1st Rejection

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Bump.

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by docquaker
uc davis...by email...
That's not nice of them...Why can't they spend money on purchasing paper and envelope and stamps to mail you a REAL letter?

Members don't see this ad :)
University of Chicago on Oct. 15. It was one of my top choices. +pissed+

Originally posted by ShantanuThakur
University of Chicago on Oct. 15. It was one of my top choices. +pissed+

Me too heh. I catered all my essays to reflect their philoshophy too - lifelong learning skills, thinking ability etc. What are they looking for?

Originally posted by aqs200
Me too heh. I catered all my essays to reflect their philoshophy too - lifelong learning skills, thinking ability etc. What are they looking for?
I had a very interesting interview with my interviewer (He grilled me on weird questions like "How do you define maturity?", "When was the last time you cry?" and "What would you do when you're driving alone on a freeway with the radio not working?")

Anyway, he gave me a ride to my friend's place after the interview, and told me that U of Chicago is really looking for people who want to do more than just clinical care, things like designing a health education program, involve in health policy, leading research, etc.

I have met some U.C. rejects at other schools that seem like good applicants too. Maybe it's just that U.C. looks for really specific stuff that I mentioned above

Originally posted by calebho501
I had a very interesting interview with my interviewer (He grilled me on weird questions like "How do you define maturity?", "When was the last time you cry?" and "What would you do when you're driving alone on a freeway with the radio not working?")

Anyway, he gave me a ride to my friend's place after the interview, and told me that U of Chicago is really looking for people who want to do more than just clinical care, things like designing a health education program, involve in health policy, leading research, etc.

I have met some U.C. rejects at other schools that seem like good applicants too. Maybe it's just that U.C. looks for really specific stuff that I mentioned above

I guess so. Weird... Oh wells, can't win them all!

Congrats on your acceptances Caleb.

My first rejection was from UHawaii - I wasn't a resident.

Then came UVM - I wasn't a resident there either.

Then came UChicago. That hurt. I went there for undergrad. Give a guy a break that already gave 200,000 dollars to your stinking institution!

1. Mayo
2. Pitt
3. UCSF
4. Stanford
5. Georgetown
6. U of Chicago

But at least none from a UC yet.

Originally posted by jlee9531
1. Mayo
2. Pitt
3. UCSF
4. Stanford
5. Georgetown
6. U of Chicago

But at least none from a UC yet.

Sorry man, but I think UCSF is a UC. :p

It's totally not a laughing matter--this thread. But, : )

AAK

My first rejection came today from Gtown. Sad since I just barely sent in my secondary, to think of the party I sacrificed to stay home and BS about how Gtown would be a great place for me. Jerks! I hope they enjoy themselves with my $100.

Oddly enough, I don't feel too sad.

Originally posted by chapinsita
My first rejection came today from Gtown. Sad since I just barely sent in my secondary, to think of the party I sacrificed to stay home and BS about how Gtown would be a great place for me. Jerks! I hope they enjoy themselves with my $100.

Oddly enough, I don't feel too sad.

Chapsinsita, let me tell you what you missed out....NOTHING. The pathetic G-town also rejected me post-secondary :mad: I heard that there's a lot of politics going on with the administrations with that school, so I dunno....but I met this guy from G-town undergrad at an interview and he's thinking about NOT applying to the med school...that's how you can tell you're not missing out anything

Members don't see this ad :)
Got my first rejection in the mail today... from Boston University. What the hell?? this ain't makin any sense... my stats alone are much higher than their average too... Grrrr... Anyone else hear back from BU?? :mad:

No love from UCSF! I can't live near my girlfriend. :(

Originally posted by LCspark18
East Tennessee & Wayne State

Yup I will be joining the East Tenn rejection band wagon with you, and also adding Northeastern Ohio. I never heard of this school and had no idea where Roootsville was, but applied there because my parents are in Ohio. Not upset though due to my acceptance to VCOM in Blacksburg.

Rejection is rough no matter what we say here, so Everyone keep smiling:)

Originally posted by calebho501
Hehe....the key is to apply to more schools if you have the $$$$. I applied to 24 schools and my 1st rejection was from NYU. They said they wouldn't review my application b/c I'm neither a U.S. citizen nor a green card holder. Luckily they agreed to give me a refund for the application fee.
:)

Hi International applicant,
I am also an international applicant and I am currently applying. I applied to 17 schools and am in the process of sending in secondaries. Do you know of any schools in particular that recruits quite a bit of intl students that I can add to my list?? Please let me know because it is hard for students like us... Thanks!

