You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2 threads that i started: bizarre interview moment and reaction when you got in...
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
MollyMalone
I'm a Score Quadruplet
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
That's an understatement. 😉
you should start the new boyband sensation.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
entropy2 said:i started these 2 threads a while back (under my old name entropy).... i am glad that they became fairly popular....
Congrats!!!! 😕 No comprendo? I don't get why you started a new thread...
Congradulations. Do you want a cookie?
you should put it on your amcas activities/accomplishments
little_late_MD said:Congradulations. Do you want a cookie?
![]()
Man, if a chocolate chip cookie is perfectly circular you know it tastes like crap. I can't find any good cookies on the market...disappointed in most of them =[. I'm just a passive food fanatic/critic/wannabe chef but yesh...no good cookies.
Any suggestions?
Oh, and kudos, entropy 😀.
The local Dunkin' Donuts got the best chocolate chip cookies ever. It's huge and somewhat round but it has this unique mixture of crunchiness on the outside but soft and gooey on the inside.
P.S. The original topic of the thread was hijacked in 8 posts...that's gotta be a record or something...take that URM and AA threads.
P.S. The original topic of the thread was hijacked in 8 posts...that's gotta be a record or something...take that URM and AA threads.
gdbaby said:I've always been a P.Farm Brussels gal myself. That and the old school, Double Stuf Oreos. The only perfectly round cookie worth eating!
one time i found white chocolate covered oreo cookies. pretty much the best thing i've ever had in my life.
as for the CC cookies, i would recommend chewy chips ahoy. unreal. so chewy. if you're into that. or buy the ready made cookie dough and bake it up. nothing better than that.
-mota
I've tried all the chewies under the keebler and chips ahoy name...I don't know why but they jsut don't cut it for me! Maybe they have too much flour, they feel a bit dense. White chocolate covered oreos would be nice...
Pepperidge farm(as gdbaby mentioned) have been one of the better ones for me.
The one perfectly round cookie that had always satisfied me were the Soft Batch Chocolate Chip cookies from Keebler...they were in a red package like this:
My local grocery stores DONT have them anymore. It makes me sad.
edit:
😀
Pepperidge farm(as gdbaby mentioned) have been one of the better ones for me.
The one perfectly round cookie that had always satisfied me were the Soft Batch Chocolate Chip cookies from Keebler...they were in a red package like this:
My local grocery stores DONT have them anymore. It makes me sad.
edit:
DaMota said:it was inevitable that this thread would end up being about cookies.
-mota
😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
RayhanS1282 said:The local Dunkin' Donuts got the best chocolate chip cookies ever. It's huge and somewhat round but it has this unique mixture of crunchiness on the outside but soft and gooey on the inside.
P.S. The original topic of the thread was hijacked in 8 posts...that's gotta be a record or something...take that URM and AA threads.
Dunkin donuts has cookies? Hrmm..I'd go tomorrow but I have this cheesecake-like pie I'm going to eat instead hahaha.
Ahh..Saturdays are my ultimate "cheat" day
Subway has some good cookies.
Anyone else like the soft frosted ones that come 12 to a box?
Anyone else like the soft frosted ones that come 12 to a box?
There is something about the juxtaposition of Tucker Carlson and a discussion about cookies that makes me laugh.BrettBatchelor said:Subway has some good cookies.
Anyone else like the soft frosted ones that come 12 to a box?
BTW: I have been biting my tongue, but I can't hold it in any longer. I, gdbaby, the most liberal person I know, have the biggest crush on Tucker. It must be the bowtie, but it is like a forbidden love that I have not seen since The Thorn Birds.
Oh man, Jon Stewart on Crossfire was one of the greatest television moments of all time. Poor Tucker Carlson. This was one of my favorites of that segment:gdbaby said:There is something about the juxtaposition of Tucker Carlson and a discussion about cookies that makes me laugh.
BTW: I have been biting my tongue, but I can't hold it in any longer. I, gdbaby, the most liberal person I know, have the biggest crush on Tucker. It must be the bowtie, but it is like a forbidden love that I have not seen since The Thorn Birds.
Tucker: You're funnier on your show.
Jon: Well, you're a bigger dick on YOUR show!
That moment was second only to the Yankees losing four straight to the Red Sox to lose the '04 ALCS.
Turkeyman said:Man, if a chocolate chip cookie is perfectly circular you know it tastes like crap. I can't find any good cookies on the market...disappointed in most of them =[. I'm just a passive food fanatic/critic/wannabe chef but yesh...no good cookies.
Any suggestions?
Man... put about 5-6 chocolate chip ahoys on a paper towel, microwave for approx. 45-60sec, then prepare to bite into the most scrumptious morsels of cookietastic treats this side of heaven... ooooh I'm going to get some right now!!! 😀
WhatUpDoc! said:Man... put about 5-6 chocolate chip ahoys on a paper towel, microwave for approx. 45-60sec, then prepare to bite into the most scrumptious morsels of cookietastic treats this side of heaven... ooooh I'm going to get some right now!!! 😀
Oooh that's longer than me, I give my cookies 25 seconds max hahah. Microwaved cookies/brownies/ice cream(yes I melt it down just to eat the goop sometimes) are the best.
Chips Ahoys are good, I guess I'm just looking for the perfect soft-baked cookie that is soft-baked w/out microwaving it 😀.
edit:
Can someone mail me Matt's, Dunkin Donuts, and Subway cookies as a present?
