2003 SDNers!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bounty

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I just thought that since we are all starting this long (stressful, crazy) process, it would be cool to get to know each other a little better. Or at least know who is applying this year. The 2002ers seem tight - now its our turn! :)
Hmm anyways, I will start a little list - I love lists. Hehe.

2003 SDNers

Bounty

Feel free to add your name, say a little something about yourself, etc...

Bounty :)

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by Bounty
Hi everyone!
I just thought that since we are all starting this long (stressful, crazy) process, it would be cool to get to know each other a little better. Or at least know who is applying this year. The 2002ers seem tight - now its our turn! :)
Hmm anyways, I will start a little list - I love lists. Hehe.

2003 SDNers

Bounty

Feel free to add your name, say a little something about yourself, etc...

Bounty :)

Good idea Bounty.
I kind of like the anonymity of the username, so I'll leave it at Doctor Octopus until I meet you guys at interviews. Anyway, I'm a Cleveland area premed who is older than avg. I went to U of Akron for a couple years when I was younger, but had to stop because of some heavy #$%@ that happened with my family. I took a few years off to work out some kinks and eventually decided to finish school and go into medicine. I transferred to Cleveland State where I took the premed requirements and I'm almost finished with my English degree. I'll be hanging out though to take some extra courses (bio chem, gross anatomy, cell, micro , human development) so that I can catch up with all you biology majors before medschool starts. I'm applying to 6 Ohio schools and 7 out of state. One thing I regret is not knowing about SDN until after I took the April MCAT. What a wonderful resource this is.

Members don't see this ad :)
2003 SDNers

Bounty
SpiderMan [RNA Ladder 2003]
Doctor Octopus
Jalby

2003 SDNers

Bounty
Doctor Octopus
Jalby
calbears84

Bounty
Doctor Octopus
Jalby
calbears
the boy wonder

I'm a non-trad, I work at WashU, so far applied to 19 schools, taking the August MCAT, speaking of which, should get back to studying.....

Bounty
Doctor Octopus
Jalby
calbears
the boy wonder
freakazoid

studying like the boy wonder . . . :)

Bounty
Doctor Octopus
Jalby
calbears
the boy wonder
freakazoid
lola

should be studying as well :(
i'm a non-trad, got a master's degree in epidemiology a few years ago and am applying to loads of schools. took pre-med requirements in college and have now decided i'm ready to take the plunge!

Uh, Jalby, aren't you hooked up at SC? I think the OP intended the list to be comprised of people applying to med school for 2003.

just checkin...:)

Bounty
Doctor Octopus
Jalby
calbears
the boy wonder
freakazoid
lola
drkevin40

bounty and spiderman..how comeyall didn't say nuthin bout yoself?

i am a traditional med school applica. hoping to get into one of my top choices! don't wanna say too much else cuz i know there r a lot of my friends from school on these boards and i asked them to guess who i be in cyberspace. =)

Originally posted by dr kevin40

bounty and spiderman..how comeyall didn't say nuthin bout yoself?

i am a traditional med school applica. hoping to get into one of my top choices! don't wanna say too much else cuz i know there r a lot of my friends from school on these boards and i asked them to guess who i be in cyberspace. =)

You asked for it.
I am an intl student. Took April MCAT and got a 22 on it... Retaking it in August. So far sent applications to five schools and told them to wait until they get my August scores. I am technically a senior at a small liberal art college. I worked as research tech for 9 months, published a paper, and now doing PhD/MD summer research undergrad program in Ophthalmology dept at UNMC (sounds cool but in reality we are just summer students). I am volunteering at a hospital and have been a president of a club. The end of my life story.

Bounty
Doctor Octopus
Jalby
calbears
the boy wonder
freakazoid
lola
drkevin40

Well, I am also going through the same pains as everyone else here. Tired of writing essays for these secondaries

:eek:

But either way, a little bit about myself, I go to school here in cali, and I've done a lot of the stuff a traditional applicant has done. Guess the only thing im adding is my passion for music. I used to sing some opera, and right now I'm studying the vocal reportoire of persian classical music.

Good luck to everyone!!
;)

Members don't see this ad :)
woops,
forget to add myself to the list

Bounty
Doctor Octopus
Jalby
calbears
the boy wonder
freakazoid
lola
drkevin40
bruinmojo

Someone doesn't belong on that list...you know who you are. ;)

Ah the newbies are arriving. Us 2002 SDNers are slowly fading out, now that we're finished with that horrible application process.

