2007 MCV Central

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orth2006

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This thread is just to continue the tradition of the great thread that is/was called "2006 VCU Central". For those applying or re-applying to VCU/MCV for the 2007 cycle feel free to make this another great thread.

2006 VCU Central Link --> http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=221729

Good luck

Members don't see this ad.

eerapido said:
This is a very active thread.

It seems most people are still waiting for verification. I know I am. So no VCU secondary yet for me. I am however still on the waitlist for last cycle so perhaps a part of me is not ready to close that chapter yet. SO theres still hope until the very end. 2007 MCV Central thread will take care of itself.

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted the secondary last week...looking back, maybe I should have changed my essay. I wrote a really weird thing about my summer job and I hope they don't read it and think, "wow, what was she smoking?" The word limit was too short for me to say what I really wanted, but hopefully it didn't turn out too badly haha...now I'm just waiting for my letters to get in and then hopefully an interview?

Good luck to everyone!

Erina said:
I submitted the secondary last week...looking back, maybe I should have changed my essay. I wrote a really weird thing about my summer job and I hope they don't read it and think, "wow, what was she smoking?" The word limit was too short for me to say what I really wanted, but hopefully it didn't turn out too badly haha...now I'm just waiting for my letters to get in and then hopefully an interview?

Good luck to everyone!

It happens... Maybe it will make you stand out.

I'm submitting my secondary tonight, hopefully they like my essay. I wrote it about my passion for sports :)

I got this really weird status update this afternoon. I've been complete for about 1.5 weeks now.
"The committee's file review indicates that they would like to consider your file further. We are now in the process of scheduling interviews and will continue to do so through February. Unfortunately, the committee indicates interest in far more candidates than we are able to interview. Since we are dependent on the Committee member's schedules for interview spaces, we are unable to predict when or if we will be able to schedule you this year. Please continue to check this site to learn when further action has been taken. "

DF38 said:
I'm submitting my secondary tonight, hopefully they like my essay. I wrote it about my passion for sports :)

MIne was similar...I talked about being a diehard cubs fan :eek:

i submitted mine early/mid july i think. just sent my letters in on friday though. i can't even remember about what i wrote my essay. i think i try to block these things out as soon as i hit submit.

SeminoleFan3 said:
I got this really weird status update this afternoon. I've been complete for about 1.5 weeks now.
"The committee's file review indicates that they would like to consider your file further. We are now in the process of scheduling interviews and will continue to do so through February. Unfortunately, the committee indicates interest in far more candidates than we are able to interview. Since we are dependent on the Committee member's schedules for interview spaces, we are unable to predict when or if we will be able to schedule you this year. Please continue to check this site to learn when further action has been taken. "

ahh the vague emails begin. don't worry too much about it, if you look at the beginning of the VCU 2006 central thread, you'll find they send a couple of vague emails that say similar things. and don't count yourself out either. i received an email very similar to that and it was followed by an interview invite a couple of weeks later... good luck!

Just got the status update for the secondary application. Im re-taking MCAT next week and I anticipate better luck this cycle.

Fortunately I still have all my essays from last year so most of these secondaries should just be a cake walk. Perhaps a few edits here and there though.

Any MCV re-applicants on here?

how long are they taking to update everyone's status? my letters were sent on 8/1 but still no acknowlegement on the status page... and the 45 day deadline is fast approaching. come on already, change my status to complete!

Members don't see this ad :)
Silence said:
how long are they taking to update everyone's status? my letters were sent on 8/1 but still no acknowlegement on the status page... and the 45 day deadline is fast approaching. come on already, change my status to complete!

i am curious too. i sent my letters in on the 28th and i am still incomplete. grrrrrrrrr. my deadline is approaching quickly as well. i emailed, but they didn't respond. i may resend anyway. anyone with the address?? i misplaced it.

After I submitted my letters electronically through IF, it took less than a week. If you do submit them electronically, they only download them at the beginning and end of the week.

Hi All,

I'm re-applying this year. I applied kinda late last year, got an interview and was wait-listed (in-state). Just sent my AMCAS in on Monday, so we'll see how long it take before I start getting vague emails :D

By the way, I'm using Interfolio for the first time this year. For those who have used it, what do you think.

Thanks!

SeminoleFan3 said:
After I submitted my letters electronically through IF, it took less than a week. If you do submit them electronically, they only download them at the beginning and end of the week.

wait a second.......you can do it electronically?? i know they have MCV in there, but the adress appeared so different from the one on the website that i wasn't sure. so you can submit electronically?????? ahhhhhh

SeminoleFan3 said:
my premed office uses VirtualEvals and it was in the system on 8/1. not sure why they haven't downloaded it yet.

