16TS/18AA/19PAT worth applying?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wanttobeaDMD

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

So I just finished taking my DAT and sadly my scores are terrible :(. At this point I'm not exactly sure what my next step is and looking to fellow SDNers for help. Should I wait the 90 days and retake it (will be late October)? Should I wait until next year? Or should I just try to apply this cycle anyway? Thank you so much in advance!

PAT 19
QR 17
RC 24
BIO 16
GC 14
OC 18
TS 16
AA 18

Edit:
sGPA- 3.40
Overall gpa- 3.47

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
What is your GPA? If it were me, I would retake it in October and apply this cycle but every person and situation is different. I definitely wouldn't apply with those scores. You can do it...work on those sciences! :thumbup:

Reactions: 1 user
I would retake it! Since you have taken the DAT you now know what to expect. During the next 90 days I would identify my weak points and work hard to become proficient in those areas that need work. I wish the best of luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I would retake before applying. I applied after I knew I was adequately prepared for the exam. It can be costly to go through a cycle and a 16 TS will close most doors for you. A 14 in GC is also too low. If you have enough funds then it may be worth a shot but, personally, I'd save it for a stronger application.

Reactions: 2 users
What is your GPA? If it were me, I would retake it in October and apply this cycle but every person and situation is different. I definitely wouldn't apply with those scores. You can do it...work on those sciences! :thumbup:
oops! Just edited. My sGPA is 3.40 and overall 3.47! Thank you!

Your GPA isn't too bad. But wow that TS is low. At least you know how to handle reading! You definitely need to retake my friend. I'm sorry :(. *If it were me I'd retake and still yolo this cycle. I retook mine and am yoloing this cycle xD

Hi everyone,

So I just finished taking my DAT and sadly my scores are terrible :(. At this point I'm not exactly sure what my next step is and looking to fellow SDNers for help. Should I wait the 90 days and retake it (will be late October)? Should I wait until next year? Or should I just try to apply this cycle anyway? Thank you so much in advance!

PAT 19
QR 17
RC 24
BIO 16
GC 14
OC 18
TS 16
AA 18

Edit:
sGPA- 3.40
Overall gpa- 3.47
Unfortunately I don't know of any school that will accept a below 15 in a science section. I would prepare for a retake in October and there is a chance you might get in this cycle, but you have to bring those science scores up.

Feel free to pm if you would like some more advice.

Take care..Nancy

My advisor always says you want your first application to be your best application, so I'm not sure I'd follow the "yolo" advice on this cycle. If it were me, I would wait until next year when you will have the absolute BEST chance of getting in and will be able to put your best self on display. You will have improved scores and will be able to apply very early on, which is the biggest advantage. Hope this helps! Good luck.