2007 Match Lists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
These schools are often posted on the schools' webpages with names included.
That should be left to the school's discretion, not to a student's. Many times schools make two lists--one with names only for internal use and another without names to be circulated.

Members don't see this ad.

That should be left to the school's discretion, not to a student's. Many times schools make two lists--one with names only for internal use and another without names to be circulated.

Leaving the names on these lists is FINE.

Here is U Rochesters match list for 2006 (got this through a google search) - they published the names last year so I am sure they will this year: http://www.urmc.rochester.edu/smd/alumni/match06.cfm

Does anyone have Penn States match list???

Uhhh...the only way you can match is if you're ranked by the program to begin with.

There's no secret way to game the match. You can't ensure that you'll match by re-arranging your rank order list. If you're going to match, you're going to match regardless of where you rank programs. See the link I posted earlier.

Dude I know how the match works - I was just saying that it can be complicated to understand. You sure do know a lot about the match and want to give all this advice and you are not even in medical school yet.

Bottom line - rank the programs in the order that YOU want to go to them. In the end it doesn't matter too much how you rank them but, it absolutely can. You will kill yourself trying to figure out why but, it is true and the order your rank your programs DOES matter.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dude I know how the match works - I was just saying that it can be complicated to understand. You sure do know a lot about the match and want to give all this advice and you are not even in medical school yet.

Bottom line - rank the programs in the order that YOU want to go to them. In the end it doesn't matter too much how you rank them but, it absolutely can. You will kill yourself trying to figure out why but, it is true and the order your rank your programs DOES matter.

What do you mean? I thought you ended up at the program that you rank the highest out of the programs that have a place for you. That is, they try to place you at your #1 ranked program, and if that program ranks you too low to get a spot, they try #2 and so on. Moving around your rank list doesn't change how programs rank you or how far down their list they need to go to fill their spots.
I was under the impression that your rank order should be your true order of preference regardless of what you think your chances are. The schools rank the most desirable applicants thereby offering them spots. It is then the student's preferences that determine where they match.
Am I wrong?

"Dude," you apparently don't know how the match works. Yes, I do know a lot about the Match because I've read and researched a lot and talked to a lot of people about it. Your rank order does NOT matter if you match, only WHERE. (Read the NRMP website.) You rank at the highest place that has a spot open for you.

Go read any of the residency forums. A lot have FAQs to address this very issue.

What do you mean? I thought you ended up at the program that you rank the highest out of the programs that have a place for you. That is, they try to place you at your #1 ranked program, and if that program ranks you too low to get a spot, they try #2 and so on. Moving around your rank list doesn't change how programs rank you or how far down their list they need to go to fill their spots.
I was under the impression that your rank order should be your true order of preference regardless of what you think your chances are. The schools rank the most desirable applicants thereby offering them spots. It is then the student's preferences that determine where they match.
Am I wrong?
You understand it perfectly. He doesn't know what he's talking about.

It irritates me when people spit the line "oh well you're not in medical school yet so you don't know anything."

Fellas, its not like we'll magically know everything about the med process once we're in med school.

If it's posted online for everyone to see on the school's website, then it's fair game to post here in my mind.

If it's posted online for everyone to see on the school's website, then it's fair game to post here in my mind.
Fair enough. I guess I just error on the side of caution when it comes to privacy issues.

I desperately want to "match" into a non-medical residency.
But can it be done without an HMS/Yale/insert-brand-name-here degree??
I am sure you can, but from my limited knowledge the business and law world is very name-brand heavy. so yes, but it will be harder.

I'm sorry, this is probably really naive -- what kind of residency program would you enter into if you wanted to do:

hematology/oncology
vascular surgery
surgical oncology
transplant surgery
cardiac surgery

Not that I necessarily want to do any of these, but I'm just confused about how this all works. I'm assuming the last three fall under general surgery? And then do you do a fellowship after residency, or do you have to decide to specialize in, say, tranplant surgery right out the door?

I'm sorry, this is probably really naive -- what kind of residency program would you enter into if you wanted to do:

hematology/oncology
vascular surgery
surgical oncology
transplant surgery
cardiac surgery

Not that I necessarily want to do any of these, but I'm just confused about how this all works. I'm assuming the last three fall under general surgery? And then do you do a fellowship after residency, or do you have to decide to specialize in, say, tranplant surgery right out the door?

I think Hem/Onc is a subspecialty in Internal Medicine. The rest on that list are surgical subspecialties, so I think you're right about General Surgery.
I was told (by my interviewer at Vandy) that sometimes you need to apply for fellowships a couple years in advance, rather than the year before (like med school and residency). Does anyone know about this?

internal medicine for heme/onc

general surgery for the others

yes, your list is all fellowships which are done after residency

hematology/oncology
vascular surgery
surgical oncology
transplant surgery
cardiac surgery

hematology/oncology - IM residency followed by heme/onc fellowship
vascular surgery - gen surg followed by vascular fellowship. But they are starting a small number of integrated vascular surgery residencies now. Only a handful though.
surgical oncology - gen surg followed by surg onc fellowship
transplant surgery - gen surg followed by transplant fellowship
cardiac surgery - gen surg followed by CT fellowship. Same with vascular--they are starting a limited number of integrated cardiac residencies (where you match into CT surgery out of med school).

