-

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi, does anyone have any update/past experience on what will happen to those waitlisted for UQ.... Haven't heard anything from them...Like should we assume the 2022 commencement application cycle officially over? Or do we wait? .. Any idea how many people if/when are given offers after being waitlisted? Thank you :)

I think you could expect some waitlist movements because quite a few UQs switched to Melb.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Looks like 2 off the waitlist as of today. 1 from yesterday 1 from today

Oztrekk mentioned this on their facebook page yesterday
Really hoping more movement happens!
Thanks for posting this - really appreciate it. I'm not part of their FB page so thank you!!
I had kind of given up hope at this point but I suppose it's good to know there is some movement.

Hi all - last night I received an offer from UQ! Obviously I was very excited, but now also quite stressed since orientation starts Jan. 24th and I have nothing figured out. Is anyone else on the same boat? I am not even sure what the current travel situation is for UQ first years. I have tried reading online but things seem to be changing rapidly. I am reaching out to Oztrekk to chat but wanted to see if anything here can offer any much needed advice.

Hi all - last night I received an offer from UQ! Obviously I was very excited, but now also quite stressed since orientation starts Jan. 24th and I have nothing figured out. Is anyone else on the same boat? I am not even sure what the current travel situation is for UQ first years. I have tried reading online but things seem to be changing rapidly. I am reaching out to Oztrekk to chat but wanted to see if anything here can offer any much needed advice.
Hey Same! First of all HUGE CONGRATS!! Im waiting on my invoice too but at the same time Omg that's me too! i have reached out to Oztrekk via email and be like though I still have to wait for 1-2 days to get the invoice confirmation, but still what about all these things (medical, visa, CPR, OSHC, etc etc.)....We will be pressed on time, so will UQ allow for those getting late offers some flexibility? Haven't heard anything yet...

Gonna paste my reply from the other thread but OSHC will be part of your payment to UQ .

Check the page out. Current situation is get your Visa asap, immunization , buy your ticket to Sydney or Melbourne / or you can go straight to Brisbane but will be quarantine for 14 days. International borders is open in Australia. Also you need your CoE for the Visa application, and you may want to check if there are any approved Australian doc near you. Book that appointment and get the health check after finish your Visa application so the Visa can get process ASAP.

Check for health doc here https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/contact-us/offices-and-locations/list
If need more info , check the old uq ochsner thread / 2022 , a lot of info in there since everyone have to get the Visa stuff done

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Hey Same! First of all HUGE CONGRATS!! Im waiting on my invoice too but at the same time Omg that's me too! i have reached out to Oztrekk via email and be like though I still have to wait for 1-2 days to get the invoice confirmation, but still what about all these things (medical, visa, CPR, OSHC, etc etc.)....We will be pressed on time, so will UQ allow for those getting late offers some flexibility? Haven't heard anything yet...
Congrats to you too! Happy I’m not alone here haha. I am still waiting for the invoice, I imagine it will come in overnight (hopefully). I did reach out to UQ Med Support Team and they didn’t really answer my question about what happens if we’re late - they just reiterated that the program starts Jan. 24th and is in person. Let’s hope for the best!

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Gonna paste my reply from the other thread but OSHC will be part of your payment to UQ .

Check the page out. Current situation is get your Visa asap, immunization , buy your ticket to Sydney or Melbourne / or you can go straight to Brisbane but will be quarantine for 14 days. International borders is open in Australia. Also you need your CoE for the Visa application, and you may want to check if there are any approved Australian doc near you. Book that appointment and get the health check after finish your Visa application so the Visa can get process ASAP.

Check for health doc here https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/contact-us/offices-and-locations/list
If need more info , check the old uq ochsner thread / 2022 , a lot of info in there since everyone have to get the Visa stuff done
Thanks for the info, very helpful. We don’t need to wait to start the visa application to book the doctors appointment right? I can do that now?

