*** 2008-2009 Secondary Application Thread ***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the wayne secondary sent via email?

Members don't see this ad.

anyone know when loyola is supposed to be out?

My head is going to explode from the pile of secondaries since Friday.

Members don't see this ad :)
yay just got rosalind franklin and albany today lol

Is there a character limit to Rosalind Franklin?

I hate secondarys, More essays :( ..... I have a headache.

Is there a character limit to Rosalind Franklin?
Just a line limit. RFU's is the most ridiculous secondary I've encountered yet. Save some questions for the interview!

It's out.

No essays, but they have a recommendation form that is "suggested" to be used in lieu of a traditional LOR. Since my profs are taking forever to write mine, I'm gonna pass on that.
This is the last secondary I need to complete, and yet I do not even see it.

Holy Crap this is alotta essays!!!!! Any idea when RUSH is coming out?

Penn State is out, 3 small 50 word essays,

Already submitted, but they were something like:

Have you considered the negative aspects of being a doctor:
What should we be aware of makes you unique:
What made you choose Penn State for medicine:

Sorry for the not so exact wording, it's off the top of my head lol

Penn State is out, 3 small 50 word essays,

Already submitted, but they were something like:

Have you considered the negative aspects of being a doctor:
What should we be aware of makes you unique:
What made you choose Penn State for medicine:

Sorry for the not so exact wording, it's off the top of my head lol

While not exact, those are REALLY close... So if anyone is going to pre-write going based on those would be fine!

Members don't see this ad :)
I think its kind of hilarious that you get 50 words when there are probably at least 20 words that you must include: medicine, penn, state, I, opportunities, research, clinical... how many unique combinations are there really?

Via email:

NYU: Your application is incomplete. You need a letter of recommendation from a science professor. Independent study does not count.

Me: I have one, Dr. X, he taught me in a neuroscience lecture. Doesn't that count or am I missing something?

NYU: .....waiting

Anybody else get anything like this from a school? I mean all the letters are together on VirtualEvals, it shouldn't be that confusing-right?

All hail Penn State for fifty word essays! Thank you!

EDIT: Now the page doesn't work. Let me finish!

Last edited:
Is the Tufts secondary sent via e-mail? If so how long does it take approx. from the time of primary application verification?

All hail Penn State for fifty word essays! Thank you!

EDIT: Now the page doesn't work. Let me finish!

mines not working either.. ugh. 50 words?? how do you answer these questions without sounding like a 5th grader.

It seems like UCSD has updated their status page, so hopefully they're getting ready to send out their secondaries.

Is everyone printing out labels for secondaries you have to mail in yourself? Would handwriting it look unprofessional?

Is everyone printing out labels for secondaries you have to mail in yourself? Would handwriting it look unprofessional?
I doubt they actually look at the envelope honestly. I have been handwriting them.

I'm just writing it out by hand - neatly, of course. I don't think it matters to them if you have labels; they're most likely gonna toss the envelope anyways.

i send them via priority mail if i have to send something beyond 1 sheet of paper. i put them into a manila folder and then into the USPS envelope and write the address by hand and always get delivery confirmation after my FAP documents got lost in the mail.

Is the Tufts secondary sent via e-mail? If so how long does it take approx. from the time of primary application verification?

yes it is sent by email. i got mine about a week after verification.

btw, just wondering but why are you asking about it if you're already accepted? (asking because it says you are already in the class of 2013)

i send them via priority mail if i have to send something beyond 1 sheet of paper. i put them into a manila folder and then into the USPS envelope and write the address by hand and always get delivery confirmation after my FAP documents got lost in the mail.

I had been doing this until yesterday, when I had to mail off my UCSF secondary and I didn't have access to the mailing labels.

Oddly, I ended up writing "San FranCisco." It was already sealed and I didn't want to re-do it. :thumbdown:

I'm definitely going back to printed mailing labels from now on.

anyone else frustrated/confused/etc by how some schools list different addresses in different places within emails/websites/whatever to send your stuff to?

Last edited:
anyone else frustrated/confused/etc by how some schools list different addresses in different places within emails/websites/whaterver to send your stuff to?
oh man! yes!

I've been searching the forums and I've been having a hard time finding an answer to my question. I'm wondering how many schools want to know about your high school academic records (ranks, sat scores, etc.) in their secondary applications. I did fairly well on my standardized tests but my g.p.a. is significantly weaker than my college g.p.a. Wasn't sure if this would come up but I really don't want my high school grades keeping me back from getting into medical school. Thanks.

I've been searching the forums and I've been having a hard time finding an answer to my question. I'm wondering how many schools want to know about your high school academic records (ranks, sat scores, etc.) in their secondary applications. I did fairly well on my standardized tests but my g.p.a. is significantly weaker than my college g.p.a. Wasn't sure if this would come up but I really don't want my high school grades keeping me back from getting into medical school. Thanks.

The only one that asked me was Washington University in St. Louis.

I sent all of my secondaries by standard mail (just dropped into postal mailbox) regardless of how many pages I have and the schools received them just fine; nothing got lost in the mail, so no need for priority mail.

I'm pretty much all done with secondaries! I just have Drexel left. It feels pretty good :)

Anyone heard from UC Davis or LA? I got acknowlegements from SD and Irvine, but not from the others.

Anyone heard from UC Davis or LA? I got acknowlegements from SD and Irvine, but not from the others.

I got UCSD's secondary two seconds ago by email invite. Will update this post.

Since Shemarty is so on top of things, I'm sure she has already updated the UCSD secondary thread. The prompt is the same as usual: autobiography with a 10,000 character limit. Other than that, it's a bunch of online forms filling in stuff about your background.

Last edited:
Loma Linda is out....havent had time to actually look at it yet though...

Has anyone got secondaries from Univ of Wisconsin? They've been reviewing my primary for nearly a few weeks now.

Has anyone got secondaries from Univ of Wisconsin? They've been reviewing my primary for nearly a few weeks now.

i got my secondary on july 3rd, but I'm in-state and I think they screen...

Has anyone gotten a secondary to Indiana? I am Early Decision (you have to have a 30 and 3.6), in-state, and got the email on June 30th that they have received my primary, but I have heard nothing!

i've had a solid 3 days without working on any secondaries (6 in the pile).

i feel reenergized. i recommend a break (if you can talk yourself into it)

Has anyone gotten a secondary to Indiana? I am Early Decision (you have to have a 30 and 3.6), in-state, and got the email on June 30th that they have received my primary, but I have heard nothing!
They give most in states secondaries so I wouldn't worry too much. Just be patient!

Does anyone know about Drexel if applying there?

just called loyola...few more weeks on the secondary. the guy i spoke to said we'd be notified by email. could've sworn they did everything by mail in the past.

Does anyone know about Drexel if applying there?

Last year, I think that the secondary come out during the end of the first week in Aug (that was what I found out searching old threads). I assume that they will follow the same timeline this year.

So should we make an official...2008-2009 Rejection Thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.