2008 Non-Trad Applicants' Progress Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
....suuuuuuure........... :barf:

honestly, I just want to get it back and get on with this process. I'm well aware everything is on hold until 10/10, so I really want to get some answers- whether I like them or not.

picked the suits up from the seamstress today. :thumbup: :love:

Totally agree.

Members don't see this ad.

Just a little happy moment for your morning.

I jumped into my truck last night after work and raced accross the state to tell my parents...

My mom was doing parking at the High School football game. I pulled up and asked "is there a discount for doctors?" She said, what? What? WHAT!!!!!! and then hugged me so hard through the window whe nearly pulled me out. She ran all over the parking lot telling her friends.

I went to the house and walked in wearing a new MSU cap and said "is there a doctor in the house? THERE IS NOW!!!!!. My dad just stood there frozen with tears running down his face. I walked over and put the MSU cap on him and he said he's gonna sleep in it :laugh:.

There is your warm fuzzy for the day. I can't wait to start reading yours! ( I suspect this will be a very busy board in two weeks)

James

Congrats 2008orbust!!!! I love the baseball cap story.

Got back from the UVM interview. The school is great. The city is beautiful. I don't think that I was ever so nervous though as when I sat for that first interview. Most OOS applicants there are intially waitlisted...so I am bracing myself for that news.

Members don't see this ad :)
We knew it was coming captain!!!!! :thumbup::clap:

I love seeing us nontrads entering the class of 2012. Keep in going!

yay.. i got the "hold" at GW, too-- hey, at least they think we deserve something more than an all-out rejection! i also got a "hold for fall semester grades" from boston u. i was like, thanks guys, hopefully i will actually know where i'm GOING by the time you get my grades in january!

After hearing nothing but the crickets for 2 weeks, I finally got an email from a school. It was Penn State telling me my app. is complete and ready for review. I submitted everything a month and a half ago.

It's going to be a long winter.

big news this morning - 2 interview invites! tulane & michigan state (MD)

now let's see if i can keep balancing trip planning, scouring SDN interview feedback, and keeping on top of things with my master's program... oh chaos! i love it.

Members don't see this ad :)

now let's see if i can keep balancing trip planning, scouring SDN interview feedback, and keeping on top of things with my master's program... oh chaos! i love it.

Great job! If you have any specific questions about MSU interview day, just PM me!

Congrats! I just had my Tulane interview yesterday. I know you'll love it!

Congrats on the interviews! I have Pitt tomorrow, so I'm about to go to the gym and work off the building stress. That and I have to iron a dress shirt and grade my students attempt to butcher the English language.

Congrats on the interviews! I have Pitt tomorrow, so I'm about to go to the gym and work off the building stress. That and I have to iron a dress shirt and grade my students attempt to butcher the English language.

ah, the gym.. god, i can't remember the last time i worked out (and my interview suit sure doesn't fit me like it did when i first bought it a while back...). exercise is such great stress relief and a confidence booster, but i always put it as last priority, after med school prep stuff, homework, and surfing SDN, of course :) good luck with your interview and knock 'em dead!

p.s. " grade my students' (with an apostrophe!) attempt to butcher...." hahah! oh irony.

ah, the gym.. god, i can't remember the last time i worked out (and my interview suit sure doesn't fit me like it did when i first bought it a while back...). exercise is such great stress relief and a confidence booster, but i always put it as last priority, after med school prep stuff, homework, and surfing SDN, of course :) good luck with your interview and knock 'em dead!

p.s. " grade my students' (with an apostrophe!) attempt to butcher...." hahah! oh irony.

Har!

Internet message board != academic essay, so n'yah...

;)

Current status: Freaking out ever so slightly about my interview tomorrow... did anyone else interview at their dream school first?

Current status: Freaking out ever so slightly about my interview tomorrow... did anyone else interview at their dream school first?
ooooh, :luck: tomorrow!

this week's interviews: Quix today, you tomorrow, me Friday. anyone else? Friday isn't my "dream school" (not sure that I have a specific one), but I do like the school and am excited about going!

EDP here, so dream school is first and only medschool interview,EVER. Nerveracking at the time, but nice to only do it once.

:luck::luck::luck::luck: to all the non-trads this week.

I :love: Pitt.

Very cool day, interviews went well, knock on wood I'll be able to stay here for another 4-5 years.

Awesome news quix! Fingers crossed!

I received my first secondary app today from DMUCOM! Only a day after AACOMAS transmitted to my designated schools. I am not sure if they screen or not but I was so excited that I filled it out immediately and sent it in. Crossing my fingers for interview invites.

I am in LOVE with UCSF :love::love: (don't tell my boyfriend).

The school was so great, the students absolutely loved it, everyone (even the financial aid people) were really interesting and nice, and the dean was realy cool. The interviews were fun and very conversational- I really hope I get in there!

All you people who are interviewing, or are about to, are my heroes.

I finished my last known secondary today. That's 20 secondaries (out of 34 schools) and $1961. I have high hopes, and low expectations.

I jumped into the osteo pool as well. Waiting on AACOMAS verification.

Haven't visited this forum for awhile. So far 5 interviews of which two I have finished.

AECOM was a pretty nice school, much better than I expected, students seemed very happy and it was safer and closer to midtown Manhattan than I expected. The housing was inexpensive and very nice.