Members don't see this ad :)

hematology/oncology
vascular surgery
surgical oncology
transplant surgery
cardiac surgery

don't go into CT surgery. it's a dying field.

It irritates me when people spit the line "oh well you're not in medical school yet so you don't know anything."

Fellas, its not like we'll magically know everything about the med process once we're in med school.

I didn't say that you know NOTHING about the match because you are not in medical school. But, having been through it and matched it is a little easier to understand the process. Just like if a high school student was trying to say they know more then you about medical school applications.

Here is an example. Milkofamnesia stated, "There's no secret way to game the match. You can't ensure that you'll match by re-arranging your rank order list. If you're going to match, you're going to match regardless of where you rank programs. See the link I posted earlier."

AnEyeLikeMars you are right. The match algorithm will try and match you at number 1 --> number 2 --> number 3 and so on until a match is made (or not)

It does matter how you rank them.

I've heard this, but why is it dying? What is it being replaced by? I'm assuming people still need to get CT surgery ... no?

Thanks all for the answers.

I've heard this, but why is it dying? What is it being replaced by? I'm assuming people still need to get CT surgery ... no?

Thanks all for the answers.
Interventional cardiology is taking a lot of the cases, as they're moving away from heart surgery to less invasive procedures.

Thank you. Please keep spreading this rumor around. You hear that everyone? Don't go into CT surgery!

Here is an example. Milkofamnesia stated, "There's no secret way to game the match. You can't ensure that you'll match by re-arranging your rank order list. If you're going to match, you're going to match regardless of where you rank programs. See the link I posted earlier."

AnEyeLikeMars you are right. The match algorithm will try and match you at number 1 --> number 2 --> number 3 and so on until a match is made (or not)

The order you rank programs determines WHERE you will match, not WHETHER you will match.

Milk had it right. And if he isn't in medical school, then big ups. He understands it better than many 4th year students submitting their ROL to the NRMP.

Interventional cardiology is taking a lot of the cases, as they're moving away from heart surgery to less invasive procedures.

Not sure how long this will last. Recent studies have questioned the long-term efficacy of stenting. Better medical management is another factor.

Milk had it right. And if he isn't in medical school, then big ups. He understands it better than many 4th year students submitting their ROL to the NRMP.
Thanks, man. I've spent a lot of time researching it.

And I'm still pre-med, technically I guess. I start at Baylor in July.

Anybody have UCSF's? Feel free to PM me and let me know.

Only in terms of maximizing your chances of going to a program you like. You should rank programs in order of your preference, period. End of story. People keep spreading this BS that your ability to match is based on the order you put the programs. I'm sure there are people out there who matched into programs they liked less than other, who might have gotten into the one they liked better if they had only ranked it higher (in order of their preference).

You seem to think that if you rank a program last it will already be filled by other people, or that if you rank it first you will keep that spot regardless of where you are on the program's rank list. If the program you ranked last ranks you number one and no other program wants you, you will match at the last program. If program B ranks you number 11 (and they have ten spots), even if you rank it number one you won't go there unless at least one of those other 10 doesn't go there (by matching at a place they like better). If you like program A more than you like program B, but you list program B first because you think it will help your chances in matching, you could end up at program B (lets say 1 of the other 10 liked program C best and matched there) even though you were number 5 out of 5 at program A (and therefore would have matched there if you had ranked it first).

Bottom line, don't pay attention to the people who say you need to rank things in a certain order to maximize your chance of matching at all. You need to rank your preferred places first to maximize your chance of matching at the place you like best.

hey MilkofAmnesia...I have a question since you seem to be an expert on matching.

When I hear of people not matching at all....Is that only because the resident programs didnt even put them on their list ?

hey MilkofAmnesia...I have a question since you seem to be an expert on matching.

When I hear of people not matching at all....Is that only because the resident programs didnt even put them on their list ?

or the students attempting to match didn't put all the places they interviewed at on their list (which is absolutely idiotic)

Any experience with your namesake? Not exactly a well-known drug. I had this gunner-a$$ urology intern pimp me on the wards one day. Bottle of white stuff on a cart- "hey, tell me what that is". Guess he didn't know I was going into gas. And that it's only the most instantly recognizable drug in the world if you are familiar.

Congrats on Baylor! Take it easy on the guys across the street. As I recall, the faculty act like the other side is a nursing school. Hopefully that's changed.

