-

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey, did you hear back from the MSST or panel doc? I emailed them and tried calling but no luck.. my visa is still not approved. The blood tests are the rate limiting step.
Hey I emailed the MSST this morning, so I hope I hear back from them by our time tonight/early morning. Planning on emailing the panel doc again tomorrow (wanted to give them Monday and Tuesday to see if they would have submitted it by then).. My visa is still not approved either. I read someone today asking in the OZtrekk FB group how their panel was cleared Dec 8th, and they are still waiting on their visa, while the one commenting his post saying their panel result didnt even show up or something on their immi app and their visa was approved quickly...I asked Amanda from Oztrekk if she knows if any of the late offer students have been given a visa, and she said whoever has updated her has not yet recieved it (from the late offer group). It is so variable, but Im nonetheless worried. I genuinely hope UQ team can accomodate our situation :/

Members don't see this ad.

Hey I emailed the MSST this morning, so I hope I hear back from them by our time tonight/early morning. Planning on emailing the panel doc again tomorrow (wanted to give them Monday and Tuesday to see if they would have submitted it by then).. My visa is still not approved either. I read someone today asking in the OZtrekk FB group how their panel was cleared Dec 8th, and they are still waiting on their visa, while the one commenting his post saying their panel result didnt even show up or something on their immi app and their visa was approved quickly...I asked Amanda from Oztrekk if she knows if any of the late offer students have been given a visa, and she said whoever has updated her has not yet recieved it (from the late offer group). It is so variable, but Im nonetheless worried. I genuinely hope UQ team can accomodate our situation :/
I hear you.. same situation here. I’ve reached out to the panel doc (same one in Toronto I think) and they just say public health is swamped. They did say some results trickled in, so let’s hope.

I know, I’m worried too. Really hope this isn’t a big problem. We had under 20 days to do all this with the holidays in between, so hopefully they can accommodate

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone recieved correspondence from UQ regarding enrolling in classes for year 1, criminal record checks, first aid certificates etc.

Has anyone recieved correspondence from UQ regarding enrolling in classes for year 1, criminal record checks, first aid certificates etc.
Nope I havent received an email from them to put in my docs (criminal checks, first aids, imm record etc)

Hey everyone. To all those who are still waiting for the student visa's, I got a hold of the MSST and am waiting to hear back - they connected me with the med enquiries team.

I also emailed OzTrekk and they said the chance of the visa coming this week is very slim and recommended I change my flight originally planned for the 7th. They also said that UQ probably has a lot of incoming students in this position so they imagine the university will be accommodating.

• Care
Hey everyone. To all those who are still waiting for the student visa's, I got a hold of the MSST and am waiting to hear back - they connected me with the med enquiries team.

I also emailed OzTrekk and they said the chance of the visa coming this week is very slim and recommended I change my flight originally planned for the 7th. They also said that UQ probably has a lot of incoming students in this position so they imagine the university will be accommodating.
thank you for updating :)! I received the email from MSST too, asking me to email the med enquiries about my situation...So lets see what the Faculty responds with

Hey! I dont know how to tag on sdn, so just replying to you via ur latest quote 😅. I got the email reply back from the Toronto Panel just now that my results have been submitted. You should check too!

Hey! I dont know how to tag on sdn, so just replying to you via ur latest quote 😅. I got the email reply back from the Toronto Panel just now that my results have been submitted. You should check too!
Oh really? That’s great! Did you have your appointment on the 21st at the Toronto location? I wonder how long it will take for immigration to approve the visa now..

Oh really? That’s great! Did you have your appointment on the 21st at the Toronto location? I wonder how long it will take for immigration to approve the visa now..
I had my appointment on 21st at Toronto one yeah

So in my experience, over the past year UQ has set deadlines for us (the class entering year 2 now) to arrive in Australia, and has held firmly to those deadlines saying they cannot be moved until it becomes clear they will be impossible to meet. At which point they pushed the deadline a few months.

On the other hand, there were a handful of students in the year above me who chose to return home when the pandemic hit (from what I've heard, relying on advice from UQ at the time that returning home was okay) and were unable to reenter Australia. Those students were required to defer a year.

