200 to 250+ in 8 weeks ama

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

texaspremed1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
School CBSE 8 weeks out=200
First 4 weeks:
Boards and beyond
sketchy micro/pharm
USMLE RX (79%)
Kaplan sim 1=77%
Final 4 weeks:
Pathoma
UW (81.7%)
90-93% on all the NBMEs which translates to scores from 240-255
UW sim 1=258
UW sim 2=260
Free 120=88%
Final: 257! super stoked! outscored all my NBMEs. Exam was easier than Uworld, and most NBMEs! few bs questions but otherwise looked a lot like the Free120.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I used sketchy micro during my micro module and kaplan qbank starting my second year (60% correct). That's pretty much it!

congrats!!

when you say identical to the free 120 would you say the topics or the way they ask questions?

Also, how did you feel like it was easier than uworld? Did you feel like they were straight forward questions or they weren't tricking you like they tend to do in uworld?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Both. I even got straight repeat questions from free120. Higher proportion "first order" questions than on Uworld which made it seem easier. Less tricks for sure but couple of straight fact questions not in FA or UW so had to make educated guesses.

School CBSE 8 weeks out=200
First 4 weeks:
Boards and beyond
sketchy micro/pharm
USMLE RX (79%)
Kaplan sim 1=77%
Final 4 weeks:
Pathoma
UW (81.7%)
90-93% on all the NBMEs which translates to scores from 240-255
UW sim 1=258
UW sim 2=260
Free 120=88%
Final: 257! super stoked! outscored all my NBMEs. Exam was easier than Uworld, and most NBMEs! few bs questions but otherwise looked a lot like the Free120.
No First Aid? Or I guess did USMLE RX or Boards and Beyond = FA for you? Either way a huge congrats!