Or that they were too low on the list

Any experience with your namesake? Not exactly a well-known drug. I had this gunner-a$$ urology intern pimp me on the wards one day. Bottle of white stuff on a cart- "hey, tell me what that is". Guess he didn't know I was going into gas. And that it's only the most instantly recognizable drug in the world if you are familiar.

Congrats on Baylor! Take it easy on the guys across the street. As I recall, the faculty act like the other side is a nursing school. Hopefully that's changed.

have you guys heard of Aquavan? its a water-soluble pro-propofol drug. it may take over propofol in the next decade or so (if it passes clinical trials, which looks promising)

or the students attempting to match didn't put all the places they interviewed at on their list (which is absolutely idiotic)

If a student visits/interviews at a program and absolutely cannot see themselves being remotely happy there, then they SHOULD NOT RANK IT, plain and simple. Some fields you have this luxury and others you do not (read: rad onc, derm, or plastics) and you have to rank a lot of places to make sure you match. You need to decide if you want to go unmatched or be unhappy for 3-7 years at a program you hate.

There could be a few reasons why someone didn't match. Keep in mind that these reasons are intertwined and in combo, will explain why you did not match.

1. You didn't rank enough programs. There are now published numbers put out by the NRMP that will tell you on average how many programs people who matched into their field of choice ranked. The number of programs you rank depends on your "competitiveness" as an applicant and to what field you are applying. For pathology, most people rank somewhere around 8-10 programs, whereas for radiology people say that you will most likely match if you rank 12-15 programs.

2. You were not ranked high enough (or at all) to match at the programs you did rank. Simply, there were other more desirable candidates that programs wanted. For example, a program A is offering 5 spots. Out of all the people interviewed, you are placed at #6 on program A's list. You rank program A #1. You WILL NOT match there unless one of the other 5 applicants ranks another program, ie program B, higher than program A on their list. If all 5 applicants that program A has ranked higher than you end up there, then the algorithm then moves down to the #2 program on your list and things start all over. If this happens at all the programs you rank, then you will not be matched. This is why it is important to have enough programs on your rank list. Clear as mud, right?

OBSTETRICS/GYNECOLOGY (10)
Virginia Commonwealth U Hlth Sys-VA
New York University-NY
Baylor Coll Med-Houston-TX
Carolinas Med Ctr-NC
Duke Univ Med Ctr-NC
Franklin Square Hoso-MD
Albany Med Ctr Hosp-NY
Maricopa Med Ctr-AZ
UMDNJ-New Jersey Med-Newark-NJ
Naval Hospital-Portsmouth-VA

EMERGENCY MEDICINE (12)
Albany Med Ctr Hosp-NY
U Maryland Med Ctr-MD
Johns Hopkins Hosp-MD
Temple Univ Hosp-PA
St Lukes-Bethlehem-PA
Brooklyn Hosp Ctr-NY
UCLA Medical Center-CA
Christiana Care-DE
Baystate Med Ctr-MA
Brooklyn Hosp Ctr- NY

PEDIATRICS (10)
Greenville Hosp Sys-SC
Childrens Hosp-LA-CA
St Christophers Hosp-PA
Yale-New Haven Hosp-CT
Childrens Hospital-Phila-PA
U North Carolina Hospitals-NC
Massachusetts Gen Hosp-MA
Eastern VA Med School-VA
Duke Univ Med Ctr-NC

ORTHOPEDIC SURGERY (2)
U Rochester/Strong Mem-NY
Walter Reed Army Medical Ctr-DC

FAMILY MEDICINE (12)
Chippenham Med Ctr-VA
Spartanburg Reg Healthcare-SC
Boston Univ Med Ctr-MA
Prov Milwaukie Hosp-OR
VCU-Shenandoah Valley-VA
Lancaster Gen Hosp-PA
Moses H Cone Mem Hosp-NC
UC Davis Med Ctr-CA
Ball Memorial Hosp-IN
UC Irvine Med Ctr-CA
Naval Hospital-Bremerton-WV
Riverside Reg Med Ctr-VA

RADIOLOGY-DX (7)
Yale-New Haven Hosp-CT
Virginia Commonwealth U Hlth Sys-VA PGY2
Wake Forest Baptist Med Ctr-NC
U Southern California-CA

MEDICINE/PEDIATRICS (4)
Greenville Hosp Sys-SC
Jackson Memorial Hosp-FL

SURGERY
Medical University of SC-SC Preliminary
University of Hawaii- HI Preliminary
Univ of Chicago Med Ctr-IL
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Med Ctr-NH (Vascular Surgery)
Orlando Reg Healthcare-FL Preliminary
Virginia Commonwealth U Hlth Sys-VA Preliminary
U Illinois COM-Chicago-IL
UPMC Medical Education Prog-PA Preliminary
Eastern VA Med School-VA
Washington Hosp Ctr-DC
Western Pennsylvania Hosp-PA Preliminary
Hershey Med Ctr/Penn State-PA Preliminary
U Florida Prog-Shands Hosp-FL Preliminary