So I think it really depends on how many students are in the given situation. In the first situation, requiring nearly my entire class to defer would have caused huge issues running the program, affecting not only the current class but also future classes. The second situation was far fewer students and didn't cause much of a disruption (except to those students affected). If OzTREKK thinks enough students are affected, they're probably right--they've been working with UQ admin for years. But I really do hope things work out for you without requiring an extension, it is definitely a bit tight but there is still time!

Reactions: 1 users
So in my experience, over the past year UQ has set deadlines for us (the class entering year 2 now) to arrive in Australia, and has held firmly to those deadlines saying they cannot be moved until it becomes clear they will be impossible to meet. At which point they pushed the deadline a few months.

On the other hand, there were a handful of students in the year above me who chose to return home when the pandemic hit (from what I've heard, relying on advice from UQ at the time that returning home was okay) and were unable to reenter Australia. Those students were required to defer a year.

So I think it really depends on how many students are in the given situation. In the first situation, requiring nearly my entire class to defer would have caused huge issues running the program, affecting not only the current class but also future classes. The second situation was far fewer students and didn't cause much of a disruption (except to those students affected). If OzTREKK thinks enough students are affected, they're probably right--they've been working with UQ admin for years. But I really do hope things work out for you without requiring an extension, it is definitely a bit tight but there is still time!
Thanks for your input here Wolvvs, appreciate it. Yeah, my main concern is how UQ will respond. Obviously, I don't want to be in a position where I need to defer a year (fingers crossed that doesn't happen!). From what the MSST told me, it sounds like they are willing to accommodate. Also encouraging OzTrekk thinks the same, but who knows at this point.

I got in touch with my panel doc and they said the results might come in tomorrow for me, but the concern would be whether the visa would be issued by Friday, which is the day of my flight. I've heard anything from it being right after the doc's submit the results to 48 hours or even a week.

heahs up! i just received my Visa. It got granted today (emailed in a pdf document). I think the wait is just for the medical panel results to push in otherwise the visa people have probably done their share of review

Thanks for your input here Wolvvs, appreciate it. Yeah, my main concern is how UQ will respond. Obviously, I don't want to be in a position where I need to defer a year (fingers crossed that doesn't happen!). From what the MSST told me, it sounds like they are willing to accommodate. Also encouraging OzTrekk thinks the same, but who knows at this point.

I got in touch with my panel doc and they said the results might come in tomorrow for me, but the concern would be whether the visa would be issued by Friday, which is the day of my flight. I've heard anything from it being right after the doc's submit the results to 48 hours or even a week.
It can be the same day doc202! :)!! Fingers crossed for you!! <3 :)

It can be the same day doc202! :)!! Fingers crossed for you!! <3 :)
My results did end up coming yesterday and were submitted, but still no visa unfortunately. I am going to wait until around noon EST before chaining my flight tonight. Not sure if that even makes sense cause it will be 3am AEST at that time..

• Care
My results did end up coming yesterday and were submitted, but still no visa unfortunately. I am going to wait until around noon EST before chaining my flight tonight. Not sure if that even makes sense cause it will be 3am AEST at that time..
Hey I hope u got your visa <3...

Hey I hope u got your visa <3...
I got it but it came on the 11th unfortunately. Had to change my flight to the 14th and just got to Australia. Heading to Brisbane today. I let the med enquires team and MSST know so they are in the loop

• Care
I got it but it came on the 11th unfortunately. Had to change my flight to the 14th and just got to Australia. Heading to Brisbane today. I let the med enquires team and MSST know so they are in the loop
Yay! Come on quick my friend!! FYI, when u reach Brisbane (if u are coming here), go to the exit near the Baggage area, Talk to a police officer (let em know u are an international student), they will ask u to pick ur baggage, and if u completed your Queensland Arrival Declaration (QR code to scan), and come meet them at a sitting area lounge where everyone who has to get on the "quarantine bus" will sit and wait. Then we all head to the bus, and from there the the hotel. You will get tested three times during the stay (day 1, 5 and 12)... The authorities all very kind and nice <3, and genuinely even they say that things could change so nothing regarding stay or quarantine restrictions is static and could change anytime :). I guess we are all figuring it out one day at a time :)

Thanks for the info! I got to Brisbane yesterday and am at the Novotel Brisbane Airport. Yeah the cops were super nice and said they think we’ll reach 90% soon at which point they think and hope people can leave quarantine after a negative test.

• Care