One C during transcript repair - How big of a deal is this?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RespectTheChemistry

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a C in Organic Chemistry the summer I got COVID (Summer 2022). It was an 8-week course and I was sick for a full two weeks, so that definitely made a dent. (You had to be afebrile for 72 hours to be permitted on campus and that fever would not budge for two weeks.)

The issue with this is that I was working on transcript repair after getting a boatload of W's due to unrelated, now-resolved health problems. The past 1.5 years look great other than that one, ugly C! I took one other class that summer, which I got an A in, but that other course was intended to be remote at that point in time and was easier to keep up with while home sick with COVID. The Organic was an issue for me because much of the learning was in-person by Summer 2022.

I did well the preceding semester (Spring 2022) and throughout the 22-23 school year. My last day at my school was yesterday and now I am graduating.

I am planning to take some extension courses as a post-bacc this coming year to get me up to a 3.7, but the problem with that is that they are extension courses and may not "count" as much for the purposes of showing I can handle med school. (Is that true?)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I am planning to take some extension courses as a post-bacc this coming year to get me up to a 3.7, but the problem with that is that they are extension courses and may not "count" as much for the purposes of showing I can handle med school. (Is that true?)
Answer may be school specific, but not an issue at mine.

Sometimes you have to apply with the app you have warts and all.

Reactions: 1 users
Answer may be school specific, but not an issue at mine.

Sometimes you have to apply with the app you have warts and all.

Thank you, Goro. I appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions. :)

I love the new kitty picture. She is just so darn cute. :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
This is understandable. If you have one of those secondaries about “irregularities in academic performance” you can explain it.

Reactions: 2 users
This is understandable. If you have one of those secondaries about “irregularities in academic performance” you can explain it.

Thank you. :) Tell Luna and Ori I said hi too. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user