2009-2010 Clinical/Counseling Psych Programs Rejection Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rejection from UT-Austin Clinical Program via online status update
Rejection from Indiana U. Bloomington via snail mail

no interview for either

Members don't see this ad.

Rejection via snail mail for their Aging and Development Experimental Program. Did not interview there.

Members don't see this ad :)
Official rejection received from Pace's School-Clinical Child Psychology Psy. D. program today via snail mail.

Has anyone been rejected from Yeshiva's Clinical PsyD program after interviewing?

Has anyone been rejected from Yeshiva's Clinical PsyD program after interviewing?

I haven't heard anything. Judging from what I see on the forum it looks like a batch of people were accepted earlier this month, then a couple more but no news on waitlists or rejects.

Hi everyone. Has anyone received an official rejection from BU? It looks like someone found out by contacting their POI but other than that I'm not sure...kind of expecting one at this point...

Thanks!

Just checkin' :cool:

Hi everyone. Has anyone received an official rejection from BU? It looks like someone found out by contacting their POI but other than that I'm not sure...kind of expecting one at this point...

Thanks!

Just checkin' :cool:

I haven't received mine yet... even though I was vaguely offended by how quickly some schools (hello, Michigan!) sent rejections, now I feel like at least they respected me enough to let me know what was going on as soon as they made their decisions. :)

Not yet... still hoping... I guess we'll all know by Thursday. I had called them a week or so ago and they said "no decision has been made" on my application. I did interview there so I guess this means we're all on a waitlist until no more spots are left...

Um, on April 1st, can they tell us we are waitlisted or is it only "rejected/accepted"?

Long Island University Clinical PsyD rejection received today via snail mail, I was not invited for an interview.

I just got a rejection email from Roosevelt University. I didn't even interview there, so this was no big surprise

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone more rejections received from Rutgers Clinical PhD?

I contacted graduate admissions and my POI a couple days ago...haven't gotten a response yet and my status still says "No decision" :help:

I'm on the edge of my seat!!! :confused:

Friend received rejection email from the Adult Clinical phd at University of Washington yesterday. I know that folks were waiting to hear from UW on this bulletin board!

I've been avoiding this thread because it kills my going to grad school buzz, but social responsibility trumps... rejection via snail mail from SUNY Stony Brook clin PhD program I think the letter arrived 3/24 (didn't interview) and post-interview rejection via email from UDelaware clin phd program - informal from POI 3/9 and formal from grad office 3/24.

Stanford Psych (non-applied) via email

Expected plus I know now I want to do a clinical program, even though POI @ Stanford was a good match for me.

rejected from Biola via snail mail AFTER interview

rejected from (PsyD) Argosy, Irvine via snail mail but accepted to Masters after interview

Rejected from Baylor via e-mail

Rejected from Univ La Verne via snail mail

so here we are on April 1st and i have still heard NOTHING from LIU Brooklyn post-interview. i'm obviously assuming it's a rejection at this point, but could they just please hurry up and let me know already so i can accept another offer? jeez! i've emailed twice and called once in the past week and still NOTHING.

anyone else in this situation?

Same here!!! Aren't they supposed to get back to us by April 1st so that we can accept elsewhere? This is rather annoying.

rejected from Biola via snail mail AFTER interview

rejected from (PsyD) Argosy, Irvine via snail mail but accepted to Masters after interview

Rejected from Baylor via e-mail

Rejected from Univ La Verne via snail mail

are these all PsyD?

Hey,
Has anyone heard from PGSP-Stanford since 3/10 or 3/12? Have they given out any rejections yet?

so here we are on April 1st and i have still heard NOTHING from LIU Brooklyn post-interview. i'm obviously assuming it's a rejection at this point, but could they just please hurry up and let me know already so i can accept another offer? jeez! i've emailed twice and called once in the past week and still NOTHING.

Same here!!! Aren't they supposed to get back to us by April 1st so that we can accept elsewhere? This is rather annoying.

I also haven't heard anything post-interview from LIU Brooklyn.... aren't they violating APA by not telling us? I started to worry that my letter got lost in the mail... but since you two haven't heard either I am starting to wonder.

They're on spring break this week, so you're not going to be hearing anything till next week.