TRANSITIONAL (5)
Riverside Reg Med Ctr-VA
U Tenn Grad SOM-Knoxville-TN
Lehigh Valley Hosp-PA
Metrowest-Framingham-MA
Georgetown Univ Hosp-DC

PLASTIC SURGERY (3)
U Kansas SOM-Kansas City-KS
U Kentucky Med Ctr-KY

ANESTHESIOLOGY (14)
Caritas St. Elizabeths Med Ctr-MA PGY2
UC San Francisco-CA PGY2
U Arkansas-Little Rock-AK
U Southern California-CA PGY2
U Tenn Grad SOM-Knoxville-TN PGY2
NYP Hosp-Columbia Univ Med Ctr-NY PGY2
UPMC Medical Education Prog-PA PGY2
Johns Hopkins Hosp-MD PGY2

DERMATOLOGY (3)
Mayo School of Grad Med Educ-FL PGY2

INTERNAL MEDICINE
U Southern California
George Washington Univ-DC
Rush University Med Ctr-IL
UMDNJ-R W Johnson-Piscataway-NJ
Washington Hosp Ctr-DC Preliminary
Johns Hopkins/Sinai-MD Preliminary
Long Island Coll Hosp-NY Preliminary
St. Marys Medical Ctr-CA Preliminary
U Maryland Med Ctr-MD
Rhode Island Hosp/Brown U-RI
UPMC Medical Education Prog-PA
Virginia Commonwealth U Hlth Sys-VA Women’s Health
Summa Health/NEOUCOM-OH
U Colorado SOM-Denver
NYP Hosp-Weill Cornell Med Ctr-NY
Duke Univ Med Ctr-NC
U Colorado SOM-Denver-CO
NYP Hosp-Columbia Univ Med Ctr-NY
Queens Hosp/Mt. Sinai-NY Preliminary
Cleveland Clinic Fdn-OH
UC Irvine Med Ctr-CA
UPMC Medical Education Prog-PA Womens Health
Loma Linda University-CA
Santa Clara Valley MC-CA
Alameda Co Med Ctr-CA Primary
Yale-New Haven Hosp-CT
Yale-New Haven Hosp-CT
Georgetown Univ Hosp-DC
Kaiser Permanente-So CA Region-CA Preliminary
Union Memorial Hosp-MD Preliminary
U Colorado SOM-Denver-CO Preliminary
U Maryland Med Ctr-MD Preliminary
UC Irvine Med Ctr-CA Preliminary
U Arizona Affil Hosps-AZ
Yale-New Haven Hosp-CT
Case Western/Univ Hosps Cleveland-OH
U Maryland Med Ctr
Lackland AFB-TX

PSYCHIATRY (4)
UCLA Semel Inst for Neuroscience-CA
Lackland AFB-TX

PHYSICAL MEDICINE AND REHAB (6)
Mt. Sinai Hospital-NY PGY2
Stanford Univ Progs-CA PGY2
U Colorado SOM-Denver-CO PGY2
Mt Sinai Hospital-NY PGY2

PATHOLOGY (2)
Emory Univ SOM-GA
Medical University of SC-SC

UROLOGY (3)
Med Univ of South Carolina-Charleston-SC
Univ of Florida College of Med-Gainesville-FL

NEUROSURGERY (2)
U Pittsburgh-PA

NEUROLOGY (5)
UC San Diego Med Ctr-CA PGY2
Baylor Coll Med-Houston-TX PGY2
UC Davis Med Ctr-CA PGY2
UC Irvine Med Ctr-CA PGY2

OPHTHALMOLOGY (3)
Henry Ford Hospital-Detroit-MI
New York Eye & Ear Infirmary-NY

OTOLARYNGOLOGY (3)
UCLA Medical Center-CA PGY2
University Hosp-Cincinnati-OH PGY2

UncleHarvey is quite credible. Columbia has arguably the best reputation among schools for neurology/neurological surgery. I think Pitt may have matched 2 people there last year.

What are some other schools with great reputations for neurology/neurological surgery? Thanks.

OBSTETRICS/GYNECOLOGY (10)
New York University-NY
Carolinas Med Ctr-NC
Duke Univ Med Ctr-NC
Franklin Square Hoso-MD
Albany Med Ctr Hosp-NY
Maricopa Med Ctr-AZ
UMDNJ-New Jersey Med-Newark-NJ
Naval Hospital-Portsmouth-VA

EMERGENCY MEDICINE (12)
Albany Med Ctr Hosp-NY
U Maryland Med Ctr-MD
Johns Hopkins Hosp-MD
Temple Univ Hosp-PA
St Lukes-Bethlehem-PA
Brooklyn Hosp Ctr-NY
UCLA Medical Center-CA
Christiana Care-DE
Baystate Med Ctr-MA
Brooklyn Hosp Ctr- NY

PEDIATRICS (10)
Greenville Hosp Sys-SC
Childrens Hosp-LA-CA
St Christophers Hosp-PA
Yale-New Haven Hosp-CT
Childrens Hospital-Phila-PA
Massachusetts Gen Hosp-MA
Eastern VA Med School-VA
Duke Univ Med Ctr-NC

ORTHOPEDIC SURGERY (2)

FAMILY MEDICINE (12)
Chippenham Med Ctr-VA
Spartanburg Reg Healthcare-SC
Boston Univ Med Ctr-MA
Prov Milwaukie Hosp-OR
VCU-Shenandoah Valley-VA
Lancaster Gen Hosp-PA
Moses H Cone Mem Hosp-NC
UC Davis Med Ctr-CA
Ball Memorial Hosp-IN
UC Irvine Med Ctr-CA
Naval Hospital-Bremerton-WV
Riverside Reg Med Ctr-VA

RADIOLOGY-DX (7)
Yale-New Haven Hosp-CT
U Southern California-CA

MEDICINE/PEDIATRICS (4)
Greenville Hosp Sys-SC
Jackson Memorial Hosp-FL

SURGERY
Medical University of SC-SC Preliminary
University of Hawaii- HI Preliminary
Univ of Chicago Med Ctr-IL
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Med Ctr-NH (Vascular Surgery)
Orlando Reg Healthcare-FL Preliminary
UPMC Medical Education Prog-PA Preliminary
Eastern VA Med School-VA
Washington Hosp Ctr-DC
Western Pennsylvania Hosp-PA Preliminary
Hershey Med Ctr/Penn State-PA Preliminary
U Florida Prog-Shands Hosp-FL Preliminary

TRANSITIONAL (5)
Riverside Reg Med Ctr-VA
U Tenn Grad SOM-Knoxville-TN
Lehigh Valley Hosp-PA
Metrowest-Framingham-MA
Georgetown Univ Hosp-DC

PLASTIC SURGERY (3)
U Kansas SOM-Kansas City-KS
U Kentucky Med Ctr-KY

ANESTHESIOLOGY (14)
Caritas St. Elizabeths Med Ctr-MA PGY2
UC San Francisco-CA PGY2
U Arkansas-Little Rock-AK
U Southern California-CA PGY2
U Tenn Grad SOM-Knoxville-TN PGY2
NYP Hosp-Columbia Univ Med Ctr-NY PGY2
UPMC Medical Education Prog-PA PGY2

DERMATOLOGY (3)
Mayo School of Grad Med Educ-FL PGY2

INTERNAL MEDICINE
U Southern California
Rush University Med Ctr-IL
UMDNJ-R W Johnson-Piscataway-NJ
Johns Hopkins/Sinai-MD Preliminary
Long Island Coll Hosp-NY Preliminary
St. Marys Medical Ctr-CA Preliminary
U Maryland Med Ctr-MD
Rhode Island Hosp/Brown U-RI
Summa Health/NEOUCOM-OH
U Colorado SOM-Denver
Duke Univ Med Ctr-NC
U Colorado SOM-Denver-CO
NYP Hosp-Columbia Univ Med Ctr-NY
Queens Hosp/Mt. Sinai-NY Preliminary
Cleveland Clinic Fdn-OH
UC Irvine Med Ctr-CA
UPMC Medical Education Prog-PA Womens Health
Loma Linda University-CA
Santa Clara Valley MC-CA
Alameda Co Med Ctr-CA Primary
Yale-New Haven Hosp-CT
Yale-New Haven Hosp-CT
Georgetown Univ Hosp-DC
Kaiser Permanente-So CA Region-CA Preliminary
Union Memorial Hosp-MD Preliminary
U Colorado SOM-Denver-CO Preliminary
U Maryland Med Ctr-MD Preliminary
UC Irvine Med Ctr-CA Preliminary
U Arizona Affil Hosps-AZ
Yale-New Haven Hosp-CT
Case Western/Univ Hosps Cleveland-OH
U Maryland Med Ctr
Lackland AFB-TX

PSYCHIATRY (4)
UCLA Semel Inst for Neuroscience-CA
Lackland AFB-TX

PHYSICAL MEDICINE AND REHAB (6)
Mt. Sinai Hospital-NY PGY2
Stanford Univ Progs-CA PGY2
U Colorado SOM-Denver-CO PGY2
Mt Sinai Hospital-NY PGY2

PATHOLOGY (2)
Emory Univ SOM-GA
Medical University of SC-SC

UROLOGY (3)
Med Univ of South Carolina-Charleston-SC
Univ of Florida College of Med-Gainesville-FL

NEUROSURGERY (2)
U Pittsburgh-PA

NEUROLOGY (5)
UC San Diego Med Ctr-CA PGY2
Baylor Coll Med-Houston-TX PGY2
UC Davis Med Ctr-CA PGY2
UC Irvine Med Ctr-CA PGY2

OPHTHALMOLOGY (3)
Henry Ford Hospital-Detroit-MI
New York Eye & Ear Infirmary-NY

OTOLARYNGOLOGY (3)
UCLA Medical Center-CA PGY2
University Hosp-Cincinnati-OH PGY2

Why do you think nobody matched into Radiation Oncology from VCU this year. Also on another note, I heard something about VCU's Radiation Oncologydepartment not filling any of their 3 available residency spots this year through the Match process. Is there any truth to this rumor?

Why do you think nobody matched into Radiation Oncology from VCU this year. Also on another note, I heard something about VCU's Radiation Oncologydepartment not filling any of their 3 available residency spots this year through the Match process. Is there any truth to this rumor?

First, don't quote the whole post.

Second, go to the RadOnc forum below for your answer.

hi all,

someone may have already done this, but has someone made a 3D graph with all the schools and their matchlists compared to see how different they are? even it was done for only 4 or 5 schools? if not can someone do this? if it has already been done can someone show me the link?

hi all,

someone may have already done this, but has someone made a 3D graph with all the schools and their matchlists compared to see how different they are? even it was done for only 4 or 5 schools? if not can someone do this? if it has already been done can someone show me the link?

Is this some kind of joke? Man, I knew Pre-meds are borderline neurotic, but this takes the cake.

Pray, tell me what such a graph could tell you about a certain med school. Just a word of advice- don't put too much weight into these match results. As a matter of fact, don't put any weight into them. Chances are, 90% of you will change your chosen specialty 2-3 times during med school anyways, so choosing whatever school based on their numbers matching into Rad-Onc is unlikely to yield you any competitive advantage. Besides, many schools have unpredictable variations from year to year. My school, for example, had a 20% match rate into Peds this year. Why? Who the F knows. Anesthesia was less popular than before, blah blah blah. It really doesn't mean anything.

I can tell you that the prestige of a certain school is so low on the heirerarchy of what most residency programs look at to be almost negligible. Really want to take control of your future? Do well in school. Do well on the boards. Practice your interviewing techniques. Eliminate all perceptible character flaws. Buy a nice suit.

Is this some kind of joke? Man, I knew Pre-meds are borderline neurotic, but this takes the cake.

Pray, tell me what such a graph could tell you about a certain med school. Just a word of advice- don't put too much weight into these match results. As a matter of fact, don't put any weight into them. Chances are, 90% of you will change your chosen specialty 2-3 times during med school anyways, so choosing whatever school based on their numbers matching into Rad-Onc is unlikely to yield you any competitive advantage. Besides, many schools have unpredictable variations from year to year. My school, for example, had a 20% match rate into Peds this year. Why? Who the F knows. Anesthesia was less popular than before, blah blah blah. It really doesn't mean anything.

I can tell you that the prestige of a certain school is so low on the heirerarchy of what most residency programs look at to be almost negligible. Really want to take control of your future? Do well in school. Do well on the boards. Practice your interviewing techniques. Eliminate all perceptible character flaws. Buy a nice suit.

bertlemen, it seems like this has hit a senstive spot with you. i didnt say anything about a schools prestige in my post, you put that idea forth. infact i didnt even say how id interpret those results. :laugh: maybe you ought to simma down

bertlemen, it seems like this has hit a senstive spot with you. i didnt say anything about a schools prestige in my post, you put that idea forth. infact i didnt even say how id interpret those results. :laugh: maybe you ought to simma down

Prestige may have been a bad word choice. You can't deny the point of this thread, though, which is to compare match lists to somehow improve your chance of matching X specialty based on a school's name. I'm just saying that is generally not considered worthwhile.

And no, you didn't hit a sore spot. I just think it is ridiculous to make a 3D graph. Seriously. Better yet, it is presumptious to ask others to provide said graph. The data is here, it's up to you to produce. But since you offered, how do you intend to analyze the result??

Does somebody have Stanford's Match list??

I scanned through the lists quickly. I am sorry if it is already posted.

::bump::

Anybody have the matchlist for UCSF or Columbia?

I know it's been asked for a couple of times already, but does anyone have it? Dying to see!! :smuggrin:

Texas A&M?

Anesthesiology (6)
Texas A&M/Scott&White (2)
Oregon Health & Science U Hosp
UT Southwestern
UTMB
UT Houston

Dermatology (1)
Texas A&M/Scott&White

Emergency Medicine (5)
Hershey/Penn State U
Texas A&M/Scott&White
Christus Spohn Hospital
U Illinois/ Peoria
Case Western

Family Med (6)
Fam Med Brazos Valley
Northern New Mexico
McLennan County
UCLA Med Center
Wake Forest
Naval Hospital

Gen Surgery (5)
Mayo/Scottsdale
St John/Detroid
U Cincinnati
Baylor University MC
Natl Naval Medical Center

