2 Ws in transcripts with context. Is this a big deal?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RNpremed_Nontrad

Reaction score
Hi, I have 2 Ws in my transcript. One is history class in my Sophomore year (2019 Fall semester) and another is Calculus class in my post graduation year (2022 Fall). I am planning on applying in 2025 cycle.

Here are contexts for Ws:

History W: At the time I was an international student (F-1 student visa) and I registered wrong class types which violated student visa rule. I was notified of this after fall break. Thus, to maintain my visa, I had to add on 6 credit hours on top of what I was already taking, which made my credit hour go from 12 to 18. I knew I would not be able to ace all classes, so I decided to drop history class. I took the same course in the following semester and got an A.

Calculus W: Similar situation, at the time, I was in the middle of the immigration process. A local hospital I was working for as a nurse was sponsoring my immigration. During this process, I had to stop working and re-enroll in school as a full-time student for legal purpose. The plan was: attend school as a full-time student until immigration gets finished and return to work. Thankfully, well in this case, unfortunately, the immigration got processed a lot quicker than the hospital and I expected. We expected the process to take at least 6 months, but it only took 3 months. Hence, I was required to return to hospital as a full-time ICU nurse in the middle of the semester. I determined that I would not be able to work and study full time, and ace all courses; so, I withdrew from calculus class.

What do you think? Do these Ws will become issues when I apply? If so, what should I do? If not, where can I explain my Ws? Please be brutally honest.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: