2 year prepharm

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Da Alchemist

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone here got accepted after 2 year pre? or is it just a myth.

Members don't see this ad.

One of my friends got accepted to UGA last year with only 2 years...She graduated with her associates degree after she got her acceptance letter! That was the only school she applied to. And I know another girl from the CC I went to that got into UGA under the exact same circumstances the year before. Both were really smart...obviously

i got in with just two years. 62 hrs to be exact.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got into Samford and Lecom Erie and at the end of this spring term, I will be in college for two years. I attend a major university and have a 4.0 right now. Yes you can get in with two years of college. Not very hard. Do have some pharmacy exp. though. I only work one summer as a tech though. That was all my exp.

I was accepted to Mercer and PBA last year (wait-listed at Samford and rejected from UGA) after completing only 2 years of pre-reqs at a local CC. I'm in my third year now to complete the additional prereqs required for Auburn but I'm not earning any degree. It can be done.

I’ve been accepted after only two years of pre-requisites at a community college so it is not a myth.

hey I got into UNC-chapel hill after 2 years at college - its just alot of work and dedication - if you want it bad enough you'll get it - Good Luck

I'm in my 2nd year right now, and I've been accepted to Ferris State!

Hah, I don't see why it's a myth. The prereqs are made to be completed within 2 years for most schools, but how you make out in the end depends on your school and stuff. I applied after 2 years and got in, but I only finished after 2.5

I know people who got in after two years, so its not a myth.

If you have a great GPA and PCAT with pharmacy experience, it can be done. Though the applicant pool is shifting towards those with degrees, there isn't a huge stigma for second-year applicants.

im a second year college guy 3.8 and 93 comp on pcat. hopefully ill be at UT or houston in the fall. i gotta say undergrad has been busy. try to take summer school if you can the second you get out of high school!

I forgot to mention that when I say 2 years, I mean 2 continuous years or 6 semesters (started Summer '04 -> Fall '04 -> Spring '05 -> Summer '05 -> Fall '05 -> ended Spring '06). This is probably not necessary for everyone, but the schools that I applied to had different prereqs so I had to cover all my bases :)

It can be done. I got accepted with just two years of community college prerequisites (finishing up 5 prereqs classes this semester). I applied to three schools and got invited to interview at all three schools. I found out I got accepted to my first choice so turned down the other two interviews.