Congrats to you too! Happy I’m not alone here haha. I am still waiting for the invoice, I imagine it will come in overnight (hopefully). I did reach out to UQ Med Support Team and they didn’t really answer my question about what happens if we’re late - they just reiterated that the program starts Jan. 24th and is in person. Let’s hope for the best!
Thank you for the update! Indeed hoping for the best! But that reply from UQ is such a "bruhhh" moment lol... didn't answer the main question just skirted around :rofl:..Maybe they are still finalizing things and rethinking alternatives...Hopefully it all works out :)

Thanks for the info, very helpful. We don’t need to wait to start the visa application to book the doctors appointment right? I can do that now?
I think for the panel doc appointment, you need to have submitted your visa application first because then you get a referral number that you need in order to book that appointment...Could someone else confirm this though? :)

Someone in the Oztrekk FB group mentioned they would have to defer for 2023 if they cannot get in time as stated by their university...I am not sure which school they are in, but I wonder in general what the other schools have an option for alternatives, and what UQ might do...:unsure:

I think for the panel doc appointment, you need to have submitted your visa application first because then you get a referral number that you need in order to book that appointment...Could someone else confirm this though? :)
correct, you must have CoE >>> apply for Visa >>> it will give u a health ID # >>> schedule health doc >>> Visa approved once health check done. But before hand, you can use that link to see if there are any doc near you because some people actually have to fly out to get to the next closest doctor....BTW the health check also cost a few hundreds $$$$.........so be prepare. Also, you may want to plan out your trip dates once you schedule that health exam, UQ want everyone to be at orientation on Jan 24th......

Someone in the Oztrekk FB group mentioned they would have to defer for 2023 if they cannot get in time as stated by their university...I am not sure which school they are in, but I wonder in general what the other schools have an option for alternatives, and what UQ might do...:unsure:
Bruh.... I still didn't even get my invoice lol its been 2 business days! hopefully, I get it today

Emails are out y'all :)
Yay! Now the waiting game begins for.... the CoE haha. Does anyone know what we can do to prepare in advance?? I booked my health check up but that's it

Yay! Now the waiting game begins for.... the CoE haha. Does anyone know what we can do to prepare in advance?? I booked my health check up but that's it
Maybe also get criminal check, First aid? :)

Oh you booked your health check? I thought we needed the health ID# from the visa to do that? Good to know..

Oh you booked your health check? I thought we needed the health ID# from the visa to do that? Good to know..
I have a feeling they probs meant the check with their doc for the immunizations and stuff..but could be wrong, though as far as I know we need that referral number.

For those who got OSHC through UQ, where did you find your insurance policy number? Am I missing something?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-12-18 at 5.39.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-18 at 5.39.00 PM.png
    41.3 KB · Views: 85
Hey did you guys just attach the CoE for proof of OSHC? I didn't get any OSHC certificate from UQ

It’s on your UQ email. Have you received an email telling you to set up your UQ email?
Yes! I set up my UQ email and everything but I can't seem to find anything just specific to OSHC :/

Hello everyone. For the immunisation and blood-borne virus (BBV) status form, did you guys have the panel doc fill that out? Or your family doc? I am assuming the former has to since they are the ones who do the hep B & C/HIV testing?

I had my panel appointment today and completely missed this.

Hello everyone. For the immunisation and blood-borne virus (BBV) status form, did you guys have the panel doc fill that out? Or your family doc? I am assuming the former has to since they are the ones who do the hep B & C/HIV testing?

I believe that form is for your family physician (medical practitioner as it says) :)

When do we get access to start putting Criminal checks, first aid, etc proof on the UQ Blackboard (all the compliance stuff)? I log in to it, and don't see anything yet... (Like where to upload)

By right any medical practitioner (general practitioner usually) can fill the form. You should request your blood test results from the panel doctor so that the 2nd doctor can sign your form. You may want to ask your panel doctor if they can help with the form as well

Hi guys, I had my panel done in Toronto last Tuesday. It mentions on the panel doc's website that results will be sent within one week of the appointment (and they will only call if there is something abnormal). However on my application it still says the medical is being processed. I sent them an email (hopefully they will reply back), but just wanted to ask, in your experience or someone you know, how long can the panel take to submit the results to visa? Or has everyone recieved their results to visa on time? ty

Hi guys, I had my panel done in Toronto last Tuesday. It mentions on the panel doc's website that results will be sent within one week of the appointment (and they will only call if there is something abnormal). However on my application it still says the medical is being processed. I sent them an email (hopefully they will reply back), but just wanted to ask, in your experience or someone you know, how long can the panel take to submit the results to visa? Or has everyone recieved their results to visa on time? ty
I was just about to ask the same question here. And seems like we went to the same doc on the same day last week! I did email the office, and they let me know that with surging COVID cases public health is swamped and the blood tests are taking longer to process. They also said once they have the results they will act promptly. I actually need a copy of the results too for my family doctor for the immunization form.

