This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vworriedpremed

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Does it have to be long-term adversity? I just don't think talking about a break-up will help you stand out... imo.

Members don't see this ad :)
Spin it correctly and it will work
Yeah, I mean if you don’t mention the romantic part and just say friend, like, I had a friend and we were very close but then I found out they had been lying to me and we became distant and during this time I had to focus on other things, blah blah blah. I think that works. What you think goro???? Did we just write a secondary because I think we did!

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Yeah, I mean if you don’t mention the romantic part and just say friend, like, I had a friend and we were very close but then I found out they had been lying to me and we became distant and during this time I had to focus on other things, blah blah blah. I think that works. What you think goro???? Did we just write a secondary because I think we did!
Yup. OP, write it as if you were a Senator.

Reactions: 3 users
I don't think you're approaching the prompt in the right way. Medical schools aren't collecting a little menagerie of hard-luck cases they've turned into doctors. This is about showing coping skills. You had to have failed at something once: failed to meet expectations at a job, struggled in school because of familial strife, anything. What changed about you from failing, what did you learn about problem solving, and did you implement that in the future?

Think about what you could change about your reaction to these events, or have changed, that would make the school go "wow if her dog dies in the middle of musculo-skeletal anatomy she'll keep on going!"

Reactions: 1 user
You could always write your adversity essay on the adversity you are going through in writing an adversity essay.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user