer. I think Tufts is a good school, but does anyone know if they have any meaningful scholarships? When I originally applied I was going to go through with the military, but I am not doing that anymore.

Did your status ever switch to none or did it stay app complete?
Was your status “under review”?

So this is how my status changed: None --> Received/Under Review (I received application received email and paid supplementary fee on July 18) --> Received/Application Complete ( on September 17. I received Application complete email) --> Invited for Interview (on September 26).
Hope it helped! BTW I submitted my AADSAS Application on June 9th and committee letter was sent on July 15th.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! Trying to figure out if everyone who gets a supplement, gets an interview or not??
Majority of students who receive a supplemental should receive an invite VERY soon after submitting it back. I know only very few students from last year who received the supplemental and never received an invite. Hope that helps!

Majority of students who receive a supplemental should receive an invite VERY soon after submitting it back. I know only very few students from last year who received the supplemental and never received an invite. Hope that helps!

Is the supplemental just the supplemental fee? Or are there supplemental questions?

Reactions: 3 users
Where did you hear that most people who get the supplement email get invites?

Hey,

I am interviewing on October 23rd. I am coming from PA. Can anyone accommodate me?

I also just got an interview offer. I think Tufts is a good school, but does anyone know if they have any meaningful scholarships? When I originally applied I was going to go through with the military, but I am not doing that anymore.
Congrats on the interview!
Did you get a supplemental application(with additional questions) besides the fee request before your interview invite?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

For those who got Interviews! Is there an additional application? I see people got interviews after they paid the fee, but I'm trying to figure out if there is an actual secondary application.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

They email you a link to the supplemental once you've confirmed your interview. It doesn't have any essay questions though it essentially just asks about any disciplinary history and your current/planned coursework.

Reactions: 1 users
For those of y’all who received invites, how long were you under review before you got your invite?

Where did you hear that most people who get the supplement email get invites?
My bad, my friends who are D1's were speaking about another school that only sends out supp apps for potential candidates. Don't lose hope yet!

What do you guys think about sending a letter of intent
I think a lot of schools appreciate it and take it into consideration but I don’t know that Tufts is one of them. They seem very against receiving any additional materials

Notification date: 10/03/2018
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS - GA
AADSAS mail-out date: 08/29/2018
GPA (science, overall): 3.90, 3.87
DAT (AA/TS/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/24/28/none
Interviewing Wednesday, November 14th

Hi, all I have a question. I took the dat in May and submitted my primary to most school in June. However, due to my budget, I was unable to apply to Tufts in June. I now have the money to pay for it. Do you all think it is too late to apply there if I submit the application to them today?

Tufts never picks up my phone call.. anyone here had a chance to talk to the admissions office over the phone?

My status on AADSAS changed to "none". Hope that's a good sign! I went back to class of 2022 thread and many people got interview invites after their status changed to "none". Tufts is my top choice!! please give me a chance!!!

How long did it take them to confirm your interview date after you left the voicemail?

Just received an interview invite today!!!! Beyond excited

Anyone get interview invites recently? Still waiting to hear back and December is coming up fast

Reactions: 1 user
One of my friends got her acceptance last January. She said only half a class was full when she joined their facebook page.

My status changed to "Under Review" from Complete, but that is all I have heard.

One of my friends got her acceptance last January. She said only half a class was full when she joined their facebook page.

That’s reassuring to know! But by then I will already have put down a deposit at another school (assuming I get at least one acceptance on dec 3rd) so that’s a bit frustrating. I know aadsas status doesn’t mean anything but it’s been received/under review for months. An update from the school would be nice

That’s reassuring to know! But by then I will already have put down a deposit at another school (assuming I get at least one acceptance on dec 3rd) so that’s a bit frustrating. I know aadsas status doesn’t mean anything but it’s been received/under review for months. An update from the school would be nice

I know! I think this is why half of their class is empty because most applicants get into other schools. Tufts truly has to be your number 1 I guess.

I just got an interview invite! I thought that there was no way they had any pre-dec 3rd interviews left but I just got the invite for an interview on the 26th! Did anyone else get one?

Interview #3
School:
Tufts School of Dental Medicine
Notification date: November 20th, 2018
Residency: Minnesota
Application complete date: August 14th, 2018
GPA (science, overall): 3.24, 3.4
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/22/22/27
Dates available OR your interview date: November 26th

I just got an interview invite! I thought that there was no way they had any pre-dec 3rd interviews left but I just got the invite for an interview on the 26th! Did anyone else get one?

Interview #3
School:
Was your application status “application complete” or “under review”?

Was your application status “application complete” or “under review”?
I think it was on application complete for a very long time but I'm not sure it ever changed to under review. I stopped checking AADSAS many weeks ago however so I'm not sure.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

My status on AADSAS changed from 'Received/Under Review' to 'Received/Application Complete' a couple of months ago. At some point overnight it changed back to 'Received/Under Review'. I haven't received any word from Tufts since August when they stated my app was complete.

Interview #3
School:
I did! See you there :)

Interview #4
School:
Notification date: November 26th, 2018
Residency: Florida
Application complete date: September 5th, 2018
GPA (science, overall): 3.56, 3.65
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/21/20/30
Dates available OR your interview date: December 10th

For anyone who has already interviewed: is there interview style the traditional one-on-one?

I have my interview next week so I want to make sure I'm preparing properly

Status
Not open for further replies.