Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Add more invites this morning!
Updating may be spotty for these next two days (though I'll keep up with it as best I can!), as I will be on the road for interview!
Wish me luck, if you will!![]()
Good luck!
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Add more invites this morning!
Updating may be spotty for these next two days (though I'll keep up with it as best I can!), as I will be on the road for interview!
Wish me luck, if you will!![]()

One of my schools says they didn't get my transcripts and that my materials will only be forwarded to the department once they receive them. Does this mean I'm out of the running?! I mailed them myself!!!!!![]()
One of my schools says they didn't get my transcripts and that my materials will only be forwarded to the department once they receive them. Does this mean I'm out of the running?! I mailed them myself!!!!!![]()
One of my schools says they didn't get my transcripts and that my materials will only be forwarded to the department once they receive them. Does this mean I'm out of the running?! I mailed them myself!!!!!![]()
I'm curious about them too, definitely let us know what they report! Thanks!
Also, I have found UPS and FedEx, to be much more reliable than USPS which is worth the extra few bucks to send the package to me. QUOTE]
In my experience, sending it UPS was actually cheaper than USPS. ($7 next day delivery with UPS vs. $16 to overnight with USPS). Of course, I suppose this only holds true if, like me, you are a procrastinator and wait til the last day
Add more invites this morning!
Updating may be spotty for these next two days (though I'll keep up with it as best I can!), as I will be on the road for interview!
Wish me luck, if you will!![]()
Add more invites this morning!
Updating may be spotty for these next two days (though I'll keep up with it as best I can!), as I will be on the road for interview!
Wish me luck, if you will!![]()
Updated! Thanks for all the good luck wishes! I'm off to bed for a full day of interviewing tomorrow!


you deserve it 🙂 Hope the top choice streak continues with you 🙂I received this from the secretary at UNLV today for the Clinical program.
"Interview day will be held March 5th, and so, typically applicants selected for the first tier will know of interview invitations by this month's end. If you haven't heard anything by February 10th, it is unlikely you'll receive an invite, but decisions are not final until April 1st."
Hmmm... I didn't receive this. Was this email in response to a question you had sent or was it a mass mailing?
Sad day... University of Miami invites were sent out by the admissions chair, so I'm assuming they all went out at once.
hypothetical question: If a POI calls you - say on a Friday- is it ok to take the weekend to prepare before calling them back on Monday (esp. if you are working Fri.) or is that considered rude?
would the person invited to interview at Stony Brook mind PMing me their POI?
Got my first interview invite yesterday!! I was starting to lose all hope--4/15 of my schools are on the list. It's my 'bottom' school, geographically, and the fit with my POI isn't even that great, but I figured I'd apply anyway.
Oh well, hopefully there are more coming my way.
Also, can the people who got interviews at:
UCSB, George Mason, American, and U Mass Boston
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PM me who your POI is???
This is like the ending of a horrible relationship, and I need some closure. 😳
Lets be honest, when it comes to getting in their is no such thing as a bad fit geographically... sometimes we do what we have to do right?
i mean if you restrict yourself because of significant others etc that makes it less convenient and makes for less schools you can apply to, but i mean if you only get into one school are you going to not go simply because of the geography? if so then why apply there to begin with?I disagree.
i mean if you restrict yourself because of significant others etc that makes it less convenient and makes for less schools you can apply to, but i mean if you only get into one school are you going to not go simply because of the geography? if so then why apply there to begin with?
So is Stony Brook still sending invites? It looks like they are having interviews this weekend. And they contacted people almost a month ago. Though I have to say I'm not sure how this is possible, since it looks like the first person to get a interview invite was asked only 3 days after the application deadline. Does anyone have any ideas about this?
Also, for the people who have been contacted by their POI for UVM, if you are willing, I'm interested in knowing who this is? If you feel comfortable would you send me a PM.
Best of Luck to everyone.
It has nothing to do with significant others or anything like that- I applied to schools all over the country. I applied there because the fit was decent, and clinical program top notch, in my opinion. I figured I might as well-if it's the only place I get in, of course I'll go. I just meant that of all the schools I applied to, this is the last one I would choose.
Got my first interview invite yesterday!! I was starting to lose all hope--4/15 of my schools are on the list. It's my 'bottom' school, geographically, and the fit with my POI isn't even that great, but I figured I'd apply anyway.
Oh well, hopefully there are more coming my way.
Also, can the people who got interviews at:
UCSB, George Mason, American, and U Mass Boston
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PM me who your POI is???
This is like the ending of a horrible relationship, and I need some closure. 😳
So is Stony Brook still sending invites? It looks like they are having interviews this weekend. And they contacted people almost a month ago. Though I have to say I'm not sure how this is possible, since it looks like the first person to get a interview invite was asked only 3 days after the application deadline. Does anyone have any ideas about this?


Plus, I think research would show that amount of worry does not siginificantly predict the likelihood of influencing a POI's decision to give you an interview. haha.
Don't write yourself off yet...or raise false alarms for everyone else! Someone I work with received a phone interview invite via email from their POI. The POI said that final decisions about interviews would be made next week. I think this is similar to what is posted in the list.
I feel that way about American....POI: "its not me its you" 😀
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.