Int Medicine (15)
Texas A&M/Scott&White (5)
UTSA
Naval Med Center
Ceders-Sinai Med Center
Boston U Med Center
Mayo Rochester
Loyola U Med Cent
Dartmouth-Hitchcock
Indiana U
UT Southwestern
Wake Forest

Med-Peds (2)
UTMB
U Missouri/Columbia

Neuro Surgery (1)
U of South Florida

Ob/Gyn (6)
John Peter Smith
Baylor U M C (2)
Banner Good Samaritan
St Louis U
Brigham & Women’s

Ophthalmology (2)
Texas A&M/Scott&White
U of Florida

Orthopaedic Surg (4)
U of Kansas (Wichita)
St Louis U
U of Toronto
Texas A&M/Scott&White

ENT (1)
WashU/Barnes Jewish

Pediatrics (9)
Vanderbilt
Texas A&M/Scott&White
U of MO/Kansas City
Child Hosp LA
Child Hosp Orange Co
UTSA
U Kentucky
Texas Tech
UT Houston

Plastic Surg (1)
Texas A&M/Scott&White

Psychiatry (5)
Yale
Georgetown
Texas A&M/Scott&White (2)
U Maryland-Sheppard Pratt

Rad Oncology (1)
U of Utah

Surg Prelim (3)
Mayo Rochester
Staten Island U
U Missouri

Urology (1)
Texas A&M/Scott&White

NYMC 2007:

Family Practice (7):
Contra Costa County-CA
Memorial Hosp. of Rhode Island Brown - RI
Montefiore/Einstein Affil. Hosps Einstein - (Yeshiva)
Shadyside Hospital Pittsburgh, Univ. - PA
Swedish Hosp. Med. Ctr. Washington - Seattle
UVM/Fletcher Allen Vermont - Burlington
White Memorial Med Ctr Loma Linda - CA

Pediatrics (24):
Children's Hosp. of Orange Co. (2) California - L.A.
Childrens Hosp. Natl. Med. Ctr. George Washington - DC
Childrens Hospital Oakland (2) California, S.F.
Childrens Memorial Hospital Northwestern - Chicago
Cincinnati Childrens Hosp MC-OH Cincinnati - OH
Jackson Memorial Hospital Miami - FL
Loma Linda Univ. Med. Center Loma Linda - CA
Montefiore/Einstein Affil. Hosps (2) Einstein - (Yeshiva)
New England Medical Ctr. Hosp. Tufts - Boston
North Shore-LIJ Health Sys-NY (3) Einstein
NY Med. Coll. - West. Co. Med. C (2) New York Med. Coll.
NYP Hosp-Colum Presby-NY Columbia P&S - NY
Stony Brook Teaching Hosps. S.U.N.Y. - Stony Brook SUNY at Buffalo Grad. Med./Dent. S.U.N.Y. - Buffalo
U.C.L.A. Medical Center California - L.A.
Univ. of CA-Irvine Medical Cente California - Irvine
USC Med Center Southern California

Internal Medicine (42):
Albany Medical College Albany - NY
Beth Israel Deaconess Med Ctr Harvard - MA
Beth Israel Medical Center Einstein │
Emory Univ. School of Medicine Emory - GA
Georgetown University Hospital Georgetown - DC
Greenwich Hospital Yale - CT
Harbor-UCLA Med Ctr California - L.A.
Hennepin County Medical Ctr. Minnesota - Minneapoli
Kaiser Perman. Med. Ctr. LA/CA
Long Island Jewish Med. Ctr. Einstein
Maine Medical Center Vermont - Burlington
Mayo Graduate School of Med. Mayo Medical - MN
North Shore University Hosp. New York University
NY Med. Coll. - West. Co. Med. C New York Med. Coll.
Olive View Medical Center California - L.A.
Olive View Medical Center California - L.A.
Oregon Health & Science Univ. Oregon - Portland
Santa Clara Valley Med. Ctr. Stanford, CA
St. Vincents Hosp - Manh New York Med. Coll.
Stony Brook Teaching Hosps. S.U.N.Y. - Stony Brook
The Mount Sinai Hospital Mount Sinai - NY
The New York Hosp. Cornell Cornell - NY
The Staten Island U Hospital S.U.N.Y. - H.S.C. at B
U Rochester/Strong Memorial Rochester - NY
U.W. Hospital and Clinics Wisconsin - Madison
Univ North Carolina Sch of Med North Carolina - Chape
Univ of Hawaii Hawaii - Honolulu
Univ. of Michigan Hosps. Michigan - Ann Arbor
USC Med Center Southern California -
Yale Univ Sch of Med Yale - CT

Dermatology (1):
Einstein/Montefiore Med Ctr-N

Neurology (8):
New England Med Ctr-MA
Westchester Med Ctr-NY
B I Deaconess Med Ctr-MA
UMDNJ-New Jersey Med-Newark
Univ North Carolina Hospitals
UC Irvine Med Ctr-CA
U Maryland Med Ctr

