15 jobs that pay $50 an hour or more.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MountainPharmD

custodiunt illud simplex
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Everyone likes posting there little lists so I thought I would have a go at it. This is for all of you who are uncertain about pharmacy or want out of the profession. Here is a list of jobs that have a comparable salary. I think I am going to try to be a Judge or a Co-pilot. However an embalmer might be cool. I wouldn't have to worry about dumb asses complaining that I am not embalming them fast enough, or asking why the embalming fliud cost so much ect.

http://msn.careerbuilder.com/Article/MSN-2388-Job-Info-and-Trends-15-Jobs-That-Pay-50-An-Hour/?SiteId=cbmsn42388&sc_extcmp=JS_2388_advice&gt1=23000

1. Computer and information scientist. Average hourly earnings: $50.66
2. Pharmacist. Average hourly earnings: $51.27
3. Construction foreman/superintendent. Average hourly earnings: $52.47.
4. Funeral director and embalmer. Average hourly earnings: $52.47
5. Marketing manager. Average hourly earnings: $50.81
6. Financial aid officer. Average hourly earnings: $52.59
7. Securities trader. Average hourly earnings: $50.79
8. Behavioral psychologist. Average hourly earnings: $50.36
9. Adult day care director. Average hourly earnings: $50.64
10. Seismologist. Average hourly earnings: $50.43
11. Judge. Average hourly earnings: $49.99
12. Physicist. Average hourly earnings: $51.76
13. Human resources managers. Average hourly earnings: $50.73
14. General and operations managers. Average hourly earnings: $53.15
15. Co-pilot. Average hourly earnings: $52.45
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Only a loser posts a list.




Everyone likes posting there little lists so I thought I would have a go at it. This is for all of you who are uncertain about pharmacy or want out of the profession. Here is a list of jobs that have a comparable salary. I think I am going to try to be a Judge or a Co-pilot. However an embalmer might be cool. I wouldn't have to worry about dumb asses complaining that I am not embalming them fast enough, or asking why the embalming fliud cost so much ect.

http://msn.careerbuilder.com/Articl...cbmsn42388&sc_extcmp=JS_2388_advice&gt1=23000

1. Computer and information scientist. Average hourly earnings: $50.66
2. Pharmacist. Average hourly earnings: $51.27
3. Construction foreman/superintendent. Average hourly earnings: $52.47.
4. Funeral director and embalmer. Average hourly earnings: $52.47
5. Marketing manager. Average hourly earnings: $50.81
6. Financial aid officer. Average hourly earnings: $52.59
7. Securities trader. Average hourly earnings: $50.79
8. Behavioral psychologist. Average hourly earnings: $50.36
9. Adult day care director. Average hourly earnings: $50.64
10. Seismologist. Average hourly earnings: $50.43
11. Judge. Average hourly earnings: $49.99
12. Physicist. Average hourly earnings: $51.76
13. Human resources managers. Average hourly earnings: $50.73
14. General and operations managers. Average hourly earnings: $53.15
15. Co-pilot. Average hourly earnings: $52.45
 
Never knew financial aid officers made so much...that seems appealing.
 
Never knew financial aid officers made so much...that seems appealing.

Are they the financial aid officers that work in schools? I doubt they make that much! lol...must be a different kind of financial aid officer.

Dental Hygenist make around $50 an hour...and they only have 2 years of school to do and the demand is increasing. Not bad at all...too bad I just hate teeth.
 
Are they the financial aid officers that work in schools? I doubt they make that much! lol...must be a different kind of financial aid officer.

Dental Hygenist make around $50 an hour...and they only have 2 years of school to do and the demand is increasing. Not bad at all...too bad I just hate teeth.

I thought being a hygienist was a bachelor's degree; but an assistant is a 2 year diploma?

I felt like a jerk when I was surprised to find out that hygienists have to take organic, too!
 
However an embalmer might be cool. I wouldn't have to worry about dumb asses complaining that I am not embalming them fast enough, or asking why the embalming fliud cost so much ect.

This is how I'm going to picture you from now on -

into-paul-bearer-following.jpg


Oh yes.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I thought being a hygienist was a bachelor's degree; but an assistant is a 2 year diploma?

I felt like a jerk when I was surprised to find out that hygienists have to take organic, too!

Wow...maybe you are right...I looked up dental hygiene programs at UNC and it is apparently a 4 year degree...to clean teeth? dang!
LOL...

http://www.dentistry.unc.edu/academic/dh/

But they do make a lot of money coming out...