2.9 total GPA, 2.7 science GPA 33-Q MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

celticsfan1

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am currently a senior and I am looking into applying to AUC,SGU and Ross. I was wondering what my chances would be for being accepted. I have 100+ hours of volunteering, 100+ hours shadowing a physician and I am currently looking into doing research.
 
I am currently a senior and I am looking into applying to AUC,SGU and Ross. I was wondering what my chances would be for being accepted. I have 100+ hours of volunteering, 100+ hours shadowing a physician and I am currently looking into doing research.

IF this was a year and a half ago you MIGHT have had a chance at Ross. Now, you may have a chance at Ross but would most likely be offered Merp if anything.

Most likely no chance at SGU. And I have no idea what the average stats are like for AUC.
 
I am currently a senior and I am looking into applying to AUC,SGU and Ross. I was wondering what my chances would be for being accepted. I have 100+ hours of volunteering, 100+ hours shadowing a physician and I am currently looking into doing research.
The MCAT will definitely help you a lot. A rep from Ross came to our university and from what she told me, you probably could get into there. Heck, I applied to AUA with a 3.1 GPA, no MCAT required, and got accepted there. So, you probably could definitely get into one of those three.
 
I am currently a senior and I am looking into applying to AUC,SGU and Ross. I was wondering what my chances would be for being accepted. I have 100+ hours of volunteering, 100+ hours shadowing a physician and I am currently looking into doing research.

Speaking as a student at SGU, if you applied, they may offer you either the Foundations program, or else the opportunity to improve you GPA by re-taking some classes in the Post-Bacc program. If you do well in either program, you will likely be granted acceptance into the SOM.


Good luck!