mikejames

10+ Year Member
Jan 2, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
So if you have a 2.8 overall GPA what are some DO schools that you should apply to that might accept you and give you a chance?

About the Ads

Krisss17

10+ Year Member
Feb 3, 2007
In btwn here and there!
Status (Visible)
  1. Other Health Professions Student
So if you have a 2.8 overall GPA what are some DO schools that you should apply to that might accept you and give you a chance?

What is your science GPA? Is it along the same lines? If it is around the same or lower, see about taking the classes again...If it is above 3.0, I think that you would have a better shot.

Krisss17

JonnyG

IN the hospitals....
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2004
Bala Cynwyd, too cool for philly
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
GPA 2.75, Science 3.0, 30 MCAT. Was 4 for four with osteopathic and got into some allopathic. Granted I was a biochemist for three years for BigPharma. When your GPA is low you need a good MCAT and some other things to set you apart. Personally I don't think its possible going straight to med school from undergrad with those stats but i could be wrong.

bkpa2med

10+ Year Member
Jun 26, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
If your coming straight from undergrad I think it may be tough. I had a 3.4gpa/3.3 sGPA and 24 MCAT [8V,7P,9B] and got accepted to 2 out of 5 schools that I applied. Be it that I was interviewed at both I was accepted at but I did have quite a few good EC's and experience.

This is my advice but if you get like a 30 MCAT [good breakdown] you'll probably have a shot.

Also, if anyone hasn't noticed, osteopathic medical schools are getting more competitive each cycle as more applicants apply with higher stats. But in the end nobody really knows why adcoms pick who they pick.

Good luck though!

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.