Opthalmology (3):
Univ of California - San Diego
NYMC Brooklyn & Queens
U Miami/Bascom Palmer

Psych (3):
Naval Medical Center
St. Lukes-Roosevelt Hosp. Ctr. Columbia P&S - NY

Ob/Gyn (14):
Long Island College Hospital Einstein - (Yeshiva)
Mercy Hospital & Med. Ctr. Illinois - Chicago │
San Diego Naval Med Center California, S.D.
St. Lukes-Roosevelt Hosp. Ctr. Columbia P&S - NY
Stony Brook Teaching Hosps. S.U.N.Y. - Stony Brook
UC San Francisco-Fresno California, S.F.
Univ of Hawaii Hawaii - Honolulu
Univ. of Chicago Hospitals Chicago-Pritzker - IL
Univ. of Colorado Sch. of Med. Colorado - Denver
Univ. of Washington Med Ctr Washington - Seattle
White Memorial Med Ctr Loma Linda - CA

General Surgery (14):
Beth Israel Deaconess Med Ctr Harvard - MA
Good Samaritan Medical Ctr. Arizona - Tuscon
Harbor-UCLA Med Ctr California - L.A.
New England Medical Ctr. Hosp. Tufts - Boston
North Shore-LIJ Health Sys-NY Einstein
North Shore-LIJ Health Sys-NY Einstein
St. Vincents Hosp - Manh New York Med. Coll. -
St. Vincents Hosp - Manh New York Med. Coll. -
Tripler Army Medical Center Hawaii - Honolulu
Tripler Army Medical Center Hawaii - Honolulu
UMDNJ-Robert W. Johnson Med. Sch UMDNJ, R.W.Johnson
Virginia Mason Hosp. Washington - Seattle

Neurosurgery (2):
Loyola University Med. Center Stritch - Loyola - IL
Univ. Hosp. of Cleveland Case Western Reserve

Orthopedics (3):
NY Med. Coll. - West. Co. Med. C New York Med. Coll.
Univ. of Chicago Hospitals Chicago-Pritzker - IL
Yale Univ Sch of Med Yale - CT

ENT (3):
Montefiore/Einstein Affil. Hosps Einstein - (Yeshiva) │
New York Eye and Ear Infirmary New York Med. Coll.
SUNY HSC Brooklyn-NY S.U.N.Y. - H.S.C.

Urology (1):
Univ. of CA-Irvine Medical Cente California - Irvine

Pathology (2):
NYP Hosp-Colum Presby-NY Columbia P&S - NY
New York Hosp. Cornell Cornell - NY

EM (14):
Beth Israel Medical Center Einstein
Lincoln Medical Ctr-NY
Morristown Memorial Hosp. Columbia P&S - NY
SUNY at Buffalo Grad. Med./Dent. S.U.N.Y. - Buffalo
SUNY HSC Brooklyn-NY S.U.N.Y. - H.S.C. at B
The Methodist Hospital S.U.N.Y. - H.S.C. at B
UF Coll of Med-Jacksonville Florida - Gainsville Emergency Univ. of CA-Davis Med. Ctr. California - Davis
Washington Hospital Center George Washington - DC

Gas (11):
UC San Francisco-CA
Mt Sinai Hospital-NY
SUNY HSC Brooklyn-NY
U Washington Affil Hosps
Brigham & Womens Hosp-MA
Westchester Med Ctr-NY
Stanford Univ Progs-CA
UMDNJ, New Jersey Med. Anesthesiology
U Maryland Med Ctr
U Southern California
Wayne State Univ./Detroit Med. C

PM&R (1):
Stanford

Diagnostic Radiology (21):
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Med Ctr-N
Stony Brook Teach Hosps-NY
Maricopa Med Ctr-AZ
Beth Israel Med Ctr-NY
Westchester Med Ctr-NY
UC Davis Med Ctr-Sac-CA
U Southern California
N Shore U-Manhasset-NY
Harlem Hospital Ctr-NY
Westchester Med Ctr-NY
Long Island Coll Hosp-NY
Santa Barbara Cottage Hosp-CA
U Washington Affil Hosps
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
U Southern California
Westchester Med Ctr-NY
U Michigan Hosps-Ann Arbor
Norwalk Hospital-CT
Stony Brook Teach Hosps-NY
Albany Med Ctr Hosp-NY

Radiation Oncology (1):
Loyola Univ Med Ctr-IL

Medicine-Pediatrics (1):

Child Neurology (1):
Albert Einstein Coll. Med.

Has anybody seen a match list for University of Washington?? I haven't even been able to find old match lists for them, except for the few students in their MSTP. Any help for finding lists, new or old, would be appreciated.

A few of those matches are especially impressive; rad onc, couple of the orthos (yale and u of c), the california urology spot, and the bascom ophtho match (wow). Rest of the list is good too, those just shot out at me as impressive/surprising.

yes. stony brook match list please!!!!