Rutgers Clinical Phd

again not a surprise, POI ended up interviewing and accepting 1 student.

I am glad these are coming via email. 2 to go.

Rutgers Clinical Phd

again not a surprise, POI ended up interviewing and accepting 1 student.

I am glad these are coming via email. 2 to go.

Me too. I wonder if the student was someone who already works in his lab as an RA or something... suspicious indeed!

Me too. I wonder if the student was someone who already works in his lab as an RA or something... suspicious indeed!

That was my guess. or a student he had a previous relationship with.
actually I think it was cool of him to just interview that person if acceptance was all but a formality. otherwise other folks who interviewed would have got their hopes up, not to mention the time and money involved. I also appreciated that he was honest with me about this and gave me the feedback that my application was solid.

Has anyone gotten official rejections from them yet? I expected them a long time ago and it's weird having no response....

actually, they were on spring break last week (http://www.brooklyn.liu.edu/registrar/academic_calendar.html).

so hmmm...i guess the APA deadline for decisions is more flexible than i thought it was.

Oh, the main campus, well, I'm going to their Psy.D program, and there are no classes this week, as per the email from Pamela Pruitt

("You MUST RSVP with me to sit in on a class, as space will be limited for some classes. Also note that we are on Spring break the week of March 28th. ")

and when I sat in on some classes they told me the same thing... Sorry for the mix up! :p

And now one from the "Totally didn't see that one coming," file: IIT beat me to the punch and turned me down for their MS Rehab Psych program. I'd already accepted elsewhere so it was no a big deal, but still --

This process has been so mystifyingly unpredictable...

I suppose I can call GSU and tell them I'm no longer interested, just to pretend I was the one who turned down a chance at admission at a PhD program (in truth they never interviewed me and have yet to update my status from "no decision") :p

haha, no worries. yeah, cw post and brooklyn have different schedules.

Oh, the main campus, well, I'm going to their Psy.D program, and there are no classes this week, as per the email from Pamela Pruitt

("You MUST RSVP with me to sit in on a class, as space will be limited for some classes. Also note that we are on Spring break the week of March 28th. ")

and when I sat in on some classes they told me the same thing... Sorry for the mix up! :p

That I'd already accepted somewhere else -- what other reason could GSU have for sending me a rejection letter (clinical/community psych)? Sheesh -- I was such a sure thing there, they hadn't even thought it necessary to interview me! :D

And with that, my application season is officially over. Phew...pantpantpant

Clinical PsyD Program Alliant/CSPP San Francisco via e-mail.

Clinical PsyD Program Alliant/CSPP San Francisco via e-mail.

did they send you an email regarding your financial aid award? I received one but have not heard from the school regarding my acceptance. I also didn't really complete the app (left out the personal statement) so I kinda figured I wouldn't be considered but they still keep sending me stuff :confused:

did they send you an email regarding your financial aid award? I received one but have not heard from the school regarding my acceptance. I also didn't really complete the app (left out the personal statement) so I kinda figured I wouldn't be considered but they still keep sending me stuff :confused:

I didn't apply for financial aid. I interviewed earlier this month, however. They said they would forward my app to my other choices, but they seem REALLY behind, and I'd be surprised if the other campuses had any room...

Got an official rejection letter via snail mail from pgsp-stanford today. I had previously received an e-mail saying I was still being considered after acceptances had gone out (waitlist?) so I guess this is a rejection off a waitlist.

FYI, I have already accepted an offer at Adelphi, but for those waiting Dr. Wong from LIU Bklyn let me know today via e-mail that I was not accepted off the wait list.

Got an email from my POI at Montana saying he was unable to extend an offer for the clinical PhD program because he didn't have the extra funding he'd hoped for to offer me a place.

Pretty bummed out about this one. It was my #1 choice and it sucks the only reason I don't get an offer is because of space and funding. I feel I'd rather be rejected because of being underqualified...

My alma marter (at which I didn't interview) still hasn't sent me a formal rejection letter. Considering I live literally a block from the building, I'd consider that lazy. ;)

Into every wound a little salt must fall...

officially rejected at Yeshiva today (4/12/2010) for clinical health phd program.

I think I'm going to go ahead and stop updating this thread; I think most of the letters people are getting now are the "expected it since they didn't interview me" kind.