2008-2009 Letter of Recommendation Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
1. do you guys recommend using the school's letter sending service (which costs more) or Interfolio? really I don't care too much about the costs, I just want the one with reliable service. I have heard good things about Interfolio here while for my school, I haven't heard anything good or bad so.....

2. when is the best year to ask for LOR's if i plan to apply end of my 3rd year? if I start asking sometime in my 2nd year is that too early (since I might have more stuff to put on my resume by my 3rd year)?

3. when asking for a LOR, what do I need to give the prof? a resume and a personal statement? and is the personal statement just explain why I want to go to med school?

thank you soo much!!! :laugh: please help me out

Members don't see this ad.

HI, I just realized that I need a LOR from DO to apply to most of the schools. I dont know any DO but if i start contacting DO now and ask them to get the letter. DO you think it would be late? I dont know how long it would take the whole process--from contacting to getting letter. BUt If I get the letter by like September, would it be late???

HI, I just realized that I need a LOR from DO to apply to most of the schools. I dont know any DO but if i start contacting DO now and ask them to get the letter. DO you think it would be late? I dont know how long it would take the whole process--from contacting to getting letter. BUt If I get the letter by like September, would it be late???

You send letters out with secondaries, not primaries, so if you somehow did get a letter by September, it wouldn't be late.

Regardless, most DO schools do NOT require a DO letter, however most do recommend having one.