2 weeks out from USMLE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

voisinator

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've taken both of the UW practice tests (Assessment 1= 224, Assessment 2 = 247) and I'm trying to decide how to best prepare for the next two weeks. Goal is a 230+. Which should be the higher priority? UWorld second pass (1000 questions left), NBME practices test (7,11,15,16?), or First Aid 3rd pass? Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I talked to my friend that just took it and I'm going to be focusing on the stuff I'm weak on in first aid like pharm, parasites, leukocyte deficiencies and maybe anatomy if I have time.

If you haven't done any NBMEs yet, I would do those to get practice w/ style of questions (esp. later 15/16). Use questions to do focused review of topics in FA. Supplement w/ UWorld. Review concepts you are getting incorrect using FA. Since you've already gone through FA 2x, I think a more focused review of your weaknesses as poster above suggested would be most helpful

Last edited:
If you haven't done any NBMEs yet, I would do those to get practice w/ style of questions (esp. later 15/16). Use questions to do focused review of topics in FA. Supplement w/ UWorld. Review concepts you are getting incorrect using FA. Since you've already gone through FA 2x, I think a more focused review of your weaknesses as poster above suggested would be most helpful

How many NBME test would you recommend doing? Just two 15 and 16? Any other must do NBME's?

There's no real must do NBME, the newer ones tend to be closer to the real thing in terms of question style. The arguments in favour of doing as many as possible are to be familiar with all the different styles of questions that may come up on the real exam, and to get easy points on the few questions that actually get repeated on the real exam.

Take an NBME or two, go through your UWorld marked and incorrect questions to make sure you've learned from them. Skim sections of FA you feel you need to keep fresh in your mind.