-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
1st Rejection
Started by kilroth
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pud129, steinway, quickread: i'm in the pre-secondary ucsf reject pile too. honestly, i was a little surprised--i figured they'd ask for some money first.
I finally got the actual reject letter from Wake, and it said something like: "while we understand that simple number screening can miss excellent applicants, in your case we went back and personally reviewed your application. We still didn't like what we saw and now you're really rejected..."
Something along those lines. Cr*p, it made me feel like a complete idiot, loser, and other yucky things. Truthfully, it did shake my confidence the way they worded that.
I have to summon up my energy for these last few secondaries (and the $$$) and try and keep my courage up. 😛
Something along those lines. Cr*p, it made me feel like a complete idiot, loser, and other yucky things. Truthfully, it did shake my confidence the way they worded that.
I have to summon up my energy for these last few secondaries (and the $$$) and try and keep my courage up. 😛
Originally posted by Paws
I finally got the actual reject letter from Wake, and it said something like: "while we understand that simple number screening can miss excellent applicants, in your case we went back and personally reviewed your application. We still didn't like what we saw and now you're really rejected..."
Something along those lines. Cr*p, it made me feel like a complete idiot, loser, and other yucky things. Truthfully, it did shake my confidence the way they worded that.
I have to summon up my energy for these last few secondaries (and the $$$) and try and keep my courage up. 😛
This makes me ponder if I want to waste my precious $$$$.
Originally posted by Paws
Something along those lines. Cr*p, it made me feel like a complete idiot, loser, and other yucky things. Truthfully, it did shake my confidence the way they worded that.
I have to summon up my energy for these last few secondaries (and the $$$) and try and keep my courage up. 😛
don't feel bad. it's just a form letter, it means nothing more than you won't be going to wake.
Paws - man, that really sucks. At least they could have made an effort to let you down easy. Who writes these stupid form letters anyway? It's like they have absolutely no consideration for our feelings.
Originally posted by PianoGirl04
Paws - man, that really sucks. At least they could have made an effort to let you down easy. Who writes these stupid form letters anyway? It's like they have absolutely no consideration for our feelings.
Stanford's preseconday rejection was just: there are better people then you tough, sincerely, photocopied signature.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
UCSF was really nice. I expected to get rejected from their since it was one of my reach schools, so when the letter came I didn't feel that bad.
It goes something like "We appreciate you applying...we don't think you are unqualified...spaces are competitive...we hope you will be able to attend somewhere else in 2004."
Not that rejections are ever great but at least this one didn't leave a sour taste in my mouth.
It goes something like "We appreciate you applying...we don't think you are unqualified...spaces are competitive...we hope you will be able to attend somewhere else in 2004."
Not that rejections are ever great but at least this one didn't leave a sour taste in my mouth.
wooo, it finally arrived. it sorta feels good to get the first one out of the system. my grades musta killed me there! ahh well 🙂 i can spend that secondary money on something fun 😉
didnt make it to u of chicago?? probablly because they hadnt filled their minority quota yet....
YES...I got the Boot from University of Vermont!!! Wonderful... j/k, sure i'm annoyed and sad about the rejection but what i think gets me slightly angry is that they couldnt' at least state why I was rejected or state out right what factor it was...this way i can always try to improve on that in the future etc...
Paws, have you still not received Loyola? I wouldn't be all that worried about it. Loyola was tied for last for sending me a secondary. I had my LORs sent today so I will inevitably be joining the club soon...
Keep the faith everyone!
(edit: I'm asking about the secondary not the evil thin envelope! I just reread my post and thought it sounded wrong! just clarifying)
Keep the faith everyone!
(edit: I'm asking about the secondary not the evil thin envelope! I just reread my post and thought it sounded wrong! just clarifying)
Got U of Chicago and UCSF (pre-secondary) today. These seem to be the two most likely schools to reject people from these boards. At least I'm in good company, right? 🙂
Originally posted by ShantanuThakur
Has anyone been rejected post-secondary from Chicago or Northwestern yet?
I just interviewed at Chicago, and they told me that they would only waitlist interviewees who were not accepted. Supposedly, they rejected only one interviewee in the past three years or something.
I think the exact number is 2-3 in the past 8 years. So after the interview, you're either accepted or waitlisted unless you totally bombed the interview 🙂
Originally posted by kwanny
I just interviewed at Chicago, and they told me that they would only waitlist interviewees who were not accepted. Supposedly, they rejected only one interviewee in the past three years or something.
Hi jdg222,
I did get the Loyola secondary and I am trying to juggle some other 'life' things so I haven't finished it yet. I did like, 5 secondaries in a week (with essays) and now with this new job, etc I haven't sat down to write it out. The essays are really time consuming (I think) and find I have to really work them over alot.
It will really be painful when I get rejections after writing them. Ugh ...
And now I'm also having second thoughts about: should I have applied to Chicago ... are they good to non-trads? It's probably too late now, I don't know ...
I did get the Loyola secondary and I am trying to juggle some other 'life' things so I haven't finished it yet. I did like, 5 secondaries in a week (with essays) and now with this new job, etc I haven't sat down to write it out. The essays are really time consuming (I think) and find I have to really work them over alot.
It will really be painful when I get rejections after writing them. Ugh ...
And now I'm also having second thoughts about: should I have applied to Chicago ... are they good to non-trads? It's probably too late now, I don't know ...
Loyola particularly had a lot of essay writing to do. I'm beginning to get a little worried, too, though, because I only applied to nine schools. I'm a solid applicant but my app has its flaws. It seems like everyone on here applies to a lot more.
