20 year old battle is now over...

Started by ZpackSux
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ZpackSux

Retired
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Most of you will never know about the Rocephin battle fought since 1985, the year I graduated High School.

Roche with Rocephin burst into the scene and dominated the 3rd generation cephalosporin market for the past 20 years. Their marketing scheme of once daily Rocephin netted a lot of money for Roche and their reps.

Many hospitals fought back with cefotaxime q8h which was much more cost effective than Rocephin. It's been a constant battle for me..since 1991 when I started RX school.

Today, I'm happy to share with you that the long fought battle of Rocephin comes to an end next week. Rocephin is going generic on the 20th..

The price will drop from $40 per 1 gram to $7 per 1 gram..with future price pegged at $4 per 1 gram.

I'm going to cry.

Wait..how the heck did Roche keep Rocephin brand for freaking 20 years????? 😡 😡 😡
 
ZpackSux said:
Most of you will never know about the Rocephin battle fought since 1985, the year I graduated High School.

Roche with Rocephin burst into the scene and dominated the 3rd generation cephalosporin market for the past 20 years. Their marketing scheme of once daily Rocephin netted a lot of money for Roche and their reps.

Many hospitals fought back with cefotaxime q8h which was much more cost effective than Rocephin. It's been a constant battle for me..since 1991 when I started RX school.

Today, I'm happy to share with you that the long fought battle of Rocephin comes to an end next week. Rocephin is going generic on the 20th..

The price will drop from $40 per 1 gram to $7 per 1 gram..with future price pegged at $4 per 1 gram.

I'm going to cry.

Wait..how the heck did Roche keep Rocephin brand for freaking 20 years????? 😡 😡 😡
And yet your hospital will probably still charge $500 dollars per treatment, thus not passing along the savings to the patient, right? :laugh:
 
Caverject said:
And yet your hospital will probably still charge $500 dollars per treatment, thus not passing along the savings to the patient, right? :laugh:

Mo money for Zpacksux 👍
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad