• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

2 month to go - do you think I can go through this much content?

Marjan Islam

10+ Year Member
Oct 26, 2008
  1. Pre-Medical
I feel like I make a new thread every other day, sorry if it bugs anyone :(

Well, I've been reviewing what I want to get done before Jan. 31st to see if January if indeed the right date for me, or should I push it to late March (really wish they had a test date for February!!)

Here's what I want to get done in the next 60 so days:

-A quick review of TBR Physics/Gen. Chem of areas I'm not very comfortable with
-About 7 Topical Tests
-7 Biological Science Tests and 7 Physical Science Tests (Kaplan)
-I ordered EK Verbal 101, and hopefully get through the whole book. I will focus on that rather than the crazy dense passages Kaplan offers. I did this because of the general consensus of there forums :)
-11 Full-Length Kaplan tests, 8 AAMC tests, and 1 EK test

I have hardly anything else to do for these next 60 days. Only research twice a week for 12 hours total. My classes start again over January and I won't have a tough load at all.

I just want to get a general consensus I guess on if this is realistically possible or not. Too short time to improve on Verbal? Too many tests to take in too short a time? I want to go at it about 8 hours a day. Thanks guys!

SN2ed

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2007
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Well, I don't really know how hard of a worker you are, but that amount of material can be easily completed. It isn't as much as it seems when you break it down. The topical tests and section tests, I believe have or should have a 60 minute timed limit. Remember, always take your practice problems under TIMED conditions.

That said, I would definitely drop the EK FL since those FLs are pretty much universally panned. I would also consider dropping Kaplan FL 7-11 because those are not representative of the actual MCAT. However, there are some who believe they are. To supplement those FLs, pick up some of the BR FLs. If you want, you could also do all of the AAMC, Kaplan, and BR tests. You have enough time and I think it would help you a great deal.

Yeah, I still wouldn't take the EK FL for anything but practice problems. In other words, don't think of it as a practice FL.

Lastly, if you think managing your time effectively to complete all of that material will be difficult, make a schedule and stick to it.

About the Ads

Marjan Islam

10+ Year Member
Oct 26, 2008
  1. Pre-Medical
Hey, thanks for the input guys.

Yeah, I think I'll be able to cover the sciences without too much trouble. The verbal scares me a bit, because I've made around a 65% on average at the Kaplan verbal section tests, and I found them to be pretty tough and def. very pressed for time!

I'm really glad everyone says EK is more representative of the AAMC tests, I'll go through them and see how I do. I hope to be able to start taking KP FL's and AAMC FL's around Dec. 20th, one every day or every other day, until Test Day! If I see I'm scoring way below my desired score, I'll stop and save the rest of the tests, push the test date back to March, buy Berkley Physics/Gen. Chem, and study those!

I'm fairly sure I'll be okay with Biological Sciences (I'm a Bio. major and OChem doesn't seem tough at all compared to Physics/Gen. Chem), but I guess the coming weeks will tell me more about verbal and physical sciences!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.