1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

2 weeks left -- practice test frequency

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by D0cHopeful, Aug 14, 2011.

1. D0cHopeful

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hey all,

Do you think it is a good idea to take practice tests every other day for the next week and a half (with the off day being test review/concept review) with the final 2-3 days before the test being used for concept review, flash cards, and random practice problems? Or does that seem a bit excessive? I have a bunch of Kaplan FL's left and 2 AAMC's left. Any advice would be great! Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. paul411

paul411 ANES
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    At this point, skip Kaplan FL's and focus on finishing AAMC practice tests.

4. D0cHopeful

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    If I only have two AAMC's left, do you recommend that I save them until one week remaining, and do Kaplan's test so that I still have good content review and can continue doing practice tests? This is a retake, so I have taken most of the AAMC tests already..I only have 10 and 11 left... :-(

5. sweetness34

7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    if you can i would take AAMC 11 a week before your actual test, and AAMC 10 maybe a couple of days after 11, and just rest the two days prior to the exam.

6. paul411

paul411 ANES
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    AAMC 11 is the latest practice test (released in December 2010). So I would take that one last because it will be closest to the real MCAT.

7. D0cHopeful

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Thanks for your help guys, really appreciate it!

8. DoctorRock25

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I have two weeks left too and I've been doing nothing but the AAMC test. They're pretty good. The Kaplan FLs to me are confident killers. But hey, they're good practice I guess.