1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

2 weeks left -- practice test frequency

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by D0cHopeful, Aug 14, 2011.

1. D0cHopeful

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hey all,

Do you think it is a good idea to take practice tests every other day for the next week and a half (with the off day being test review/concept review) with the final 2-3 days before the test being used for concept review, flash cards, and random practice problems? Or does that seem a bit excessive? I have a bunch of Kaplan FL's left and 2 AAMC's left. Any advice would be great! Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. paul411

paul411 ANES
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    At this point, skip Kaplan FL's and focus on finishing AAMC practice tests.

4. D0cHopeful

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    If I only have two AAMC's left, do you recommend that I save them until one week remaining, and do Kaplan's test so that I still have good content review and can continue doing practice tests? This is a retake, so I have taken most of the AAMC tests already..I only have 10 and 11 left... :-(

5. sweetness34

7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    if you can i would take AAMC 11 a week before your actual test, and AAMC 10 maybe a couple of days after 11, and just rest the two days prior to the exam.

6. paul411

paul411 ANES
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    AAMC 11 is the latest practice test (released in December 2010). So I would take that one last because it will be closest to the real MCAT.

7. D0cHopeful

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Thanks for your help guys, really appreciate it!

8. DoctorRock25

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I have two weeks left too and I've been doing nothing but the AAMC test. They're pretty good. The Kaplan FLs to me are confident killers. But hey, they're good practice I guess.