2 weeks left -- practice test frequency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

D0cHopeful

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Do you think it is a good idea to take practice tests every other day for the next week and a half (with the off day being test review/concept review) with the final 2-3 days before the test being used for concept review, flash cards, and random practice problems? Or does that seem a bit excessive? I have a bunch of Kaplan FL's left and 2 AAMC's left. Any advice would be great! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

At this point, skip Kaplan FL's and focus on finishing AAMC practice tests.
If I only have two AAMC's left, do you recommend that I save them until one week remaining, and do Kaplan's test so that I still have good content review and can continue doing practice tests? This is a retake, so I have taken most of the AAMC tests already..I only have 10 and 11 left... :-(

If I only have two AAMC's left, do you recommend that I save them until one week remaining, and do Kaplan's test so that I still have good content review and can continue doing practice tests? This is a retake, so I have taken most of the AAMC tests already..I only have 10 and 11 left... :-(

if you can i would take AAMC 11 a week before your actual test, and AAMC 10 maybe a couple of days after 11, and just rest the two days prior to the exam.

Members don't see this ad :)
AAMC 11 is the latest practice test (released in December 2010). So I would take that one last because it will be closest to the real MCAT.

At this point, skip Kaplan FL's and focus on finishing AAMC practice tests.

I have two weeks left too and I've been doing nothing but the AAMC test. They're pretty good. The Kaplan FLs to me are confident killers. But hey, they're good practice I guess.