Anyone know the phone number of the admissions office, so I can call and ask them a question about my LOR's?

spospo said:
i am curious too. i sent my letters in on the 28th and i am still incomplete. grrrrrrrrr. my deadline is approaching quickly as well. i emailed, but they didn't respond. i may resend anyway. anyone with the address?? i misplaced it.
Admissions Office
School of Medicine
Virginia Commonwealth University
1101 East Marshall Street
PO Box 980565
Richmond, VA 23298-0565

SeminoleFan3 said:
I submitted electronically, and have been complete since 7/21 or something like that.

okay, well i sent them electronically just about an hour ago. hopefully i will be complete tomorrow or monday. man, i should have just been smarter from the beginning :idea:

Silence said:
my premed office uses VirtualEvals and it was in the system on 8/1. not sure why they haven't downloaded it yet.
My letters have been on VE since 7/18... still not downloaded by VCU, so you're not alone! :)

jillibean said:
My letters have been on VE since 7/18... still not downloaded by VCU, so you're not alone! :)
they must dislike VE or something... when is your deadline? mine is coming up in a week, so i'm going to send them an email if they don't download my file by monday. anyone know what happens if they don't download my letters by the due date?

anyone complete here yet? no one seems to have had their LORs downloaded

TakingBakSunday said:
anyone complete here yet? no one seems to have had their LORs downloaded
i'm complete but my LORs were snail mailed to them.

so for everyone who has received the vague status updates, did you receive the complete status first and then a few weeks later receive the vague-ness?

I too had my letters sent snail mail. One was received and posted in 7 days. The other two have not been posted (but I am not sure as to when they were mailed).

hey guys,
i was one of the waitlisters who heard in late july. we just started class today and the students here are extremely friendly and well-rounded, you will definitely like it here. good luck!! :luck: :luck:

spospo said:
so for everyone who has received the vague status updates, did you receive the complete status first and then a few weeks later receive the vague-ness?

I was complete on 7/21, and got the vague update on 7/31. I'm still in the "vague update" zone.

Dude! I was complete on 7/17 and I haven't even gotten a vague update yet... I suppose they hate me :scared:

I received a secondary from MCV today, but the form says "REFERENCE MD/PhD program" ... I am just applying for the MD program, not for the MD/PhD combo program. Do all of you get the same form, or should I contact MCV ask them if they sent me a wrong form?

Has anyone contacted VCU to tell them that their letters are available online? and if so, did they do anything? i saw a bunch of people on here talking about their deadline coming up.

TakingBakSunday said:
Has anyone contacted VCU to tell them that their letters are available online? and if so, did they do anything? i saw a bunch of people on here talking about their deadline coming up.
i sent them an email this morning but have not received word from them yet.

TakingBakSunday said:
yeah man my deadline is comin up like next week too, if they dont upload from VE, idunno cuz the way its stated on their website, the comp automatically rejects u and then cant do anythin about it if ur not complete by the date...

TakingBakSunday said:
Bump. I know you're all waiting for an answer on this.
ok, i just contacted my prehealth office and they show that VCU downloaded my LORs yesterday, 8/14. they have been on VE since 8/1. my prehealth advisor told me that other applicants have also been complaining to him about VCU. i'm still waiting for the official response from VCU and for their online status page to acknowledge receipt of the letters and to mark me as complete.

Got complete at VCU today. This online Evaluation submission service is great. I had my pre-health commitee upload my LORs last Friday and everything is complete today.

Just waiting for my August scores so they'll probably put my application on hold till then.

just bumping this thread.

still waiting to hear SOMETHING from them.

to those of you who received interviews: when were you complete? and did you receive a status update prior to getting an interview? and what are your interview dates?

i'm going to be traveling that way at the end of september and the middle of october. i'm hoping hoping hoping for an interview and that a convenient day will be available. when is it ok to call and ask about status? i've been complete for nearly a month.

to those of you who received interviews: when were you complete? and did you receive a status update prior to getting an interview? and what are your interview dates?

i'm going to be traveling that way at the end of september and the middle of october. i'm hoping hoping hoping for an interview and that a convenient day will be available. when is it ok to call and ask about status? i've been complete for nearly a month.

I'm having the same problem! I've been complete since 7/17 and haven't heard a thing from them... maybe they forgot us... :rolleyes:

I'm having the same problem! I've been complete since 7/17 and haven't heard a thing from them... maybe they forgot us... :rolleyes:

yeah you would think we'd get some sort of update at least...i read through the 2006 MCV central and it seemed that more people got updates than what has been said this year. or i could just be overreacting :p

either way, i want to know something. and i don't want to be annoying an call (although my luck with wake forest makes it tempting...)

It took a long time for them to download my LORs. Someone mentioned in an earlier thread that they were catching up with applications because of the incoming student orientations. I was complete on 8/15 and was notified on 8/24 via email about a status update. I chose the 9/25 interview date. I am sure you will get your interview soon. Good luck to all!!!!:luck:

Completed App notification (with snail mail LOR's) was 7/24. Interview invite update was sent 8/14. Chose the 9/13 interview date. If anyone else is gonna be there on that day let me know. I'm staying with one of the MS2's instead of a hotel.

Completed App notification (with snail mail LOR's) was 7/24. Interview invite update was sent 8/14. Chose the 9/13 interview date. If anyone else is gonna be there on that day let me know. I'm staying with one of the MS2's instead of a hotel.

Anyone got any advice for the interview? Anyone already had an interview this year that could tell us how it went?

Interview next Monday. I can post some advice after that if you would all like?

Good luck Booswin:)~

Stil waiting on that vague message or invite :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.