I am getting a little nervous with the visa now. Has anyone who received their CoE around Dec. 17th had their visa approved?

• Sad
Hey guys. Sorry if this is a silly question. But what happens if I don’t get my student visa in time for when my flight is? Currently I’m scheduled for Jan. 7th to reach Brisbane by the 9th for the quarantine.

Can I even go to Australia if my visa isn’t approved by then?

Hey guys. Sorry if this is a silly question. But what happens if I don’t get my student visa in time for when my flight is? Currently I’m scheduled for Jan. 7th to reach Brisbane by the 9th for the quarantine.

Can I even go to Australia if my visa isn’t approved by then?
Unfortunately, I don't think you can go/even get on the plane without that Visa . The airline will check. If you already did your health check , I would suggest you calling the health check doctor and ask if they can expedite/submit your health check asap, because once that is submit, Visa usually process and accepted within 24-48h.

Unfortunately, I don't think you can go/even get on the plane without that Visa . The airline will check. If you already did your health check , I would suggest you calling the health check doctor and ask if they can expedite/submit your health check asap, because once that is submit, Visa usually process and accepted within 24-48h.
Thanks for that. It’s what I ultimately thought. I’ve contacted my panel doc multiple times and they just say the blood work is taking a lot of time since public health is swamped. I have no clue what else to do.

Thanks for that. It’s what I ultimately thought. I’ve contacted my panel doc multiple times and they just say the blood work is taking a lot of time since public health is swamped. I have no clue what else to do.
Don't lose hope!!!! You still got a whole week to go. Keep pestering them everyday until they upload it. And if by the 6th it still haven't upload , just delay your flight by a week and I'm sure you will get your Visa by then.

Don't lose hope!!!! You still got a whole week to go. Keep pestering them everyday until they upload it. And if by the 6th it still haven't upload , just delay your flight by a week and I'm sure you will get your Visa by then.
Thank you!! Yes, I guess my contingency plan is to delay the flight at that point and reschedule. It bumps me out of the 14 day quarantine window prior to orientation, but hopefully the vaccination rate reaches 90% before the 24th and that is no longer a worry.

One thing I would caution you to look into if you're cutting it close--If you arrive in Brisbane and begin quarantine there in a government facility, there's a chance you will need to complete the 14 days of quarantine even if the vaccination rate hits 90% while you're in quarantine. Speaking from experience--NSW changed their self isolation rules the day after I arrived. When I arrived, 3 days of self isolation were required, and the day after I arrived, self isolation was required until you got a negative covid test. I still had to self isolate for 3 days.

I don't know exactly what your plans are, and if you've heard otherwise then absolutely defer to what you've heard because I don't have any inside information. Just want everyone to be thoughtful that hitting 90% vaccination rate may not mean that everyone in quarantine will be released.

One thing I would caution you to look into if you're cutting it close--If you arrive in Brisbane and begin quarantine there in a government facility, there's a chance you will need to complete the 14 days of quarantine even if the vaccination rate hits 90% while you're in quarantine. Speaking from experience--NSW changed their self isolation rules the day after I arrived. When I arrived, 3 days of self isolation were required, and the day after I arrived, self isolation was required until you got a negative covid test. I still had to self isolate for 3 days.

I don't know exactly what your plans are, and if you've heard otherwise then absolutely defer to what you've heard because I don't have any inside information. Just want everyone to be thoughtful that hitting 90% vaccination rate may not mean that everyone in quarantine will be released.
Good point. I was I guess naively assuming that the quarantine would end once 90% was hit but I should verify that.

Hey, I think u should also keep the Med Student Support Team in loop just in case ( I am planning on sending them the email this week). It says on the website, that if you have any concerns regarding the visa times and when u may receive it, keep the MSS team in loop and keep em updated. Under "Year 1 in 2022" section.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey, I think u should also keep the Med Student Support Team in loop just in case ( I am planning on sending them the email this week). It says on the website, that if you have any concerns regarding the visa times and when u may receive it, keep the MSS team in loop and keep em updated. Under "Year 1 in 2022" section.

Hey, did you hear back from the MSST or panel doc? I emailed them and tried calling but no luck.. my visa is still not approved. The blood tests are the rate limiting step.