University of Alabama (UAB) Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

If anyone is wondering, my app just got reviewed by UAB and I was sent the supplemental (like 2 hours apart from each other). My application was verified by the ADEA on 7/26. They’re probably sending out the next batch now.

I’m OOS

I just got mine today as well. Super excited!!! Good luck to you

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I submitted my supplemental in July, and the status changed to "application complete." It has now changed back to "under review." Anyone else?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Did it take a while for the application to update to "application complete" after submitting your supplemental? I submitted mine over a week ago and it still says "waiting additional information". Thanks!
I don’t think I think it was within a few days actually

Honestly, based on what I have seen and read is that the random fluctuations on AADSAS do not matter as much until they start emailing/calling for interviews and they show that change in AADSAS.

Reactions: 1 users
Also received an interview. I’m OOS as well. Email says that they will be sending more information once the dates are set and they will likely take place on Tuesdays and Friday. My status also changed on AADSAS to “invited for interview”

Members don't see this ad :)
For OOS applicants who received interview invites may I ask what your GPA & DAT scores are like?

Received an interview invite today :) for reference, I submitted my supplemental application a couple of days after receiving it in mid-July

What do they ask you in supplemental app?

Any connections to Alabama/UAB?
What else do you want admissions to know about you?
What activities/hobbies do you devote your time to?
How would you describe your healthcare exposure?
Why UAB?

Did everyone get the meet and greet or just the people invited to interview?

For those who have already interviewed, was the experience high or low stress for you? Also did the interviews remain between 15-20 minutes? Thank you!

Has anyone recently received an interview? they got my secondaries around 2 weeks ago and my status is still "Received/Application Complete" :(

For those who have already interviewed, was the experience high or low stress for you? Also did the interviews remain between 15-20 minutes? Thank you!
Low stress - they just want to chat with you. I had two back-to-back, one-on-one 20 minutes interviews via Zoom.

Those who interviewed already - did your AADSAS status change from "Invited to Interview" to something else?

Last edited by a moderator:
My status went back to “Received/Under Review” after interviewing, anyone else?

Would anyone mind sharing their experience for the "meet and greet" session? Was it casual? Thanks in advance.

Would anyone mind sharing their experience for the "meet and greet" session? Was it casual? Thanks in advance.
Very casual - you watch a presentation and tour of the SOD and then breakout into small groups with a current dental student for Q&A

Just got an interview notification over email. They mentioned they will be contacting to schedule a date later! I am OOS for reference.

For people who have interviewed, how long did it take for UAB to reach back out after submitting your supplemental?

looks like UAB doesn’t send out much interview invites or even updates. Literally the only school I haven’t heard from after the supplemental.

Same honestly
I heard the new dean is messing all kinds of things up over there. By the looks of it they are mainly pushing the favorable OOS students and it’s already November. So I’m not too sure what to think at this point.

I heard the new dean is messing all kinds of things up over there. By the looks of it they are mainly pushing the favorable OOS students and it’s already November. So I’m not too sure what to think at this point.
Wym, like they’re favoring oos students? Huh. How else is the new dean messing things up?

For people who have interviewed, how long did it take for UAB to reach back out after submitting your supplemental?
Hey, I submitted my supplemental application on July 23rd; they sent an email letting me know it was being reviewed on August 11th. Then on September 23rd, they offered me to interview via email. My interview itself was on October 23rd. I hope this helps!

Messing what up?

Wym, like they’re favoring oos students? Huh. How else is the new dean messing things up?
Just confused because I’m mostly seeing OOS applicants posting interviews, but yet again I guess not everyone posts. I heard from a few students who got in last cycle that he has changed a lot in terms of the type of applicants they want to accept at that school.