-

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1106629

-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey! I think for those who applied and interviewed in the first round, the offers are supposed to come out August 2nd.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I had attended one of their webinars, and took a screenshot of their timeline. Here are dates and deadlines for all rounds in case anyone else wants that info :) Hope this helps :)
Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 7.40.08 PM.png

Reactions: 1 users
Hi! I had attended one of their webinars, and took a screenshot of their timeline. Here are dates and deadlines for all rounds in case anyone else wants that info :) Hope this helps :) View attachment 341201
Hey thanks for the info! :) Do you happen to know what the number beside "Interview" stands for? (288) and (64)?

I'm pretty sure that's the number of interview participants for that day(s). Heard that spots are likely to fill up after Round 2 this year.

I'm pretty sure that's the number of interview participants for that day(s). Heard that spots are likely to fill up after Round 2 this year.
Hey. Just so I have a better understanding, its likely that enough people would have accepted their offer after Round 2 offers go out?

Thanks.

Yeah, some people do drop out after paying the deposit and everything for their own reasons, so those waitlisted do have a chance, but it's not something I would count on, you know. I also heard there's more applicants this year and things are a bit more competitive, esp for the other unis (Syd/Melb), but idk how that translated to UQ.

ahhhhhhhhh so nervous about the result

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If you don’t mind me asking, did you accept the offer and decide on attending UQ? Just wondering. Congrats!
Hey! I accepted the offer but I did apply to other schools so I’ll make my final decision by the end of the summer. UQ is an amazing school so I’ll probably stick with it.

Hey! I accepted the offer but I did apply to other schools so I’ll make my final decision by the end of the summer. UQ is an amazing school so I’ll probably stick with it.
That's amazing! I accepted my offer too, but I just wanted to know why you think so highly of UQ and if there's any other particular school you are leaning more towards. Would love to chat

Any idea if all applicants will be contacted today from the first round (regardless of acceptance or not)?

Shoot i got waotlisted.. I got 516mcat 3.7 gpa.. probably screwed the mmi..

Guys what should I do ohhhhh crying on the floor.. so eager to go to UQ

Hi all - if you applied via Oztrekk I recommend setting up your UQ account and logging in directly! I received an offer in the portal but no email (I’ve been refreshing and it didn’t show up). 506.. theres hope!

Hearts racing

Last edited:
I wonder if any people received a rejection letter or the worst outcome they give is a waitlist? :cryi:

That's amazing! I accepted my offer too, but I just wanted to know why you think so highly of UQ and if there's any other particular school you are leaning more towards. Would love to chat
No worries! I’d love to chat about it too, I feel as though there are so many options and it’s good to really talk through the pros and cons. Feel free to send me a message!

Congrats to the acceptances! And for those waitlisted, I heard that the waitlist does move quite quickly so do not be too worried! I have plenty friends who got accepted after they were waitlisted for UQ :)

Also, does anyone have tips for the interview? First MMI so I'm super scared... I have no idea what to expect!

Has anyone who accepted their offer to UQ received the invoice yet?
Don't worries about not getting the invoice. It took them a while to send it together with the COE. If there is any issues with the payment ( such as insufficient payment amount) , they would actually message you and let you know, so no stress.

Don't worries about not getting the invoice. It took them a while to send it together with the COE. If there is any issues with the payment ( such as insufficient payment amount) , they would actually message you and let you know, so no stress.
Hi. I accepted my offer on Sunday night, and was told that the invoice would be sent to us within 2 business days. After we pay the invoice amount, our seat is reserved and after that, they send the COE. So I was just hoping that I didn't screw up the process for accepting the offer and wanted to make sure they received my response.

Wait, even when we accept our offer, my seat isnt secured until after theyve sent the invoice and I've paid it?
Correct. I just received an invoice last night and have only until August 10 to make the deposit. I think the seat is forfeited if I don’t make the deposit by the due date.

Correct. I just received an invoice last night and have only until August 10 to make the deposit. I think the seat is forfeited if I don’t make the deposit by the due date.
Yeah, pretty crazy that they have only allowed like 3-4 business days. Should have been like 10 days total, given the weekend is literally here.

Yeah, pretty crazy that they have only allowed like 3-4 business days. Should have been like 10 days total, given the weekend is literally here.
No doubt. Does not help that the deposit is such a substantial amount of cash. Hopefully can put some things together over the next few days.

Seems this is the only thread so far about UQ international cohort this year? Looking for buddies who got waitlisted to share some update and thoughts:cryi:

Seems this is the only thread so far about UQ international cohort this year? Looking for buddies who got waitlisted to share some update and thoughts:cryi:
There is a 2022 cohort thread that UQ peeps also post at, a lot of info available there. Sorry to hear that your friend got wait-list. The UQ program do fill up fast and base on the UQ Facebook group members number, the class is almost fill but not full yet so I think your friend still have a chance to be accepted still

Anyone know whether payment processing delays can result in a seat being forfeited? I sent my payment today, august 6th, from canada but was told processing may take several business days which throws me in the loop since the weekend is coming up. I sent UQ confirmation of the wire transfer being sent today but am unsure if processing of the payment will be completed by the 10th, which is the due date.

