2.7GPA and 32MCAT...chances with top 4?

Started by tkeseth
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

You should get into at least one, if not all, of the four on the strength of your MCAT.

Honestly, your letters of recommendation and personal statement will make the biggest impact on your application.
 
i think you def have a shot at AUC and Ross--but SGU if you apply early. But since you mcat is high--i do agree with the rest of the people--consider a SMP.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i think you def have a shot at AUC and Ross--but SGU if you apply early. But since you mcat is high--i do agree with the rest of the people--consider a SMP.

I agree but I do not think SMP here, I think AUC ROSS or SABA. SGU is competitive and 2.8 is on the edge for them now.
 
Hey so I am in the process of applying to med school for August 2012
I have a low gpa and when I graduate It will probably around a 2.8-2.9!

I had to work four jobs my first two and a half years of college while doing research and volunteering at a suicide prevention hotline.

I have three strong recommendation letters and I have also shadow a few well known physicians.

Do I have a shot of getting into SGU, or Ross?
 
i just got into SGU with a 3.1 and a 31. I have a lot of ECs though that probably helped out a lot. I founded and am current president of our club lacrosse team, i have 2 years in the NCAA, 6 years as an EMT and a couple more less important ECs. I didnt apply to any of the other "big 4".