2007 classmates?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Incendiary

Fantabulous Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else here deferring a year (or two)?

Members don't see this ad.

I might. It depends on whether I get a fellowship I'm applying to or not. A year away from school would be a nice break, a good opportunity to reflect on what's important in my life and to reignite the fire inside me that has been brutally extinguished by this damn, stupid, expensive, artificial application process.

Are you deferring for sure? What will you do?

I didn't know you were considering deferring. For what fellowship are you applying?

I'm thinking of several things. I'll send you a PM with more details, but most likely I'll teach math or chemistry in high school and start a company with some friends. I need some time to relax and recharge as well.

How about you?

Anyone else? SMW, I know you're out there...

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm thinking of spending a year in Vietnam to work on this NGO that a few friends and I have just founded. Our overall objective is socioeconomic development of Vietnam, and our initial projects involve a scholarship fund and a publication dealing with development issues related to the country. I also want to learn about the health care system over there, because eventually the NGO will probably deal with public health as well.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Cdc28p:
•I'm thinking of spending a year in Vietnam to work on this NGO that a few friends and I have just founded. Our overall objective is socioeconomic development of Vietnam, and our initial projects involve a scholarship fund and a publication dealing with development issues related to the country. I also want to learn about the health care system over there, because eventually the NGO will probably deal with public health as well.•••••Ah, that sounds really cool. What's the NGO called? And what fellowship could you get to fund this expedition? When will you find out?

Good luck!

It's the John Finley Fellowship. I was so sick that I could barely talk at the interview this morning. Failed it for sure.

The NGO is still under wrap. :) We'll publicize it after we get the website and incorporation process done.

Hey, Cdc28p, are you Vietnamese? Are you that Vietnamese guy who went to Harvard for undergrad? I think I visited your website and also the Harvard Vietnamese Club.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Cambrian:
•Hey, Cdc28p, are you Vietnamese? Are you that Vietnamese guy who went to Harvard for undergrad? I think I visited your website and also the Harvard Vietnamese Club.•••••Yup, I'm Vietnamese. But there are quite a few Vietnamese guys at Harvard. :) Are you Vietnamese?

Yeah, I'm Vietnamese. Born in Viet Nam and came to the U.S. in 1989. I remember now, I think you did mention that you were in the Harvard dorm when you got you Harvard acceptance. Congrats by the way. By the way, is your hometown San Jose? That's where I live too.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Cambrian:
•Yeah, I'm Vietnamese. Born in Viet Nam and came to the U.S. in 1989. I remember now, I think you did mention that you were in the Harvard dorm when you got you Harvard acceptance. Congrats by the way. By the way, is your hometown San Jose? That's where I live too.•••••Yes, I'm from San Jose, home of the MLS champions Earthquakes, WUSA champions Cyberays, and soon-to-be NHL champions Sharks!!!

Gotta go back to studying for finals, but drop me a PM if you want to chat.