2 month to go - do you think I can go through this much content?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Marjan Islam

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I feel like I make a new thread every other day, sorry if it bugs anyone :(

Well, I've been reviewing what I want to get done before Jan. 31st to see if January if indeed the right date for me, or should I push it to late March (really wish they had a test date for February!!)

Here's what I want to get done in the next 60 so days:

-A quick review of TBR Physics/Gen. Chem of areas I'm not very comfortable with
-About 7 Topical Tests
-7 Biological Science Tests and 7 Physical Science Tests (Kaplan)
-I ordered EK Verbal 101, and hopefully get through the whole book. I will focus on that rather than the crazy dense passages Kaplan offers. I did this because of the general consensus of there forums :)
-11 Full-Length Kaplan tests, 8 AAMC tests, and 1 EK test

I have hardly anything else to do for these next 60 days. Only research twice a week for 12 hours total. My classes start again over January and I won't have a tough load at all.

I just want to get a general consensus I guess on if this is realistically possible or not. Too short time to improve on Verbal? Too many tests to take in too short a time? I want to go at it about 8 hours a day. Thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on how solid your background is. But 2 months is a LONG time if you have nothing else lingering over you. I'd say give it your best! but remember it is not the end of the world if you need to reschedule or even re-take.

Well, I don't really know how hard of a worker you are, but that amount of material can be easily completed. It isn't as much as it seems when you break it down. The topical tests and section tests, I believe have or should have a 60 minute timed limit. Remember, always take your practice problems under TIMED conditions.

That said, I would definitely drop the EK FL since those FLs are pretty much universally panned. I would also consider dropping Kaplan FL 7-11 because those are not representative of the actual MCAT. However, there are some who believe they are. To supplement those FLs, pick up some of the BR FLs. If you want, you could also do all of the AAMC, Kaplan, and BR tests. You have enough time and I think it would help you a great deal.

Yeah, I still wouldn't take the EK FL for anything but practice problems. In other words, don't think of it as a practice FL.

Lastly, if you think managing your time effectively to complete all of that material will be difficult, make a schedule and stick to it.

It's doable, if you run out of time to do all the topical tests, you should at least do about 3-4 actual AAMC tests before test day. But your schedule really don't seem impossible, unless, your verbal needs a lot more work. gluck!

Hey, thanks for the input guys.

Yeah, I think I'll be able to cover the sciences without too much trouble. The verbal scares me a bit, because I've made around a 65% on average at the Kaplan verbal section tests, and I found them to be pretty tough and def. very pressed for time!

I'm really glad everyone says EK is more representative of the AAMC tests, I'll go through them and see how I do. I hope to be able to start taking KP FL's and AAMC FL's around Dec. 20th, one every day or every other day, until Test Day! If I see I'm scoring way below my desired score, I'll stop and save the rest of the tests, push the test date back to March, buy Berkley Physics/Gen. Chem, and study those!

I'm fairly sure I'll be okay with Biological Sciences (I'm a Bio. major and OChem doesn't seem tough at all compared to Physics/Gen. Chem), but I guess the coming weeks will tell me more about verbal and physical sciences!