2008-2009 Temple Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
is there any real consensus on what this "correspondence mailed" status change means. I don't know if i've seen anyone confirm in this thread at least that it actually is a waitlist/rejection.

I havent gotten anything in the mail yet, even though its been about 2 weeks since the status change. So, no, i dont think we can confirm anything about the 'correspondence mailed' status change as of yet. unless someone else got something..? :scared: gah, temple :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I havent gotten anything in the mail yet, even though its been about 2 weeks since the status change. So, no, i dont think we can confirm anything about the 'correspondence mailed' status change as of yet. unless someone else got something..? :scared: gah, temple :confused:

I haven't received it either, but from previous years thread, people with this status were either rejected or waitlisted. It may be different this year though...

Members don't see this ad :)
how long did it take to get a status change?

Anyone here interviewing on 11/18?

Status Changed to Correspondence Mailed today.. What a terrible day - one hold and this.. :(

Nice. when did you interview if you don't mind me asking?

From past years this only means either rejection or waitlist

I remember from when I interviewed, the admissions woman who spoke to us implied that they were "doing things a little bit differently this year." When someone asked for clarification on this statement, I inferred from her answer that they would be accepting less people up front than before.

This means that you could have a better shot to get accepted off the waitlist than in prior years, so don't get too down on yourself. You probably still have a good chance.

I feel ya though, this waiting game is really draining at times. I'm in a similiar position, not having heard anything from yet from this school, or any others in terms of rejection/waitlist/acceptance.

sigh.
this is getting weird.
I just got off the phone with Temple, and the lady said that she doesn't understand why our statuses changed to "Correspondence Mailed" because none of the letters have even been generated yet. aaaaaaaagghhhh it's been so frustrating... I just need to forget about Temple at this point :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
no one has been accepted from temple yet?

sigh.
this is getting weird.
I just got off the phone with Temple, and the lady said that she doesn't understand why our statuses changed to "Correspondence Mailed" because none of the letters have even been generated yet. aaaaaaaagghhhh it's been so frustrating... I just need to forget about Temple at this point :scared:

Do they have any form of organization over there? Just tell me my status!

Not true. Knew someone who interviewed mid-Sept and got accepted Nov. 7. Email/status page notification.

i just received an invite to interview at temple today, but im not sure if i should make the trip out. Can anyone who has already interviewed let me know what temple was like, whats special about it and if you liked it?? Thanks so much, I'd appreciate any input.

People have certainly been accepted - I was just saying that those with status changes to "Correspondence mailed" (most likely waitlist/rejected) still have not gotten any actual mail, and the lady I spoke with said that no letters have been created yet, and gave no time frame for when they would be written/sent out.

Just checked my status, still "interview complete."

Anyone get anything interesting in the mail yet?

Temple is going to be drawing far more heavily (FAR FAR FAR) from their waitlist this year than previous years. This means FAR less students will be accepted outright. I put the interview coordinator on the spot and asked if this would be the case, she said "yes, yes it will."

Just trying to come with some useful(?) information.

Temple is going to be drawing far more heavily (FAR FAR FAR) from their waitlist this year than previous years. This means FAR less students will be accepted outright. I put the interview coordinator on the spot and asked if this would be the case, she said "yes, yes it will."

I also heard something hinting towards this in my interview. I'm guessing they are trying to work on their selectivity numbers. ugh and the wait continues

Dang. I had this beautiful fantasy of being accepted into at least one school by the end of 2008. I think I did my best job selling myself in my Temple interview, better than the other places I've been.

I anticipate a very awkward spring...

just out of curiosity, where did the info come from ( i know you said the coordinator confirmed it, but originally)....

and they have handed out some acceptances.

ya when I interviewed their the admissions lady had said that they were going to have exactly X number of students this year. Which means they have to be slowly pulling people off of a waitlist. I'm pretty surprised that nobody on here has an acceptance yet though. There are two people in the acceptances thread that posted that they were accepted but they haven't posted anywhere or anything.

Finally, ACCEPTED! (Status change, interviewed 9/29)

congrats dmbjeff!

edit: I just checked my status! i'm accepted too! I'm going to be a doctor =)

(interviewed 10/22)

Last edited:
congratulations guys!

I'm still under review, however.

I'll be a doctor too!

Accepted 11/14
Interview 10/14

I also got a phone call around 5:30 too. Very excited.

I called their office today and told them that I have been "under review" since July. The admissions worker acted as if that was indeed weird and left a note in my file. I hope they didn't lose it or something!

I just got the mysterious "correspondence" and was put on the waitlist, so I guess the correspondence mailed status change isn't necessarily a rejection :oops: Still depressing though...

Btw, congrats to everyone who was accepted already!! :) And good luck to everyone else w/the correspondence mailed status :luck:

Ariana, did the waitlist come via snail mail?

Ariana, did the waitlist come via snail mail?

Yea, my status page first changed from interview complete to correspondence mailed, and I got the letter a couple days later :(

I just looked at my status page and it says I'm accepted! But I haven't received a phone call or even an e-mail about it (I interviewed on 9/25). So I would suggest that everyone checks their status page since apparently they don't notify you of a change.

Congrats tati! I didn't receive a phone call or e-mail either

Thank QTLyss! Congrats to you too! I actually received a call from Temple this afternoon...so it looks like they are a couple days behind on the notification.

what do people say when schools call? thanks?

so complete since july, no news, what to do?

edit: i just called them and they said that i could be under review for a long time? does temple have a hold or is this it?

Last edited:
I'm in the exact same boat, under review since July. I called last week, and the admissions person said she would put a note on my file. We'll see what that does. :|

she sounded kinda mean. she said she doesn't know what happens

i got my waitlist in the mail last night. i thought it was kind of funny how nice their letter was, "congratulations!...you've been placed on the waitlist.." relieved that it's not a rejection :oops:

I am on the waitlist, however, I recently received an e-mail about a background check. Did anyone on the waitlist receive this same notification?

if you got a background check, chances are pretty good you got in somewhere. did you interview at another school that is participating in the background check besides Temple? if not, maybe you were accepted off the Temple waitlist! someone else mentioned in another thread that the background checks are pretty expensive; schools typically get them from accepted students. it's possible, but it seems like a big waste of resources to get them from waitlisted students.

Unless there was an error (unlikely), this means you've been accepted somewhere. As previously mentioned, these backgrounds checks are far too expensive for schools to be running them on applicants they don't absolutely intend to accept.

Congratulations.

I am on the waitlist, however, I recently received an e-mail about a background check. Did anyone on the waitlist receive this same notification?

any idea where they are in processing the post interview applications? when did you guys that just got accepted interview?

Anyone complete in late Sept and beyond get an interview yet??? I'm still holding out for one. I called today to see what was up and they just seemed kind of annoyed:(

Status
Not open for further replies.