-

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cryovials

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Do well in your DIY post bacc so you can increase your sGPA. You do not need to retake the MCAT. I suggest these MD schools with your stats:
Kaiser
California University
Loma Linda (if you fit their mission)
UC Davis
UC Irvine
UC Riverside (if you are from that region)
UCSD
UCLA
Arizona (Tucson and Phoenix)
TCU-UNT
NOVA MD
Miami
Creighton
Loyola
Rush
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
George Washington
Georgetown
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Seton Hall
Einstein
New York Medical College
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Also apply to DO schools and I suggest these:
WESTERN
TUCOM-CA
TUNCOM
AZCOM
UIWSOM
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
DMU-COM
MU-COM
LECOM (all schools)
ACOM

Do well in your DIY post bacc so you can increase your sGPA. You do not need to retake the MCAT. I suggest these MD schools with your stats:
Kaiser
California University
Loma Linda (if you fit their mission)
UC Davis
UC Irvine
UC Riverside (if you are from that region)
UCSD
UCLA
Arizona (Tucson and Phoenix)
TCU-UNT
NOVA MD
Miami
Creighton
Loyola
Rush
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
George Washington
Georgetown
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Seton Hall
Einstein
New York Medical College
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Also apply to DO schools and I suggest these:
WESTERN
TUCOM-CA
TUNCOM
AZCOM
UIWSOM
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
DMU-COM
MU-COM
LECOM (all schools)
ACOM

Thanks so much! I honestly was only going to apply to handful of MD schools as my stats are very below what a lot of them average. Are the UCs you suggested not extreme reach schools for me? I don’t have a lot of extra money so I want to get a very realistic school list, which I know is hard since my gpa is so low and my MCAT is barely at the average for a lot of these schools.

Thanks so much! I honestly was only going to apply to handful of MD schools as my stats are very below what a lot of them average. Are the UCs you suggested not extreme reach schools for me? I don’t have a lot of extra money so I want to get a very realistic school list, which I know is hard since my gpa is so low and my MCAT is barely at the average for a lot of these schools.
The school list I gave you is realistic since your URM Mexican American. Most of those schools are in areas with large Hispanic populations (Einstein is in the Bronx which is 60% Hispanic) and they are looking for URM Hispanic applicants who can speak Spanish.