No, it's not quite the record.RayhanS1282 said:P.S. The original topic of the thread was hijacked in 8 posts...that's gotta be a record or something...take that URM and AA threads.
DaMota said:one time i found white chocolate covered oreo cookies. pretty much the best thing i've ever had in my life.
as for the CC cookies, i would recommend chewy chips ahoy. unreal. so chewy. if you're into that. or buy the ready made cookie dough and bake it up. nothing better than that.
-mota
Dude, covering an oreo destroys the fun of it. You can't very well separate the two sides when they're smothered with something, unless you wanna lick it all off, but then the cookie parts are too soft to twist anyway. Worst Idea Ever.
As to Diddy Riese: damn straight.
$1 for a scoop of peanut butter ice cream flanked by a chocolate white chocolate chip cookie and a white chocolate macadamia nut cookie. Oh man.
$1 for a scoop of peanut butter ice cream flanked by a chocolate white chocolate chip cookie and a white chocolate macadamia nut cookie. Oh man.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
desiredusername said:No, it's not quite the record.
HAHA!
E
entropy2
holy thread hijacking batman !!
If I'm going for good cookies, it's got to be my own homemade chocolate chip wonders:
3/4 cups brown and white sugar, creamed with 1 cup butter
Add three egg whites (no yolks), 1 tsp vanilla, whip like a mad man
Add 2 3/4 cups flour, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp salt.
All that is pretty standard. The real trick is in the chips:
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips, 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
You read that right... three different kinds of chocolate chips. It's like every little bite is a wonderful surprise that keeps you on your toes. 😀
3/4 cups brown and white sugar, creamed with 1 cup butter
Add three egg whites (no yolks), 1 tsp vanilla, whip like a mad man
Add 2 3/4 cups flour, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp salt.
All that is pretty standard. The real trick is in the chips:
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips, 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
You read that right... three different kinds of chocolate chips. It's like every little bite is a wonderful surprise that keeps you on your toes. 😀
jtank said:best cookies ever: diddy reese <-- everyone that goes to ucla knows what im talking about
On drives to NorCal from San Diego, I stop every time in Westwood for Diddy Reese. Strawberry Cheesecake ice cream flanked by chocolate chocolate chip cookies. Mmmmm..... Cookies.... *drool*
desiredusername said:No, it's not quite the record.
I'll be man enough to admit when I've been owned.
Tollhouse pre-cut cookie dough batter, macadamian nut and white chocolate chip. This stuff will rock your world.
Oh and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Eggrolls!!
crunchy outside, crack that motha open, cookie dough oooozes out. oh baby
Oh and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Eggrolls!!
crunchy outside, crack that motha open, cookie dough oooozes out. oh baby
justskipee said:Oh and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Eggrolls!!
crunchy outside, crack that motha open, cookie dough oooozes out. oh baby
Are you serious? If such a treat really exists you gotta let me know how I can get my hands on these chocolatey delights 😱
WhatUpDoc! said:Are you serious? If such a treat really exists you gotta let me know how I can get my hands on these chocolatey delights 😱
They exist at my favorite restaurant called Bluephies in Madison, Wisconsin. Amazing food. Check out the website:
http://www.foodfightinc.com/bluephies.htm
The chef just published the Bluephies cookbook, which I own, and the recipe is in the book. definitely get it! great gift.
jtank said:best cookies ever: diddy reese <-- everyone that goes to ucla knows what im talking about
pretty damn good yes. but i'd prefer a pazookie right across the street at bjs.
-mota
MollyMalone
I'm a Score Quadruplet
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
gdbaby said:There is something about the juxtaposition of Tucker Carlson and a discussion about cookies that makes me laugh.
BTW: I have been biting my tongue, but I can't hold it in any longer. I, gdbaby, the most liberal person I know, have the biggest crush on Tucker. It must be the bowtie, but it is like a forbidden love that I have not seen since The Thorn Birds.
OMG, I remember The Thorn Birds. My mother had (well, has, actually) the biggest crush on Richard Chamberlain. I cannot count the number of times I had to watch it. (Funny taste. Other objects of her undying affection include Tom Selleck and David Boies.)
I have to give props to Matt's. Outstanding cookie goodness. Only problem is the damn packages aren't big enough.
I loved that commercial they had where the lady who had just given birth wanted her Matt's cookies.little_late_MD said:Congradulations. Do you want a cookie?
![]()
Now you know he wants a brownie instead.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
entropy2 said:i started these 2 threads a while back (under my old name entropy).... i am glad that they became fairly popular....
Ooooooooooooooooooo....for your successful threads how about some Jello Pudding Pops...
😛
justskipee said:They exist at my favorite restaurant called Bluephies in Madison, Wisconsin. Amazing food. Check out the website:
http://www.foodfightinc.com/bluephies.htm
The chef just published the Bluephies cookbook, which I own, and the recipe is in the book. definitely get it! great gift.
I'm thinking road trip... right after finals are over... Madison here I come 😀
Otis Spunkmeyer Peanut Butter Cookies... *drools on keyboard* my freshman year they served them at the cafeteria on campus and I think they were soley responsible for my freshman 15.
I haven't been able to find them since 🙁
I haven't been able to find them since 🙁
Similar threads
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 1K