This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The REAL Doc McStuffins

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You can definitely get in! I finished college with a 3.4 overall GPA and ~3.2 science GPA and also withdrew from gen chem II and had Cs in both ochem labs and ended up getting 6 acceptances my first time applying. If I were you, I’d try my best to make up for the first ochem test, try going to office hours or finding a tutor and bring that grade up to at least a B. Your GPA isn’t bad, and if you do really well on your DAT, get strong LORs, do a lot of volunteering/shadowing, and have a good personal statement, you’ll definitely get in somewhere!

Reactions: 1 user
You can definitely get in! I finished college with a 3.4 overall GPA and ~3.2 science GPA and also withdrew from gen chem II and had Cs in both ochem labs and ended up getting 6 acceptances my first time applying. If I were you, I’d try my best to make up for the first ochem test, try going to office hours or finding a tutor and bring that grade up to at least a B. Your GPA isn’t bad, and if you do really well on your DAT, get strong LORs, do a lot of volunteering/shadowing, and have a good personal statement, you’ll definitely get in somewhere!
Thank you so much!

Looks like you posted in pre-med before you posted here, so I'm just going to say that you really need to shadow both professions and see what you're getting yourself into. First it was "Becoming a physician has always been my dream" then 10 min later it was "Becoming a dentist has always been my dream". Both of them are veeeeeeeeeeery different and I think it's best you shadow to see which one you're more comfortable doing for the rest of your life, and then work toward it. Good luck!

The reason for my post is because I’m trying to determine whether or not it would be realistic for me to keep going on my pre-med journey.
btw, this is what gave it away :p

Reactions: 4 users