To all you 2003 SDNers: Beware the addiction. You'll find so much info on here that will save you time and energy. But you'll also waste a ton of time too. SDN adds its own unique stress to this process because there are some crazy geniuses on this board. Look at the acceptances list...it's sick how so few people could have so many acceptances to Harvard, UCSF, Cornell, etc.

Anyway, good luck and spread the knowledge. Oh yea, look us 2002 SDNers up when you visit our schools.

Bounty
Doctor Octopus
jot
calbears
the boy wonder
freakazoid
lola
drkevin40
bruinmojo

Bounty
Doctor Octopus
jot
calbears
the boy wonder
freakazoid
lola
drkevin40
bruinmojo
Neuronix

I'm a MSTP applicant taking a year off to do more research here in Delaware before I start, hopefully in 2003. I usually hang out on IRC (SDN Chat) and don't post too much to the forums.

Edit: 9 months later... Don't post too much to the forums... hahaha

Bounty
Doctor Octopus
jot
calbears
the boy wonder
freakazoid
lola
drkevin40
bruinmojo
Neuronix
Femtochemistry

Bounty
Doctor Octopus
jot
calbears
the boy wonder
freakazoid
lola
drkevin40
bruinmojo
Neuronix
Femtochemistry
SilverAngel1110

A little bit about myself, huh? I'm a traditional applicant from NY. I go to school in DC, where I am a Bio major / English minor. Spending my summer doing research at NYU for the 3rd year in a row, volunteering in the hospital, doing a little physician shadowing, etc. I really wish that I had found SDN before I took the April MCAT. Maybe you guys could have helped me get motivated to study. Looking forward to seeing some of you at interviews and whatnot. Good luck, everyone!

Bounty
Doctor Octopus
jot
calbears
the boy wonder
freakazoid
lola
drkevin40
bruinmojo
Neuronix
Femtochemistry
SilverAngel1110
Engg To Doc

Bounty
Doctor Octopus
jot
calbears
the boy wonder
freakazoid
lola
drkevin40
bruinmojo
Neuronix
Femtochemistry
SilverAngel1110
Engg To Doc
pocwana

Bounty
Doctor Octopus
jot
calbears
the boy wonder
freakazoid
lola
drkevin40
bruinmojo
Neuronix
Femtochemistry
SilverAngel1110
Engg To Doc
pocwana
Explosivo

Bounty
Doctor Octopus
jot
calbears
the boy wonder
freakazoid
lola
drkevin40
bruinmojo
Neuronix
Femtochemistry
SilverAngel1110
Engg To Doc
pocwana
Explosivo
Pickle Salt

I'm a traditional applicant, a Texan, and ready to get the hell out of Texas. I'm new to SDN and I must admit, you guys intimidate me a bit; you're all bloody geniuses! But very glad I stumbled upon this site for now i have online buddies to endure this year-long torture with me. I love unknown British rock bands, Sonic frozen treats, racquetball, Scrubs (both the tv show and the apparel), jogging, journals (i collect them and yet...have never written in them?), and yes, the little packages of pickle-flavored salt you can buy at gas stations for a nickle or two. I think that sums me up quite nicely. I love people and science and hope to one day work with infectious diseases or kids or hell, both. Yeah.

Bounty
Doctor Octopus
Jalby
calbears
the boy wonder
freakazoid
lola
drkevin40
bruinmojo
Relatively prime

I think that I've revealed everything you could possibly want to know about me in one thread or another... we're talking everything from MCAT scores to bra size... so if you want to know... just make use of the search option ;)

Bounty
Doctor Octopus
jot
calbears
the boy wonder
freakazoid
lola
drkevin40
bruinmojo
Neuronix
Femtochemistry
SilverAngel1110
Engg To Doc
pocwana
Explosivo
Pickle Salt
Wahoo07

Excuse me Wahoo07... but why are you leaving me out?! :(

Bounty
Doctor Octopus
jot
calbears
the boy wonder
freakazoid
lola
drkevin40
bruinmojo
Neuronix
Femtochemistry
SilverAngel1110
Engg To Doc
pocwana
Explosivo
Pickle Salt
Wahoo07
relatively prime
CaNEM

MSTP applicant here. Neuroscience undergrad in Northeast PA.

