2009-2010 NYU Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend was accepted from WL this morning. There is movement, good luck people!

Members don't see this ad.

Whoa, also accepted from the WL this morning! I'm heading to Sinai so I'm withdrawing immediately, but this is great news for everyone.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got accepted today as well!superrr happyy but now cant decide between einstein and NYU! any suggestions?

Bluedevil... did you go to Duke and are also female? Perhaps they will pick me to fill your spot?!

UGH this is so frustrating.

Did they give two weeks for a decision again?

I'm so frustrated too! Im trying hard to stay positive though...

Do those of you who just got off the waitlist mind sharing your stats? And what type of action you took (when you sent letters and stuff)?

Thanks!

I'm so frustrated too! Im trying hard to stay positive though...

Do those of you who just got off the waitlist mind sharing your stats? And what type of action you took (when you sent letters and stuff)?

Thanks!

I am definitely sad about not hearing any good news from NYU. BLue devill did you do the same thing from nyu as at mt sinai.....? these waitlists are killing me ):

I'm actually a male from Duke, you can check my mdapplicants for stats and whatnot as well.

And yes, I pretty much utilized the same strategy of sending in letters from various, diverse sources very often. It was a tough decision, but I'm withdrawing my acceptance tonight so hopefully one of you will nab that extra spot!

Last edited:
Does anyone have a copy of NYU's 2010, 2009, or 2008 match list? The most recent one i can find is 2007...

Does anyone have a copy of NYU's 2010, 2009, or 2008 match list? The most recent one i can find is 2007...

they are not online...you have to call the registrar to request them, they can either mail or fax them to you.

Members don't see this ad :)
NYU is such a bad medical school.

It does not have a good reputation, is located in an awful, dreary, disgusting environment, has horrible student housing (even after the move from rubin hall), has a filthy, dark, dingy anatomy lab...so on and so forth.

What good qualities does NYU have?

NYU is such a bad medical school.

It does not have a good reputation, is located in an awful, dreary, disgusting environment, has horrible student housing (even after the move from rubin hall), has a filthy, dark, dingy anatomy lab...so on and so forth.

What good qualities does NYU have?

For one, how about how you won't be there?

When is NYU going to move up in the rankings!!!!

I am sick and tired of it being ranked lower than top 20. I just don't know why NYU doesn't just do more research to get more NIH funding so it can move up in the rankings?!

Obviously something terrible happened in the past week that made them fall from top-20 caliber to a flat-out bad medical school. Quick, everyone, withdraw!

Today was the last day for this past group to withdraw. So more movement should be within about a week. There has to be at least a few spots since people have openly said they were withdrawing.

excited to meet you all soon =) as for orientation, do you guys plan on going to all the social events every night??

hey there new friends,

so, i just read though the orientation materials and discovered the two ticket limit w/r/t the white coat. in short, im hoping one of you friendly people might not be expecting company and can help me accommodate my parents as well as my fiance, all three of whom want to be there. if any of you kind souls know that you'll have an extra available, would you please hit me up w a pm so we can talk details? id love to show my appreciation and jump start getting to know you by taking us out to lunch one day that week. anyway, thanks, enjoy the rest of your summers, and im *really* looking forward to next month!

Dear All,

Others have asked for this before me, so I figured there's no harm in trying as well. My family is very upset with the 2/person white coat ceremony ticket policy, so if I could acquire an extra ticket or two, it would mean the world. Please message me so that we could work out the details. I live in NYC so could meet up with you whenever you'd like!

Thanks!

Waitlist movement? My guess is no though since no one has posted anything.

Any waitlistees hear anything? I called this afternoon and the lady in the admissions office said more acceptances went out today. Starting to look pretty grim for those of us who have not heard back. Hopefully someone got some NYU love!

Its strange that the facebook group is only about half full and school starts in a month and a half :confused:

Does anyone know anything about the number of people still on the waitlist?

Its strange that the facebook group is only about half full and school starts in a month and a half :confused:

Not really - I have not joined that page (not into Facebook)...besides, the page is pretty dead.

The FB group did go up by 3 yesterday, but it would be nice if someone who got the email could be on this thread to confirm.

Yes, there were acceptances sent out yesterday. I was fortunate enough to get one, and I am definitely attending.

Also, if there is anyone with an extra White Coat Ceremony ticket they're dying to get rid of, please PM me and I will happily take it off your hands. I would like my wife and both parents to be able to attend...

man, how all y'all jackin' my sweet idea like that? good things this a pass/fail program... j/k :cool: im just joshin'—this sucks for all of us, obviously. anyway, still very much looking for that ticket and hoping someone here will come to my rescue :xf::thumbup: thanks kids~

Hello,
I am also looking for another ticket for the white coat ceremony so that my parents and sister can attend. If you may have an extra ticket, I'd really appreciate it if we can work it out... Please pm me so we can figure out the arrangements. Hope you all are having a great summer and looking forward to meeting you!

Dear All,

Others have asked for this before me, so I figured there's no harm in trying as well. My family is very upset with the 2/person white coat ceremony ticket policy, so if I could acquire an extra ticket or two, it would mean the world. Please message me so that we could work out the details. I live in NYC so could meet up with you whenever you'd like!

Thanks!

Yes, there were acceptances sent out yesterday. I was fortunate enough to get one, and I am definitely attending.

Also, if there is anyone with an extra White Coat Ceremony ticket they're dying to get rid of, please PM me and I will happily take it off your hands. I would like my wife and both parents to be able to attend...

White Coat tix please? Need two. Will pay $50 each. Thanks!

I guess that means I'll have to offer $75 for the one. Show me some love, y0...

When they say "move in" is from 10 am - 3 pm, does that mean you can't move in at any other time once you have your key? And on that Sunday, is there no move-in allowed? Again, assuming you obtain your key, etc., on a prior day?

When they say "move in" is from 10 am - 3 pm, does that mean you can't move in at any other time once you have your key? And on that Sunday, is there no move-in allowed? Again, assuming you obtain your key, etc., on a prior day?

I'm pretty sure the move-in times are just when someone will be there to give you your key. After that, you can move your stuff in any time you want.

Does anyone know when NYU SoM is going to get a new website? The one now is so ghetto and out of date with info from many years back.

Are any of you going to be opting out of NYU's insurance and keeping your own? Does the requirement for inpatient and outpatient mental health and substance abuse treatment mean coverage for medical expenses related to those reasons or seperate coverage provisions for those specific circumstances? It's a little confusing and I'm sure some of you have this more figured out than I do at the moment.

I was also wondering what other people are doing about the insurance. NYU's plan looks pretty sweet, but the cost of the family plan freaks me out a bit...

Nevermind, I just had to dig a little deeper into my 78 page benefit book to answer my question. Thankfully, I will be able to waive the NYU policy because I'll still be covered under my parents plan, which saves me quite a bit of money. It looks like I won't have to be borrowing quite as much as I feared. NYU's plan does look great though.

Also, has anyone heard anything about/know when we will hear about our housing assignments? It would be nice to find out about roommates and get the lease agreement taken care of considering we are a month away from move in.

I emailed the housing office last night with some general questions about the logistics of moving into New York City (which I am still concerned about). In their reply, they said 'you can expect your housing assignment in the next week or so, sent via priority mail.' I love the 'or so.' Always the 'or so...'

i am offering $250 per ticket for the NYU white coat ceremony. Please PM me asap!

Status
Not open for further replies.