2009-2010 Ohio State Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just submitted, how long does it stay under pending confirmation? And do we get an email confirmation? And I can't log into that medstar thing either...

Members don't see this ad.

I just submitted, how long does it stay under pending confirmation? And do we get an email confirmation? And I can't log into that medstar thing either...

My status says my app was received and confirmed. I haven't received any emails from them though.

Members don't see this ad :)
So I couldn't log into the status page with their password combo thing, but then I put in the same one for the application, and it seemed to work but then I got some weird script error page with a bunch of gibberish on it. Anybody else?

been verified a month. but just got my mcat...32...i hope im competitive?
congrats! Thats a good score! In terms of competitiveness it should be, I guess dep on your GPA and ECs

So I just got an email saying they received my submitted application, but I still can't access the Medstar thing.
If I use their formula, it says invalid login name.
If I use the secondary app login, it works but takes me to this gibberish page that says "oops, an exception occured!" and it looks like computer programming language.
Argh.:mad:

So I just got an email saying they received my submitted application, but I still can't access the Medstar thing.
If I use their formula, it says invalid login name.
If I use the secondary app login, it works but takes me to this gibberish page that says "oops, an exception occured!" and it looks like computer programming language.
Argh.:mad:

same thing happened to me, just gotta submit secondary and it ll be fixed pretty quick

So you're saying I have to submit it again?

oh I thought you meant submitted primary. Um well then I would just wait. It should be up within a business day. My medstar hasn't even been updated that they have my secondary, even though its been submitted for 2 days now and says it is confirmed under the secondary page.

Quick question. How many and what kind of LORs does Ohio State need. I can't find the info anywhere

Quick question. How many and what kind of LORs does Ohio State need. I can't find the info anywhere
I don't think you looked hard enough. Right on their website :laugh:
Reference Letter Requirement: </I></B>
  • A minimum of two letters from faculty who have taught and graded your course work is required.
  • If your school provides a committee letter, this is accepted in lieu of the two academic letters. </I></B>
  • </I></B>Additional letters from individuals who are able to speak to your abilities and unique characteristics are also encouraged. For example: community and volunteer service, clinical exposure, research experience.

• The average number of letters submitted is three. It is advised that the number of letters be limited to no more than four or five.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think you looked hard enough. Right on their website :laugh:
Reference Letter Requirement: </I></B>
  • A minimum of two letters from faculty who have taught and graded your course work is required.
  • If your school provides a committee letter, this is accepted in lieu of the two academic letters. </I></B>
  • </I></B>Additional letters from individuals who are able to speak to your abilities and unique characteristics are also encouraged. For example: community and volunteer service, clinical exposure, research experience.

• The average number of letters submitted is three. It is advised that the number of letters be limited to no more than four or five.

Thanks, i'm kinda tired give me a break dude

Does anyone's status page still say "awaiting secondary"? even though I sent it in already and on the secondary page it says its confirmed and received...just making sure I didn't miss anything

Does anyone's status page still say "awaiting secondary"? even though I sent it in already and on the secondary page it says its confirmed and received...just making sure I didn't miss anything

No, my status says secondary received and confirmed.:shrug:

Those 2 essays are taking me forever to write. :thumbdown:

I just got this one. Looks fairly tough, but easier than the Pitt and UChicago secondaries I have sitting in my inbox.

Hey guys, anyone here get something called an entry term or an entry number after submitting their application?

Anybody get an email talking about secondaries are received??

i don't understand why i still haven't gotten a secondary? got some from other schools. everything looks ok on AMCAS too.

I did, it has a weird section that gave user name and password for financial aid but none of it works lol

I just got one too. You can check you status by going back to the original email that instructed you to complete your secondary. when you select the option to complete the secondary it will bring you to another screen and the check status option is on the lower left.
here's mine:
Ohio State University College of Medicine

spacer.gif
College of Medicine Supplemental Application for Fall 2010 Status: Payment accepted, data sent, received, and confirmed! https://www.applyweb.com/apply/osumed Order ID: OSUPM_XXXXXX_XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Amount Paid: $80.00
Started: 09:57 AM, June 25, 2009 (PST)
Sent: 05:29 PM, July 02, 2009 (PST)
Confirmed: 03:35 AM, July 06, 2009 (PST)

question tho. does this mean I am complete?

I just got one too. You can check you status by going back to the original email that instructed you to complete your secondary. when you select the option to complete the secondary it will bring you to another screen and the check status option is on the lower left.
here's mine:
Ohio State University College of Medicine

spacer.gif
College of Medicine Supplemental Application for Fall 2010 Status: Payment accepted, data sent, received, and confirmed! Order ID: OSUPM_XXXXXX_XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Amount Paid: $80.00
Started: 09:57 AM, June 25, 2009 (PST)
Sent: 05:29 PM, July 02, 2009 (PST)
Confirmed: 03:35 AM, July 06, 2009 (PST)

question tho. does this mean I am complete?

Not complete in terms still need LORs sent in. But OSU has it where you don't need LOR to get an invite

I'm waiting for a confirmation email. My status hasn't changed since last month.

Not complete in terms still need LORs sent in. But OSU has it where you don't need LOR to get an invite

I assigned those the day i submitted my secondary. Hopefully they are included in my file at OSU. good to know tho

I assigned those the day i submitted my secondary. Hopefully they are included in my file at OSU. good to know tho

Then yea you are good to go...if you read last year's thread, they do not give an email for complete

So if they don't send an email for complete, and your letters are already on AMCAS (and received by other schools), you can basically say you're complete, right?

Yep complete! Should have news around late July/early Aug

I'm pretty sure interview invitations start in the very first days of August for Ohio State.

Just submitted this one.

Anyone know how long it takes for the status page to change? Mine still says secondary not received.

Last edited:
Turns out one employee at the OSU admissions office manually updates the application completion on the medstar page.

It may take 2-4 days depending on when the update system syncs.

Turns out one employee at the OSU admissions office manually updates the application completion on the medstar page.

It may take 2-4 days depending on when the update system syncs.

Wow that'll be a lot of work when all the secondaries flood in.

y0g we have similar stats and applying to similar schools! good luck! heres to hope to see you on the interview trail :D

Well, I submitted yesterday but now I can't log on to the medstar thing. Maybe it's being updated?

They received my secondary. Complete feels good. Now the wait!

wait, is the email "Your Ohio State University College of Medicine secondary application has been received." in the body?
with "Your recent application to The Ohio State University" as the subject line?

Weird. I submitted mine the first day they sent out the secondary (June 26th?), and haven't gotten anything.

Last edited:
wait, is the email "Your Ohio State University College of Medicine secondary application has been received." in the body?
with "Your recent application to The Ohio State University" as the subject line?
Ah good question! I got that one 2 days after submission.

Status
Not open for further replies.