Sorry RP! :eek: I guess we posted at the same time! :)

Got deleted somehow.
Bounty
Doctor Octopus
jot
calbears
the boy wonder
freakazoid
lola
drkevin40
bruinmojo
Jalby
Neuronix
Femtochemistry
SilverAngel1110
Engg To Doc
pocwana
Explosivo
Pickle Salt
Wahoo07
relatively prime
CaNEM

MSTP applicant here. Neuroscience undergrad in Northeast PA.
[/QUOTE]

Bounty
Doctor Octopus
jot
calbears
the boy wonder
freakazoid
lola
drkevin40
bruinmojo
Jalby
Neuronix
Femtochemistry
SilverAngel1110
Engg To Doc
pocwana
Explosivo
Pickle Salt
Wahoo07
relatively prime
CaNEM
kathleeya

hey there! i've been lurking around the SDN site off and on for about a year, but this is the first year i have finally found the courage to post. ;)
i graduated from the univ of chicago 2001 (bio&psych) and am now at the univ of michigan school of public health getting an MPH in health management and policy. i'm spending my summer as an intern at the yale center for interdisciplinary research on AIDS and having a blast in NYC.
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE & i hope to get to know many of you over the next year!! :love:

Bounty
Doctor Octopus
jot
calbears
the boy wonder
freakazoid
lola
drkevin40
bruinmojo
Jalby
Neuronix
Femtochemistry
SilverAngel1110
Engg To Doc
pocwana
Explosivo
Pickle Salt
Wahoo07
relatively prime
CaNEM
kathleeya
smilez428

i'm an undergrad at Rutgers University majoring in Genetics & Microbiology, minoring in Psych. I've applied to both UMDNJ schols as well as a few in NY, PA, & VA. Can't wait to know (if and) where I'll be going come Fall 2003.

Good luck everyone! :)
:cool:

lizardking, i don't get a special shoutout?

Bounty
Doctor Octopus
jot
calbears
the boy wonder
freakazoid
lola
drkevin40
bruinmojo
Jalby
Neuronix
Femtochemistry
SilverAngel1110
Engg To Doc
pocwana
Explosivo
Pickle Salt
Wahoo07
relatively prime
CaNEM
kathleeya
smilez428
Tweetie_Bird

Mah name eez Tweetie, and I like...umm...SDN!!! I'm taking the plunge this Jan myself by getting married to my best friend. :love: Besides planning a wedding-to-be in a different country, I enjoy being with my pets. I got a dog and a cat. And they love each other too. It's funny, I have a german shepherd, and yet he's afraid of my cat's quick and sharp paws. Oh, I also love cooking. I consider myself somewhat of a good cook. But I stay away from cooking birds (geddit, geddit?). :D

Tweetie

Originally posted by smilez428
Bounty
Doctor Octopus
jot
calbears
the boy wonder
freakazoid
lola
drkevin40
bruinmojo
Jalby
Neuronix
Femtochemistry
SilverAngel1110
Engg To Doc
pocwana
Explosivo
Pickle Salt
Wahoo07
relatively prime
CaNEM
kathleeya
smilez428
Sweet Tea

I'm 5'7", single female who enjoys good books and walks in the park. looking for a single male for...oh wait, wrong forum. ;)

I'm a non-traditional applicant, applying to 18 schools. I'm also feeling pretty lazy today so if you want more info on me, do a search. :laugh:

can anybody beat 34 schools... :D I can't even remember the names of all of them. :(

Bounty
Doctor Octopus
jot
calbears
the boy wonder
freakazoid
lola
drkevin40
bruinmojo
Jalby
Neuronix
Femtochemistry
SilverAngel1110
Engg To Doc
pocwana
Explosivo
Pickle Salt
Wahoo07
relatively prime
CaNEM
kathleeya
smilez428
Tweetie_Bird
uclabruins47

tweetie i ALMOST beat ya with 31 :cool:

Bounty
Doctor Octopus
jot
calbears
the boy wonder
freakazoid
lola
drkevin40
bruinmojo
Jalby
Neuronix
Femtochemistry
SilverAngel1110
Engg To Doc
pocwana
Explosivo
Pickle Salt
Wahoo07
relatively prime
CaNEM
kathleeya
smilez428
Sweet Tea
Street Philosopher

I am a 5th year Philosophy major / Neuroscience minor at UCLA. I am applying regular MD. I badly want to stay in California. I am competent but unimpressive, in my opinion. Tenkz.

gotcha beat! 39 schools (hmm...should I add more?)

damn there's a lot of us...

