2 More AS questions, please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cheer_up

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
1. Tissue fluid reaches the epidermis of the skin

a. from the surface through the stratum corneum
b. directly from AV anastomoses
c. from lymphatic vessels through connective tissue ground substance
d. directly from capillaries
e. from capillaries through connective tissue ground substance

2. Injury of the spinal accessory nerve while in the posterior triangle will cause partial paralyis of the

a. trapezius
b. sternocleidomastoid
c. splenius capitis

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Cheer-up..

This is just a suggestion..instead of starting "so many" new threads on questions every time !!!.!!!!!!!!! :idea: .it will do you and also do other students a whole lot of good if you keep all your doubts and questions in one single thread..and keeping adding to that so that it will be far easier for you and others to refer later..don't u think so?..and many students will be inclined to answer your questions..if you take a look at previous threads ..you can see that most of these q have already been discussed and answered.. :sleep:
good luck :thumbup:
ta

cheer_up said:

2. Injury of the spinal accessory nerve while in the posterior triangle will cause partial paralyis of the

a. trapezius
b. sternocleidomastoid
c. splenius capitis

Toothavenue said:
Hi Cheer-up..

This is just a suggestion..instead of starting "so many" new threads on questions every time !!!.!!!!!!!!! :idea: .it will do you and also do other students a whole lot of good if you keep all your doubts and questions in one single thread..and keeping adding to that so that it will be far easier for you and others to refer later..don't u think so?..and many students will be inclined to answer your questions..if you take a look at previous threads ..you can see that most of these q have already been discussed and answered.. :sleep:
good luck :thumbup:
ta

Yeah, that's a good idea. Didn't think of that :D. Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
1.e
2.not sure
cheer_up said:

a. trapezius
b. sternocleidomastoid
c. splenius capitis

dent02 said:
2.b(sternocleidomastoid)

pls correct me.

What confuses me is that both the trapezius and sternocleidomastoid have the SAME double innervation. For both, the motor fibres come from the spinal access nerve, and the the proprioceptive fibres from the cervical plexus C3-C4. So I really don't know which one of the two is the correct answer.

cheer_up said:
What confuses me is that both the trapezius and sternocleidomastoid have the SAME double innervation. For both, the motor fibres come from the spinal access nerve, and the the proprioceptive fibres from the cervical plexus C3-C4. So I really don't know which one of the two is the correct answer.

After innervating the sternocleidomastoid muscle, the spinal accessory nerve emerges and down crosses the posterior cervical triangle to innervate the trapezius

the question specifies in the posterior triangle,hence sternocleidomastoid.

pls correct me.

dent02 said:
After innervating the sternocleidomastoid muscle, the spinal accessory nerve emerges and down crosses the posterior cervical triangle to innervate the trapezius

the question specifies in the posterior triangle,hence sternocleidomastoid.

pls correct me.

what you explained is true , but when the nerve is cut in the posterior triangle
sternocliedomastoid muscle retains it supply because the accesory nerve emerging from the jugular foramen innervates the scm before entering the triangle ,then entering the triangle it cross and supply trapezius if it is cut in the post triangle ,trapezius loses its innervation as trapezius is the posterior boundary to the triangle ,partial paralysis is to confuse i suppose

and if the accesory was cut in anterior triangle loss to scm and trapezius is for sure

so answer is trapezius 100% sure , lock karo :thumbup:

mekha said:
what you explained is true , but when the nerve is cut in the posterior triangle
sternocliedomastoid muscle retains it supply because the accesory nerve emerging from the jugular foramen innervates the scm before entering the triangle ,then entering the triangle it cross and supply trapezius if it is cut in the post triangle ,trapezius loses its innervation as trapezius is the posterior boundary to the triangle ,partial paralysis is to confuse i suppose

and if the accesory was cut in anterior triangle loss to scm and trapezius is for sure

so answer is trapezius 100% sure lock karo :thumbup:

Hi

I agree with you Mekha. I read recently that "after the spinal accesory nerve supplies the sternocleidomastoid, it runs downward and laterally through the posterior triangle to disappear deep to the trapezius and supply that muscle also."

Thanks for helping me out Mekha, dent02 and prady :D

Cell bodies of taste fibers from the anterior two-thirds of the tongue are located in which of the following ganglia?

1. Otic
2. Geniculate
3. Submandibular
4. Pterygopalatine
5. Trigeminal (semilunar)
Is it geniculate ?

syk said:
Cell bodies of taste fibers from the anterior two-thirds of the tongue are located in which of the following ganglia?

1. Otic
2. Geniculate
3. Submandibular
4. Pterygopalatine
5. Trigeminal (semilunar)
Is it geniculate ?
submandibular

mekha said:
submandibular
Hi Mekha,

Why is it not geniculate?

The facial nerve contains sensory neurons that originate from the taste buds on the ant 2/3rds of the tongue.The cell bodies of these neurons are located in the geniculate ganglion which lie within the facial canal.

Please can you expain?
Thanks,

syk said:
Hi Mekha,

Why is it not geniculate?

The facial nerve contains sensory neurons that originate from the taste buds on the ant 2/3rds of the tongue.The cell bodies of these neurons are located in the geniculate ganglion which lie within the facial canal.

Please can you expain?
Thanks,

thank you friend i really really appreciate you ,i made a himalayan blunder here
ofcourse it is geniculate ganglion ,i just made a rash decision on hearing taste ,thought abt chordatymani and went with submandibular.
chorda ----submandibular---lingual to sublingual and submand
thank you again for the eyeopener ,i wont forget this in my lifetime

ans is geniculate gang

cryo said:
I agree with u, Mekha. :thumbup:
why and how could you agree with me? :thumbup:

Hi,

I am sure cryo too was confused as I was.Initially even I answered it as submandibular,it was only second time I did realize the ans was geniculate.