Wisconsin was amazing and they seem to really be making a push for top tier status. A billion dollars of new construction buys you some pretty nice new facilities! The medical school is beautiful and everyone seems very happy.

Well, I know I haven't been around much recently...I've tried to keep up, but listening to everyone getting interviews and acceptances was a little more than I could handle!! No more though!! While GW and Maryland have rejected me, Nova loves me!! Guess I'm gonna be a doctor afterall!! :cool:

Good luck to everyone!:luck: And delayed congragulations to everyone who's already gotten an acceptance!

Nate.

i got accepted to MSU-COM! and i'm interviewing at the MD school tomorrow. so it's official - i AM going to be a doctor! *huge sigh of relief*

oh boy, these next couple months will be interesting as i keep interviewing and figuring out what will be the best fit.

Congrats!

I'm starting to feel antsy, as I could potentially hear from Georgetown as early as Monday. Yee-hah.

Hey guys...thought I'd de-lurk and finally say hello. The pre-allo boards are a bit neurotic for me, but I like the non-trad forum and so I think it's about time to join the fun. I've got an interview at UCHSC on Oct 26th and I'm hoping to hear from Georgetown soon. Has anyone been hit with questions about their age so far? I'm curious as to whether the good folks in Denver will be asking those sorts of questions.

Welcome; Pre-Allo is a nice, bubbling cauldron of neurosis, which is why many of us prefer the non-trad forum. ;)

Good luck with UHCSC! In re: Georgetown, are you waiting for an interview, or for an acceptance?

Never too late to jump in, no? (Alright fine, maybe it's close to too late)

Waiting on AMCAS verification (ready for review 9/24).

Welcome; Pre-Allo is a nice, bubbling cauldron of neurosis, which is why many of us prefer the non-trad forum. ;)

Good luck with UHCSC! In re: Georgetown, are you waiting for an interview, or for an acceptance?

An interview, I hope. I've been complete for a little while, so I estimate I should be hearing from them within the next week or two. I only applied to the schools I was really interested in going to, so my list is short and sweet.

By the way, I'm really rooting for you this year. I followed your progress last cycle (as I said, I've lurked for a long time) and hope that you meet with huge success this time around!

An interview, I hope. I've been complete for a little while, so I estimate I should be hearing from them within the next week or two. I only applied to the schools I was really interested in going to, so my list is short and sweet.

By the way, I'm really rooting for you this year. I followed your progress last cycle (as I said, I've lurked for a long time) and hope that you meet with huge success this time around!

Thank you much! Best of luck with the Georgetown interview - it's an extraordinary place.

OK, a little disturbed that I found BIG NON-TRAD NEWS on the pre-allo board! :p

Somebody very special to us better get in here soon before I let the cat out of the bag myself!!!!!:laugh::laugh:

OK, a little disturbed that I found BIG NON-TRAD NEWS on the pre-allo board! :p

Somebody very special to us better get in here soon before I let the cat out of the bag myself!!!!!:laugh::laugh:

I hear you. I've been trying to think of a way to put in a subtle hint, but they are all *way* to obvious. ;)

Okay, the neurosis is setting in and I'm hitting "refresh" on my e-mail. This is no good. I'm walking away from the internet for the rest of the day and focussing on getting grammar exercises done for my English Comp kids.

GWU acceptance email at 6:26am CST today! WOOOOO!!!!!!!! I can't believe after 2 1/2 years of working toward this it's finally going to happen. It's like a dream! No, it IS a dream! I was such a cheese ball. I responded to the email with something like "Thank you SO much. This is a dream come true!" HAR!

:hardy::hardy::hardy::hardy:

Congrats!!!!! (and about time you told us!! :laugh:-see my post above)

That's funny. I believe my official written notice of accepting the seat said "please accept this letter as enthusiastic notice that I will be attending MSU CHM with the entering class of 2008. I shall now go learn the fight song."

Congrats!!!!! (and about time you told us!! :laugh:-see my post above)

That's funny. I believe my official written notice of accepting the seat said "please accept this letter as enthusiastic notice that I will be attending MSU CHM with the entering class of 2008. I shall now go learn the fight song."

HAH! I didn't see that - I got caught up calling friends and family after that frantic ecstatic posting in pre-allo. Traitorous, I know. But you guys know my heart's really in this forum. We rock!

LOVE your fight song response! Hysterical! As for my email from GWU, it seemed most unofficial, which prompted my very unofficial response as well! The acceptance email just said:

"Congratulations!!!! I have a seat in the first year class for 2008 for you!"

:D

It COULD have said "Noodles are good for you! You're accepted!" And I would have been just as happy!

It occurs to me that I shouldn't be checking e-mail religiously - both places at which I've interviewed use snail-mail. Regardless, I'm killing time by grading English Composition papers, and it's slowly killing my soul. According to one of my students, Oedipus grew up in a time when incest was seen more favorably than now. :rolleyes:

GWU acceptance email at 6:26am CST today! WOOOOO!!!!!!!! I can't believe after 2 1/2 years of working toward this it's finally going to happen. It's like a dream! No, it IS a dream! I was such a cheese ball. I responded to the email with something like "Thank you SO much. This is a dream come true!" HAR!

:hardy::hardy::hardy::hardy:

Congrats Phoenix!

Congrats. Enjoy the adult beverage of your choice and enjoy the next phase of your professional life!