2009-2010 Drexel Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
idk why drexel admissions wrote that the waitlist movement hasnt started in their response email, because i interviewed 10/20, was waitlisted, and just was accepted off of the waitlist last week. :)

just wanted to let you all know so that you're aware that the waitlist is moving. congrats to everyone recently accepted, and, for those waiting, don't give up hope!! :-D

Members don't see this ad.

idk why drexel admissions wrote that the waitlist movement hasnt started in their response email, because i interviewed 10/20, was waitlisted, and just was accepted off of the waitlist last week. :)

just wanted to let you all know so that you're aware that the waitlist is moving. congrats to everyone recently accepted, and, for those waiting, don't give up hope!! :-D

Nice! Congrats! They must be tired of everyone calling and e-mailing about the WL.

How cruel... they've rejected me and now are inviting me to apply to their MPH program.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the call from Dr. Parrish! I interviewed mid October and was waitlisted at the end of it. The waitlist is definitely moving now! Good luck everyone! Keep your heads up!!

does it seem like the waitlist is moving in order of interview date? It seems like all the people getting off the waitlist interviewed in October

Still crossing my fingers after having interviewed back in Feb and not receiving a decision yet!

Just got the call from Dr. Parrish! I interviewed mid October and was waitlisted at the end of it. The waitlist is definitely moving now! Good luck everyone! Keep your heads up!!

congrats megafoofie! i got the call too!! i am shaking right now haha
can't believe it!

interviewed in November.

good luck to those waiting!! don't lose hope!

Congrats to those who were accepted. It does look like they're going in order of interview date - I interviewed in the first week of December, so I really hope I get a call soon!

To those who know, for all of us on the waitlist, is there anything we need to be doing right now in terms of mailing them our transcripts, getting vaccinations, etc? I'm on the waitlist at another school that wants us to do that. For Drexel, though, are we just supposed to wait until asked?

Congrats to those who were accepted. It does look like they're going in order of interview date - I interviewed in the first week of December, so I really hope I get a call soon!

To those who know, for all of us on the waitlist, is there anything we need to be doing right now in terms of mailing them our transcripts, getting vaccinations, etc? I'm on the waitlist at another school that wants us to do that. For Drexel, though, are we just supposed to wait until asked?

I'm pretty sure we're just suppose to wait it out.

It's a positive sign that we're seeing some waitlist movement and it isn't July yet. Maybe they were a little reluctant to give out straight up acceptances and the waitlist will move until end of July?

Last edited:
It seems like acceptances off the waiting list come every Tuesday and Thursday. Let's see if the theory holds true for tomorrow..

I'm pretty sure we're just suppose to wait it out.

It's a positive sign that we're seeing some waitlist movement and it isn't July yet. Maybe they were a little reluctant to give out straight up acceptances and the waitlist will move until end of July?

It looks like at least 4 SDNers come off the waitlist every week...I wouldn't be surprised if this trend continued for a while, at this rate maybe even late July. Fingers crossed!

hey guys! :) i just wanted to let you know that i mailed my letter of withdrawal to drexel today. i really, truly hope one of you gets the spot - keep the faith! wishing you all the best of luck :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys! :) i just wanted to let you know that i mailed my letter of withdrawal to drexel today. i really, truly hope one of you gets the spot - keep the faith! wishing you all the best of luck :xf:

Thank youu!! :)

Best of luck wherever your going!

Anyone on the waitlist... how did you find out you had an acceptance? Did you get a background check e-mail first??? I just got a BG check e-mail from AMCAS.. but I am on 3 WLs.. and I haven't gotten any acceptance e-mails/phone calls.. I am so nervous...:scared:

Thanks- its nice to see people actually rooting for eachother. You hear so much about cut-throat premeds, so, its nice when people show evidence otherwise. Thanks :)

hey! i'm not too sure how to multiple quote on this thing so i'm gunna resort to the good old facebook method lol

@niner4life - thank you so much :D !!! i appreciate your well-wishes more than you know!!
@jadealer - dr. parrish called me on a friday, and if it makes you feel better, i didn't get the background check email until i came off a waitlist :D (maybe a good sign?)
@9019mmk - thanks! that's so sweet of you to say. i don't understand that sentiment either to be honest - i think doctors are supposed to work together and that some competition with yourself is healthy to an extent but with others is pointless and destructive...=]

Hey everyone,

For anyone who is currently waitlisted, GOOD LUCK! I really hope that you all get in! I interviewed in early February and finally received notice that I had been Waitlisted at the end of april/beginning of May. I then received a call that I had been accepted on Friday, May 28 at around 10:00 AM. A few weeks later I received a background check e-mail.

I hope that helps and answers a few questions for all of you. Good luck again!

Tuesdays seem to be the day Dr. Parrish calls people from the waiting list...Here's hoping for some good news tomorrow...

Waitlisters, are you sending in letter(s) of interest/intent to them?

Would it be a bad idea to send multiple (2-3) even if they're about month or greater apart?

Just wondering, I'm getting mixed responses about sending letter(s) once waitlisted.

niner4life13 said:
Waitlisters, are you sending in letter(s) of interest/intent to them?

Would it be a bad idea to send multiple (2-3) even if they're about month or greater apart?

Just wondering, I'm getting mixed responses about sending letter(s) once waitlisted.
I sent in another LOR and LOI. I don't see how it could hurt, so go for it.

Have you guys been sending letters to admissions office via email or directly to Ms. Kelli Kennedy or Dr. Parrish?

To the general admin email, I don't think they want them directly.

does anyone have the housing list? I can't log in yet because I don't have the login information yet.
I was accepted last Tuesday but have yet to receive the acceptance package.

Anybody get a call today? :)

EDIT: Although we already know, the admissions office also said the waitlist is moving, so just watch out for the phone-call. That's positive news compared to previous years.

Just got the call from Dr. Parrish today!!! Accepted, and i am in utter amazement. interviewed 12/09, waitlisted in march. :D

To those that have been accepted from the waitlist, has anybody sent in 2 or more update/letter of interests since your interview/being waitlisted?

has everyone that had been waitlisted in November and December get accepted?

has everyone that had been waitlisted in November and December get accepted?

No sir/ma'am. Well technically not waitlisted in Nov/Dec, waitlisted around the last or second to last week in October and still on the waitlist. I've sent 2 LOIs (one after being waitlisted at the beginning of Nov and one in May) and 2 updates (publication and activities around March), don't really know what else I can do at this point. I'm considering sending one last LOI today or tomrorow or Friday but after that I think I've done everything I can.
Let me just say this process has been LONG.
I guess keep on waititing.
Interestingly enough I spoke to someone on the phone in the admissions dept the other day and she said the waitlist is moving AND that it will CONTINUE to move up until THE FIRST DAY OF CLASSES (not just the first day of orientation). So I guess keep your hopes up fellow waitlisters, I just had a crazy dream about the waitlist last night and finding out I was ranked last on it ... :(

Congrats to all the people getting accepted. Anyone still waiting: don't abandon all hope! People actually do get into the class up to the very last minute!

For those of you intending to make an honest woman out of Drexel and take her up on the acceptance, welcome to the school.

I'm hoping they're going to call another group of waitlistees tomorrow. Any movement is good movement.

This is kind of an extension to streetdoc10's question, but did all the waitlisters who interviewed in November and December get accepted?

Also, you think there will be phone calls next week, even though there's the 4th of July holiday? It seems that Dr. Parrish calls on Tuesdays...so does that mean they meet on Mondays, which is closed next week?

No sir/ma'am. Well technically not waitlisted in Nov/Dec, waitlisted around the last or second to last week in October and still on the waitlist. I've sent 2 LOIs (one after being waitlisted at the beginning of Nov and one in May) and 2 updates (publication and activities around March), don't really know what else I can do at this point. I'm considering sending one last LOI today or tomrorow or Friday but after that I think I've done everything I can.
Let me just say this process has been LONG.
I guess keep on waititing.
Interestingly enough I spoke to someone on the phone in the admissions dept the other day and she said the waitlist is moving AND that it will CONTINUE to move up until THE FIRST DAY OF CLASSES (not just the first day of orientation). So I guess keep your hopes up fellow waitlisters, I just had a crazy dream about the waitlist last night and finding out I was ranked last on it ... :(

This is kind of an extension to streetdoc10's question, but did all the waitlisters who interviewed in November and December get accepted?

Also, you think there will be phone calls next week, even though there's the 4th of July holiday? It seems that Dr. Parrish calls on Tuesdays...so does that mean they meet on Mondays, which is closed next week?

as iloveboloties said... and since i interviewed/waitlisted in november and didn't get an acceptance, no, not all waitlisters from nov and dec. interview dates were accepted. =/

who knows what will happen with holidays and such, its tough to speculate from the sidelines.. but lets keep our fingers crossed! good luck!!:luck:

To help some of you out here are the important dates of my acceptance process.

10/16/09:sent in secondary application
2/18/10: interviewed
6/10/10: Acceptance Call
6/18/10: Received Acceptance Packet

I have been informed through a good source that last week only 5 students were accepted off the waiting-list. With that average, your chances are slim considering there are hundredth of peeps on this list!

Last edited:
I guess not... Abandon all hope ye who enter here.

I was just accepted off the waitlist. Interviewed mid-March, waitlisted mid-May, accepted July 20th. Recieved a phone call from Mrs. Kennedy and my status changed to "a final decision has been reached..." Hope that helps!

I was just accepted off the waitlist. Interviewed mid-March, waitlisted mid-May, accepted July 20th. Recieved a phone call from Mrs. Kennedy and my status changed to "a final decision has been reached..." Hope that helps!

Did you send any letters of interest? What were your MCAT/GPA if you don't mind me asking....

incase anyone was wondering or still holding out hope the lady on the phone in the admissions office said that if you havent heard by today it's not gonna happen :(

Status
Not open for further replies.