1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

2003 PGY-2 Contracts? Anyone heard yet?

Discussion in 'Clinical Rotations' started by trg2002, Apr 18, 2002.

1. Hello all,

I was wondering, has anyone going into a field that requires a separate PGY-1 year (like anesthesiology or rads) heard from or received their contract for the PGY-2 year?

I have already received a temporary acceptance for a transitional PGY-1 year contract but I have not yet heard a peep from my actual residency program that starts in 2003...(no letter, no email)

Is this typical?

Thanks in advance!
    TRG

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Jim Picotte

Jim Picotte Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I just received a letter and phone call from my PGY-2 Radiology PD. They said they would send the contract between Feb and April of 2003. The contract I signed has the salary on it and the hospital I'm going to adjusts this salary every February. I wouldn't worry about it.

4. Ligament

Ligament Interventional Pain Management
    Physician Lifetime Donor SDN Advisor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I'm doing PM&R.

Got my internship year contract and signed that already.

Only thing from my PGY2 PM&R program I have gotten is a letter asking me to send them a quick letter "formally accepting the position."

Not quite sure what that means, other than they obviously do not have a full contract for me to sign yet.

regards.

5. I received my PGY-2 contract about one year after I matched.