Originally posted by kathy10
:)

Hi International applicant,
I am also an international applicant and I am currently applying. I applied to 17 schools and am in the process of sending in secondaries. Do you know of any schools in particular that recruits quite a bit of intl students that I can add to my list?? Please let me know because it is hard for students like us... Thanks!

these numbers are 2001 but its something...
well stanford interviewed 15 out of 220 applicants
USC 10/142
Yale 33/172
GW 17/278
Emory 27/102
Northwestern 36/233
U of Chicago 9/248
Hopkins 26/172
Boston U sees interviews a good number i hear (accepted 26 a couple years ago)
WashU in STL 60/232
Columbia 101/316
MSSM 23/144
Albert Einstein 20/155
Duke 12/62
Case Western 10/126
Jefferson 15/114
UPenn 11/71
Brown
Vandy 28/120
UVM 32/472
MCW 9/119

I didn't list DO schools unless you want them then i can find them somewhere.

Rejected from BU! oh well.

Rejected from Mayo (surprise!) but at least I got a Drexel invite in the same mail :)

Mayo's rejection was a pretty nice letter tho, so at least they let me down easy. Still, 75 bucks would go along way for me these days ...

I pretty much agree with JLee's list. In particular, Vandy and Columbia seem very receptive to int'l students.

ahh i got the lame......"its our loss" letter from BU

booo BU.

count me in, too...no love from BU.

No BU for me either
kinda surprised.....but then
nuffin should be surprising in this bs process
:rolleyes:

I got a rejection from Case Western yesterday.....not too heartbroken though!!!!

Originally posted by jlee9531
these numbers are 2001 but its something...
well stanford interviewed 15 out of 220 applicants
USC 10/142
Yale 33/172
GW 17/278
Emory 27/102
Northwestern 36/233
U of Chicago 9/248
Hopkins 26/172
Boston U sees interviews a good number i hear (accepted 26 a couple years ago)
WashU in STL 60/232
Columbia 101/316
MSSM 23/144
Albert Einstein 20/155
Duke 12/62
Case Western 10/126
Jefferson 15/114
UPenn 11/71
Brown
Vandy 28/120
UVM 32/472
MCW 9/119

I didn't list DO schools unless you want them then i can find them somewhere.

Hi jlee,
thanks for these stats... I would really appreciate it if you could also get the stats on the DO schools as well. Thanks again...:)

Originally posted by kathy10
What does "bump" mean?

B...ring
U...p
M...y
P...ost

I got my first real rejection today pre-interview post-secondary(ie... not "we'll rereview your application at a later date) from U of Chicago. On the phone... ouch. So much for 33 on the MCAT and those long damn essays

Stanford... or at least I got a cheap photocopy of a rejection letter. Dated the day after they downloaded my AMCAS info, too. I bet they didn't even read my essay.

Oh well, they're missing out

(22 more to go)

Do these have to be "first" rejections only? or shoud we start a "continuous rejection" thread?

I just got my Case rejection today and I felt like I was betrayed by a good friend - damn, I wrote such a good essay for them, too.

This means four rejections now, 27 completed applicaitons to go ...

Originally posted by woolie
Do these have to be "first" rejections only? or shoud we start a "continuous rejection" thread?

I just got my Case rejection today and I felt like I was betrayed by a good friend - damn, I wrote such a good essay for them, too.

This means four rejections now, 27 completed applicaitons to go ...

check out the Official Class of 2008 REJECTION thread

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=87270

Thanks Kwanny,

I just posted there, I hope I don't spend too much time on in the future !

Originally posted by PrincetonRocks
Sorry to hear that. I haven't heard back from U of Chicago yet...and I turned in my secondary for over 5 weeks now. I guess my rejection is comming soon! Who needs them !

Oh well, I guess it all worked out in the end, right?

Ah! My good old 1st rejection thread has been raised from the dead again! It's nice to know that ~15,000 people know I was rejected from u of c. :laugh: :laugh:

No worries, bud. After all, those 15,000 readers have probably all been rejected from UChicago also. That school is ruthless!

3rd rejection= Duke. Muhahah.