After reading about people getting 2 rejections in one day, I'm really hoping that half of my schools don't reject me in the first week my files are complete or I'll really start getting nervous!
After reading about people getting 2 rejections in one day, I'm really hoping that half of my schools don't reject me in the first week my files are complete or I'll really start getting nervous!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
UCSF pre secondary, Vandy pre-secondary, and U chicago post secondary. Man it sucks, but these were my reach schools anyways, not worried. Anyone hear from NOrthwestern post secondary? My secondary application info was received Aug. 15th so wondering if anyone has heard back. One thing everyone should remember is that this whole thing REALLY is a crapshoot as everyone is saying. I work in a doc's office with residents and all of them tell me you can be a great applicant and be perfect in every way in theory, but each school is looking for something different, each admiss. officer is looking for something different, and each officer may be in a different mood when reviewing one app over another. So there's really no formula for success. Just chill out and realize you can't control it and you gotta let those crusty old men around the conference table judge your ass on paper. Let it go!
jdg222, I feel your pain. I only applied to 8 schools, have already been rejected by Vandy pre-interview, and am waiting for the inevitable rejection from Mayo. I am beginning to realize I should have listened to the resident who told me to apply to "at least 20." At the time, I thought he was just groggy.
About Mayo, they told me on Aug 19 by e-mail that they would contact me within one month, and I haven't heard anything since. Is anyone else in my shoes?
About Mayo, they told me on Aug 19 by e-mail that they would contact me within one month, and I haven't heard anything since. Is anyone else in my shoes?
Originally posted by evines
jdg222, I feel your pain. I only applied to 8 schools, have already been rejected by Vandy pre-interview, and am waiting for the inevitable rejection from Mayo. I am beginning to realize I should have listened to the resident who told me to apply to "at least 20." At the time, I thought he was just groggy.
About Mayo, they told me on Aug 19 by e-mail that they would contact me within one month, and I haven't heard anything since. Is anyone else in my shoes?
It took longer than a month for Mayo to contact me. Hang in there!
bosco,
oct. 15th is the amcas deadline for a lot of schools; you can still start the application process at a few more, if you want.
it might not be a bad idea. even people with crazy numbers and outside-the-numbers stuff are advised to apply to 10-12.
oct. 15th is the amcas deadline for a lot of schools; you can still start the application process at a few more, if you want.
it might not be a bad idea. even people with crazy numbers and outside-the-numbers stuff are advised to apply to 10-12.
Originally posted by calcrew14
Do I have to post here that my first rejection is from U of Nebraska? I am not even good enough for a secondary application. There is some Weed upnorth that the Cornhuskers would prefer to pick, I guess. 😀
No offense, but if you aren't a state resident you have pretty much a slim to none chance of being accepted, let alone interviewed. However, if you have close ties...that would be weird.
Unless f course you didn't meet their pre-reqs.
F
ForensicPath
First rejection from University of Vermont. It annoys me that a school that wasn't a top choice for me rejected me so early
and schools that are higher on my list have offered me interviews (jefferson and penn state). Who do they think they are?
and schools that are higher on my list have offered me interviews (jefferson and penn state). Who do they think they are?Forensic,
Did you get confirmation from UVM that they received your secondary? I haven't heard anything from them yet and I sent it in Aug 5th. They have wacky phone hours so I haven't been able to reach them either.
Sorry you got rejected, but you've got interviews at other great schools!!
Thanks
Did you get confirmation from UVM that they received your secondary? I haven't heard anything from them yet and I sent it in Aug 5th. They have wacky phone hours so I haven't been able to reach them either.
Sorry you got rejected, but you've got interviews at other great schools!!
Thanks
Got the thin envelope from the Hoyas. Guess I won't grace DC with my prescence anytime soon. Too bad
I'm out-of-state, and I got what seemed to be a particularly insensitive rejection letter from Indiana, "your academic qualifications do not permit us to consider your application any further," or something to that effect. Put the blame on me, yeah, thanks a lot!! 😡
Also rejected pre-secondary by Stanford and Vandy. At least the others schools say they hope you get in somewhere else.
Also rejected pre-secondary by Stanford and Vandy. At least the others schools say they hope you get in somewhere else.
I got today my first rejection from Mayo. I am not upset, just dissapointed. They did not give me any reason why I got rejected, numbers, LORs, ECs, personality. They sent me this really skinny envelope with a generic, and mean letter.
Oh, well, I guess someone has to get rejected from somewhere.
Oh, well, I guess someone has to get rejected from somewhere.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Originally posted by Fritz
I got today my first rejection from Mayo. I am not upset, just dissapointed. They did not give me any reason why I got rejected, numbers, LORs, ECs, personality. They sent me this really skinny envelope with a generic, and mean letter.
Oh, well, I guess someone has to get rejected from somewhere.
Don't feel bad, lots of us have been rejected by Mayo. I was annoyed at first that they didn't even give me a phone interview, but I've interviewed at other top med schools. I just have to chalk it up to Mayo's own bad decision!
T
F
ForensicPath
Originally posted by greenie8
Forensic,
Did you get confirmation from UVM that they received your secondary? I haven't heard anything from them yet and I sent it in Aug 5th. They have wacky phone hours so I haven't been able to reach them either.
Sorry you got rejected, but you've got interviews at other great schools!!
Thanks
No, I never got a confirmation from them. I sent my secondary in sometime in August, and received the rejection this week.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 943