There is a 2022 cohort thread that UQ peeps also post at, a lot of info available there. Sorry to hear that your friend got wait-list. The UQ program do fill up fast and base on the UQ Facebook group members number, the class is almost fill but not full yet so I think your friend still have a chance to be accepted still
is the 2022 one you mentioned for Ochsner students?
Yeah I went to check that fb group seems pretty full. (not my friend but myself got wl by the way😖

Ya , it's for the ochsner peeps. The info in there are quite relevant.
The fb is at 68 members , and I believe UQ said they want to cap the class at 88 students , so it seems like maybe 1 or 2 more rounds of interviews and they will be full ( probably the same with other UQ MD program too based on the timeline). I'm sure since you already interview and wait-list , you have a high chance to be move to acceptance soon. Wish you luck

I just realized we may looked at different groups. You're talking about the Ochsner one I think. Anyway thank you for the info and thank you for you good words:D

Ya , it's for the ochsner peeps. The info in there are quite relevant.
The fb is at 68 members , and I believe UQ said they want to cap the class at 88 students , so it seems like maybe 1 or 2 more rounds of interviews and they will be full ( probably the same with other UQ MD program too based on the timeline). I'm sure since you already interview and wait-list , you have a high chance to be move to acceptance soon. Wish you luck
I was waitlisted after receiving a conditional offer following their first round interview .... do you know if I will be given priority to be taken off the waitlist before the other successful interviewees that are in the 2nd/3rd round interviews? My conditions were to certify my diploma which I did and upload it - but by the time I did that (it was within the 21 days), I was told there were no spaces left :(

I wonder if I won't hear back until after the 4th round of interviews ? Or I wonder if I'll hear back after this second round when offers are released on 6th September?

Last edited:
Sorry , unfortunately I have no information on the wait-list timeframe but I'm sure you will move off the list soon enough

I was waitlisted after receiving a conditional offer following their first round interview .... do you know if I will be given priority to be taken off the waitlist before the other successful interviewees that are in the 2nd/3rd round interviews? My conditions were to certify my diploma which I did and upload it - but by the time I did that (it was within the 21 days), I was told there were no spaces left :(

I wonder if I won't hear back until after the 4th round of interviews ? Or I wonder if I'll hear back after this second round when offers are released on 6th September?
what? all 90 spots are taken? any candidate in the next future rounds will be waitlisted no matter how great they are then?

what? all 90 spots are taken? any candidate in the next future rounds will be waitlisted no matter how great they are then?
Tbh , I was not surprised about how early this program filled up. Even on one of the latest seminar UQO hosted, one of the program coordinator was saying if anyone planning to submit stuff toward late September-ish , she recommended them to wait and just reapply for the upnext coming year cause the spots are most likely filled up.

wait what... if they are already full why make so many go through the MMI now and get our hopes up lol.... I don't get it.... I wish they would openly tell the applicants how many seats and spots are left so we can have realistic expectations for ourselves :/ 😅

Yeah I reached out and asked about how the waitlist works and was told applicants are waitlisted strictly in order of receipt of acceptance. So anyone in round 2 that is successful will immediately get waitlisted (At least that's what I've been told). And anyone from round 1 interviews will be given a spot prior to anyone else in following rounds.

Did anyone get waitlisted for round 2? Also, for anyone that got waitlisted for round 1, did you hear back yet?

Oztrekk said "The 2nd round of UQ offers are now out and it looks like all students are waitlisted"

Hi all - did anyone from UQ round 1 waitlist receive an offer? I checked with Oztrekk and they basically said round 2 waitlists shouldn’t get their hopes up.. real bummer for UQ round 2 waitlisted people. It seems like in the past the waitlist had a lot of moment but this year with USyd only accepting onshore applicants and UQ being full after round 1 due to high number of applicants, UMel and Monash offers won’t cause too much moment in the UQ waitlist. Fingers crossed some of us hear good news

Hi all - did anyone from UQ round 1 waitlist receive an offer? I checked with Oztrekk and they basically said round 2 waitlists shouldn’t get their hopes up.. real bummer for UQ round 2 waitlisted people. It seems like in the past the waitlist had a lot of moment but this year with USyd only accepting onshore applicants and UQ being full after round 1 due to high number of applicants, UMel and Monash offers won’t cause too much moment in the UQ waitlist. Fingers crossed some of us hear good news
I was waitlisted from UQ round 1 because I didn't submit my documents fast enough. I think it took me about 8-9 days after getting my offer to submit my documents and by that point I was told all the spots were full.
I still haven't heard anything from UQ yet but I'm hoping soon? I was hoping it was going to be last week or this week becasue USyd and UMel offers coming out but now I don't know.

I was waitlisted from UQ round 1 because I didn't submit my documents fast enough. I think it took me about 8-9 days after getting my offer to submit my documents and by that point I was told all the spots were full.
I still haven't heard anything from UQ yet but I'm hoping soon? I was hoping it was going to be last week or this week becasue USyd and UMel offers coming out but now I don't know.
I’m sorry to hear that, must have been frustrating. I hear you though, it’s tough not knowing when you’ll receive a definitive answer. Did UMel start sending out offers? If you don’t mind me asking, when were you placed on the wait list for UQ?

I’m sorry to hear that, must have been frustrating. I hear you though, it’s tough not knowing when you’ll receive a definitive answer. Did UMel start sending out offers? If you don’t mind me asking, when were you placed on the wait list for UQ?
I don't think UMel has started sending out offers yet. I haven't seen/heard any chatter so I assume not. Usually when a University releases offers there's quite a lot of online discussion. I was told they would send out offers the first week of October which is this week, so I'm not sure.
I was placed on the waitlist on August 19th.

Anyone know anything about whether UQ or Australia in general will open their borders to international students in time for first semester (Jan 2022)?
There will be a townhall for UQ international students this Wednesday so they will tell us more about that I presume. But things look hopeful at the moment since Australia is intending to open their borders in November to at least their citizens and PRs.