2 weeks until Step 1, only half way through First Aid...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zoombini01

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello friends,

I am scheduled to take the exam in 10 days but still have about 300 pages of First Aid to read through. My pace has been incredibly slow and I just can't seem to read the damn thing. I have been pretty good about doing questions and am almost finished with UWorld with scores generally in the 60s, high of 77. I read the explanations very carefully but don't usually spend time flipping through FA to cross-reference- I just digest the UWorld explanations as well as I can and occasionally make Anki cards from the educational objectives. Going to take an NBME in a few days to see where I stand but am already freaking out about the possibility of going into the exam not having fully finished reading the "Step 1 Bible." I just don't think I will have the time or energy to get through all of First Aid, or if I do take time to speed through it it won't be as helpful as just doing as many questions as humanly possible btwn now and my exam. Anyone here do well on Step 1 without reading First Aid page to page???

Members don't see this ad.

I have some close friends who still ended up getting 260+ without touching the FA. Some folks just do well. I would take the NBME asap to see what you get. That's the first thing you want to do.

Reactions: 2 users