Bounty
Doctor Octopus
jot
calbears
the boy wonder
freakazoid
lola
drkevin40
bruinmojo
Jalby
Neuronix
Femtochemistry
SilverAngel1110
Engg To Doc
pocwana
Explosivo
Pickle Salt
Wahoo07
relatively prime
CaNEM
kathleeya
smilez428
Sweet Tea
Street Philosopher
simpleG

Bounty
Doctor Octopus
jot
calbears
the boy wonder
freakazoid
lola
drkevin40
bruinmojo
Jalby
Neuronix
Femtochemistry
SilverAngel1110
Engg To Doc
pocwana
Explosivo
Pickle Salt
Wahoo07
relatively prime
CaNEM
kathleeya
smilez428
Sweet Tea
Street Philosopher
simpleG
buglady

Uh, I consider myself to be a 2001 SDNer, but what's a few years.....I'm an aquarius, went to a school very few people have heard of (even the residents of the state the school was in) and like Street Philosopher, I'd love to stay in CA, but I'll settle for anywhere in the continental US.

Bounty
Doctor Octopus
jot
calbears
the boy wonder
freakazoid
lola
drkevin40
bruinmojo
Jalby
Neuronix
Femtochemistry
SilverAngel1110
Engg To Doc
pocwana
Explosivo
Pickle Salt
Wahoo07
relatively prime
CaNEM
kathleeya
smilez428
Sweet Tea
Street Philosopher
simpleG
buglady
mws99

I'm a traditional applicant who went to a crappy no name school, so we'll find out if the adcoms hold that against me.

Originally posted by Tweetie_bird
can anybody beat 34 schools... :D I can't even remember the names of all of them. :(

I was applying to 36 schools... but I forced myself to cut it down to 25. I'm going to miss those other 11 :(

girl,
with your stats...you could only apply to 5 schools and bet on a horse that you'll get into 3 of them.

Ok, before anybody jumps on me with statistics and logistics of getting into med schools for cali residents let me tell ya NO FLAMES PLEASE!! I am only exaggerating to make my point. :D

i'm applying to 25 as well. i thought 25 was a lot!! guess not...

Bounty
Doctor Octopus
jot
calbears
the boy wonder
freakazoid
lola
drkevin40
bruinmojo
Jalby
Neuronix
Femtochemistry
SilverAngel1110
Engg To Doc
pocwana
Explosivo
Pickle Salt
Wahoo07
relatively prime
CaNEM
kathleeya
smilez428
Sweet Tea
Street Philosopher
Nogpa

I graduated with a B.S. from The Evergreen State College in Washington state. I'm almost certainly applying to too few schools, but it's a calculated(maybe poorly calculated) risk that I'm willing to take. Good times.

Doctor Octopus
jot
calbears
the boy wonder
freakazoid
lola
drkevin40
bruinmojo
Jalby
Neuronix
Femtochemistry
SilverAngel1110
Engg To Doc
pocwana
Explosivo
Pickle Salt
Wahoo07
relatively prime
CaNEM
kathleeya
smilez428
Sweet Tea
Street Philosopher
Nogpa
Tweetie_bird

Somehow tweetie got left out :(

Bounty
Doctor Octopus
jot
calbears
the boy wonder
freakazoid
lola
drkevin40
bruinmojo
Jalby
Neuronix
Femtochemistry
SilverAngel1110
Engg To Doc
pocwana
Explosivo
Pickle Salt
Wahoo07
relatively prime
CaNEM
kathleeya
smilez428
Sweet Tea
Street Philosopher
Nogpa
standoc

Hey everyone,

I've been lurking in the shadows myself in SDN for about a year now. I'm going to be a senior at stanford next year, and I put down 29 schools on AMCAS....but I'm guessing I'll probably finish about 20 secondaries. Good luck to everyone else applying this year

-Standoc

Bounty
bruinmojo
calbears
CaNEM
chak_de_phatee
Doctor Octopus
drkevin40
Engg To Doc
Explosivo
Femtochemistry
freakazoid
Jalby
kathleeya
jot
lola
Neuronix
Nogpa
Pickle Salt
pocwana
relatively prime
SilverAngel1110
smilez428
standoc
Street Philosopher
Sweet Tea
the boy wonder
Wahoo07

Hi Guys,
I just took the april MCAT and went to berkeley. I am only applying to cali schools.................Good luck to all.

Originally posted by chak_de_phatee
I am only applying to cali schools.................Good luck to all.

You have balls.