University of Alabama (UAB) Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck everyone!

Link to last years' thread: ****The Official University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Link to interview prep: University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone! UAB school of dentistry prerequisites say that 12 semester hours of general biology are required, I'm confused because the sequence I took in college was: Gen bio I (3 credits) and Gen bio II (3 credits), and two labs, is 2 credits total. That's only 8 credits. UAB also says upper level biology is recommended, so I’m not sure if that’s also added to meet the 12 hours? I’ve taken many upper-level courses in bio. Anyone familiar with this please let me know!!!

I emailed some schools about this because my school didn’t offer a 2-course biology series.

UAB said that as long as I had the required amount of biology hours and labs I would be fine, didn’t specifically need two general bio courses. So I’m assuming your 8 credit general plus 4 credit upper level bio will fulfill their requirements.

Members don't see this ad :)
I emailed some schools about this because my school didn’t offer a 2-course biology series.

UAB said that as long as I had the required amount of biology hours and labs I would be fine, didn’t specifically need two general bio courses. So I’m assuming your 8 credit general plus 4 credit upper level bio will fulfill their requirements.
Thanks!!

So reading some of last years posts, UAB sent out supplemental/interview invites 2 weeks after the application opened! That would mean they may start sending some out on the 30th of June :0

Is there a secondary application or just the $100 additional fee? Their website says...."Please note that you should only submit the supplemental application fee if you have received an invitation to complete the supplemental application via AADSAS."

Is there a secondary application or just the $100 additional fee? Their website says...."Please note that you should only submit the supplemental application fee if you have received an invitation to complete the supplemental application via AADSAS."
Supplemental application = secondary application. You submit the fee if they send you an email and invite you to fill out the supplemental app.

I heard in the past that the supplemental was sent via mail. Does anyone know if it’s going to be that way this year?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just received the supplemental application via email! Anyone else?

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah I just received it too! Florida resident

Reactions: 1 users
Nice! Is this the email sent out to only to people they are interested in or is this a general supplemental email?
Their website says: All Alabama applicants and those out-of-state residents whose AADSAS applications indicate they can be given serious consideration, will be requested to file a supplemental application.

Reactions: 1 users
Nice! Is this the email sent out to only to people they are interested in or is this a general supplemental email?
I heard Alabama only sends supplemental to people they are interested in historically, but don't wanna make any guesses! Either way it's a good thing :)

I heard in the past that the supplemental was sent via mail. Does anyone know if it’s going to be that way this year?
Yes, just got an email from them today requesting the supplemental application and $100 fee.

To those who received supplemental application, are you done with taking your DAT or have not yet taken it?

In the supplemental application where it asks to list the courses we plan on taking before enrollment... do we just list every class we have ever taken when they already have our official transcripts and classes on AADSAS?

In the supplemental application where it asks to list the courses we plan on taking before enrollment... do we just list every class we have ever taken when they already have our official transcripts and classes on AADSAS?
I totally interpreted that as our current summer classes, our fall 2020 and our spring 2021..if we graduate spring 2021.

I scanned thru the supplemental application to look at all the essay prompts and then realized that the site would not let me page back. I emailed UAB and they sent me another link to start over, but the link took me straight to the last page of the application and again, I could not page back.

Is anyone else having this problem?

I scanned thru the supplemental application to look at all the essay prompts and then realized that the site would not let me page back. I emailed UAB and they sent me another link to start over, but the link took me straight to the last page of the application and again, I could not page back.

Is anyone else having this problem?
They sent out a different email today with a new link that lets you go back. I used that one to fill it out today

I needed to submit my first incomplete application before the new link would work. All good now.

Since UAB sent their supplemental on the 14th, we should be hearing back about interviews relatively soon, right? Just comparing to last year's thread, but I know things will be delayed this year due to COVID

Since UAB sent their supplemental on the 14th, we should be hearing back about interviews relatively soon, right? Just comparing to last year's thread, but I know things will be delayed this year due to COVID
I hope! The waiting game is tough

I still haven't received my secondaries bc I just recently emailed UAB a copy of my unofficial DAT scores. Can you guys explain how their secondaries work? like what they ask on them?

Thank you in advance :)

I still haven't received my secondaries bc I just recently emailed UAB a copy of my unofficial DAT scores. Can you guys explain how their secondaries work? like what they ask on them?

I have a feeling you and I are in a similar situation. I sent UAB my unofficial scores on July 27. Wandering if you've heard from them yet? Im IS, so I know I will get one but I'm not sure how long it takes.

I have a feeling you and I are in a similar situation. I sent UAB my unofficial scores on July 27. Wandering if you've heard from them yet? Im IS, so I know I will get one but I'm not sure how long it takes.

I still have not received my secondaries from them. I'm starting to feel a little nervous. I sent my unofficial scores on July 20th and my scores were verified the first week of August. Do you think it's a good idea to email them and ask?

The UAB secondaries were pretty straightforward. They ask a few essay questions like: Why do you want to attend UAB? Describe your healthcare exposure. What hobbies do you devote time to?
I'd be patient with UAB. They were one of the last schools to send me a secondary app once my application was complete.

I just received an email from UAB stating that my secondary and initial application are under review!

The UAB secondaries were pretty straightforward. They ask a few essay questions like: Why do you want to attend UAB? Describe your healthcare exposure. What hobbies do you devote time to?
I'd be patient with UAB. They were one of the last schools to send me a secondary app once my application was complete.

Thank you very much! when did you submit your app and when did you receive your secondaries?

I just received an email from UAB stating that my secondary and initial application are under review!
How long after you submitted your secondary app did you get that email? On AADSAS it says that my application is under review, but I haven't received an email.

How long after you submitted your secondary app did you get that email? On AADSAS it says that my application is under review, but I haven't received an email.
I received my secondary on July 14th and submitted it the same day.

Thank you very much! when did you submit your app and when did you receive your secondaries?

I received my secondary on July 14th like toothache200, but I submitted a little over a week before that. It seems like they might send out secondaries in batches. I am also an out of state applicant if that makes a difference.

I received my secondary on July 14th like toothache200, but I submitted a little over a week before that. It seems like they might send out secondaries in batches. I am also an out of state applicant if that makes a difference.

Got it! Thank for letting me know. I'm out of state as well. Hopefully i get to hear back from the soon :(

If anyone is wondering, my app just got reviewed by UAB and I was sent the supplemental (like 2 hours apart from each other). My application was verified by the ADEA on 7/26. They’re probably sending out the next batch now.

I’m OOS

Last edited: