## 2008-2009 Application Season ## Post AACOMAS questions HERE!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are you applying for 2009 or 2010 matriculation?

If you absolutely can't find an answer and are just kind of winging it, I guess I'd do the following:

Biol 5A: R001
Biol 5A Lab: R001
Biol 5B w/lab: R002
Biol 5C w/lab: R002

Biol 2: L001
Biol 4: L002

Members don't see this ad.

Are you applying for 2009 or 2010 matriculation?

If you absolutely can't find an answer and are just kind of winging it, I guess I'd do the following:

Biol 5A: R001
Biol 5A Lab: R001
Biol 5B w/lab: R002
Biol 5C w/lab: R002

Biol 2: L001
Biol 4: L002
Thanks. I was planning on listing it that way, however, the units don't match up exactly. I am applying for the 2010 matriculation. The main reason I want to know and the reason I am in a hurry to know, is because I am retaking the Gen. Chem series at a community college. I am running into the same problem and my biggest concern is that AACOMAS will not accept these recent retakes as a repeat course. If I am not able to list the series as a repeat and use grade forgiveness, then I feel as if I'm wasting my time. It would be more beneficial for me to instead take a more challenging class.

Thanks. I was planning on listing it that way, however, the units don't match up exactly. I am applying for the 2010 matriculation. The main reason I want to know and the reason I am in a hurry to know, is because I am retaking the Gen. Chem series at a community college. I am running into the same problem and my biggest concern is that AACOMAS will not accept these recent retakes as a repeat course. If I am not able to list the series as a repeat and use grade forgiveness, then I feel as if I'm wasting my time. It would be more beneficial for me to instead take a more challenging class.

Well you're retaking the whole series, so I don't see why you shouldn't get the whole series replaced. If you went from Q-->S but only made up one class, then things might be difficult. However, since you're replacing the whole series, I don't see why AACOMAS wouldn't allow you to replace the grades. However, I understand your concern for wasting time, so I'd continue trying to contact them. If you ever get a definitive answer on the issue, either now or at some later time, let us know what they say. :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Well you're retaking the whole series, so I don't see why you shouldn't get the whole series replaced. If you went from Q-->S but only made up one class, then things might be difficult. However, since you're replacing the whole series, I don't see why AACOMAS wouldn't allow you to replace the grades. However, I understand your concern for wasting time, so I'd continue trying to contact them. If you ever get a definitive answer on the issue, either now or at some later time, let us know what they say. :luck:
Will do.. :)

In my AACOMAS app I noted that I planned on taking the MCAT for the second time in January. I have since done so and received my scores. Is it necessary for me to have these second set of scores sent to the schools I've applied to for this cycle? I have been offered an interview and am wondering if I really need to update them on these, as I'd much rather not..

In my AACOMAS app I noted that I planned on taking the MCAT for the second time in January. I have since done so and received my scores. Is it necessary for me to have these second set of scores sent to the schools I've applied to for this cycle? I have been offered an interview and am wondering if I really need to update them on these, as I'd much rather not..

Well since you told them you'd be retaking, some schools might be expecting scores and/or waiting to make a final decision until they get them. But if you don't want to make sure they have the new scores, you really don't have to. I don't know if they automatically get the retake scores from AACOMAS or not. Somebody else who did a retake after submitting AACOMAS would have to chime in.

Hey Everyone,

I took Gen Chem, Gen Bio, and Anatomy at the University of Utah. I received C Grades in all of them. I later transferred to University of Texas in Austin and retook the exact same classes and got A's in them. My question is at the University of Utah Gen Bio and Anatomy were 3 credit classes and at University of Texas the classes were worth 4 credits. Will the grades at University of Texas replace the grades that are calculated into the BCPM GPA?

Thanks!

Hey Everyone,

I took Gen Chem, Gen Bio, and Anatomy at the University of Utah. I received C Grades in all of them. I later transferred to University of Texas in Austin and retook the exact same classes and got A's in them. My question is at the University of Utah Gen Bio and Anatomy were 3 credit classes and at University of Texas the classes were worth 4 credits. Will the grades at University of Texas replace the grades that are calculated into the BCPM GPA?

Thanks!

Yes, as long as the credit hours are the same or more, and the last place you took the classes was 4 credits compared to 3 credits.

when does the AMCOMAS application come out, and when is the first day to submit it?

I believe you can start working on it May 1st and submit it starting June 1st.

Now you may move this thread to the AACOMAS Questions thread, CB. :thumbup:

LOL thanks for pointing that out! Kinesiology courses are SCIENCE. Physical Education courses are NON SCIENCE. It's up to the OP to remember if he/she learned in a lecture hall or a Pilates studio! :p

My guess is that these were phys. ed. classes that will count as NON SCIENCE.

Thanks again, 1/2 c. ;)

I remember they were majority exercise classes, BUT we did spend a little less than half of the time listening to lectures and taking notes... :xf: I mean what will happen if aacomas disagrees? How many day/weeks will my verification get delayed?

Last edited:
When filling out aacomas grade and classification, what is audit? Also, I have internships (non credit, non paid) on my transcript and I received a grade of "R", meaning "registered, no grade required", for them from my school... how to I classify them and what aacomas grade do they receive?

When filling out aacomas grade and classification, what is audit? Also, I have internships (non credit, non paid) on my transcript and I received a grade of "R", meaning "registered, no grade required", for them from my school... how to I classify them and what aacomas grade do they receive?

Audit means that you took the class just for "fun." When someone audits a class, they do not recieve any type of grade. A lot of times older people in the community will audit classes just because they are interested in the course content. If you never signed up to audit a class, then chances are that you should not enter your classification as audit.

Sorry, I don't really know anything about your other questions. Maybe someone else can comment. Or you could call AACOMAS and ask them. Good luck!

Thanks! I called and e-mailed a few times the last couple of days with no reply so I just ended up putting pass/fail for grade and classification. Hopefully it won't make a huge difference in the long run. I just wanted to get it submitted:).

Does anyone know if the status on the AACOMAS changes once a school gets your AACOMAS?
I submitted my primary in early June and the status has said "submitted to AACOMAS" for every school since then. Does this change? Or do I need to contact the schools to see if they received my app? Thanks in advance!:)

Does anyone know if the status on the AACOMAS changes once a school gets your AACOMAS?
I submitted my primary in early June and the status has said "submitted to AACOMAS" for every school since then. Does this change? Or do I need to contact the schools to see if they received my app? Thanks in advance!:)

The status will change to "released" once the schools receive your application.

whoops...wrong thread

Last edited: