This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pineapple402

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Dude, pick your SO. Don't do 4 more years of LDR. Unless you don't want your relationship to progress, be together. It makes a huge difference. I would do anything to be accepted to the school where my SO lives, just my two cents.

Reactions: 1 users
There is a difference between asking a random college classmate in the northeast if they have heard of UTSW vs a program director from a place like Hopkins or Columbia. The UTSW brand is a national brand that is well recognized and equal to BCM IMO and thus would not be at any disadvantage as far as matching into any specialty anywhere. As someone who trained in IM at UTSW, I agree that UTSW is the stronger of the 2 as far as medicine programs are concerned but wouldn't necessarily rank a medical school solely based on your interested specialty as that most certainly can change. Seems like your significant other being in Dallas in the future is the wild card and an important one at that so really the question for you is if you can do long distance for 4 years.

And also, phlebotomy is done in the hospital in the early hours everywhere so I don't think that is something UTSW is doing on purpose, its just when the phlebotomists are making their rounds so that you can have your BMP/CBC available when you come into round at 6:00 AM on your patients

Reactions: 2 users
Totally agree with @obiwan

Also OP, just a reminder that UTSW and Baylor are both tied for #19 in PD rankings; Aka both equally great schools!

Reactions: 1 user