15 Urology Spots in the Nation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

McGillGrad

Building Mind and Body
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Unless I am missing something important, doesn't 15 spots seem very low for the match?

I got the information from the unmatched list.
 
Urology is not really NRMP match specialty. Students apply through AUA as an early match. 13 NRMP spots are used for other purposes and are not representative of the AUA Match. I think they will be shifting to regular NRMP sometime in the future (next year?)
 
Spittz03 said:
Urology is not really NRMP match specialty. Students apply through AUA as an early match. 13 NRMP spots are used for other purposes and are not representative of the AUA Match. I think they will be shifting to regular NRMP sometime in the future (next year?)

Thank you, that certainly makes more sense...lol